WOT For First time 2013 WRX Hatch - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on WOT For First time 2013 WRX Hatch within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ACN91 is fuel, Arizona, California, Nevada, 91 octane. It's fuel specifically in these states. From what I've gathered around the ...

ACN91 is fuel, Arizona, California, Nevada, 91 octane. It's fuel specifically in these states. From what I've gathered around the forums, it pales in comparison to 91 from other states. Exactly why, I can't say. I'd assume it has to do with additives relating to emission standards but that's just speculation.
    Stage 1 is a level of modification done to the vehicle, essentially from stock to very minor power modifications. The map, in this case, is a number of set parameters that reprogram the ECU for the given mods (in this case, I believe just better electronic engine management--tuning).

tl;dr=tuning the stock vehicle for 91 octane in AZ,CA,NV.
    Last edited by Zataks; 10-17-2013 at 11:18 AM. Reason: formatting

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you really want to enjoy your AP you should go and purchase a stage1Map from Torqued Performace it is way better IMO then the Cobb one. Night and day difference and Eric is awesome! Best $ I spent on my car to date was the AP and Torqued Map
    11 SWP LMTD Hatch SPT Exhaust, Kartboy STS w/ Bushings, 30% Tint, Red tails, Stage 1 TP Tune

Quote Originally Posted by YorkWRX11 View Post
    If you really want to enjoy your AP you should go and purchase a stage1Map from Torqued Performace it is way better IMO then the Cobb one. Night and day difference and Eric is awesome! Best $ I spent on my car to date was the AP and Torqued Map
    I have been reading about the TP maps and everyone is saying it's a huge difference. Could you please describe why it's better? Also, is it safe for long term engine life? Thanks

The power is the main difference... If you think CObb one is good wait until you go Torqued. Also for the fee that Eric charges you take data logs and he will adjust the tune specifically to your car. I believe I'm on my 3rd revision. So the bonus with him is that he looks at your logs if you ever need him to, just shoot him an email. Most people say stage 1 tunes are on the safe side bc the are pretty conservative. I always re-flash my car before i bring it to the dealership for any service just to be safe. The minute a tech drove your car he would be able to tell right away that it was flashed
    11 SWP LMTD Hatch SPT Exhaust, Kartboy STS w/ Bushings, 30% Tint, Red tails, Stage 1 TP Tune

Quote Originally Posted by YorkWRX11 View Post
    The power is the main difference... If you think CObb one is good wait until you go Torqued. Also for the fee that Eric charges you take data logs and he will adjust the tune specifically to your car. I believe I'm on my 3rd revision. So the bonus with him is that he looks at your logs if you ever need him to, just shoot him an email. Most people say stage 1 tunes are on the safe side bc the are pretty conservative. I always re-flash my car before i bring it to the dealership for any service just to be safe. The minute a tech drove your car he would be able to tell right away that it was flashed
    I ended up getting the TP stage 1 map. It really is so much better than Cobb. I didn't get a chance to open it up yet. I will data log soon to make sure everything is good. I just wanted ask you if you felt like you had to push the throttle down more after the flash?

Scoobs-

No comparison right? And you haven't even had a chance to open it up yet.. just wait. You will rarely ever have to downshift to get power when you punch the gas. Like driving on the freeway in 5th and wanting some extra acceleration, in stock you probably wouldve downshifted. You wont have to do that with TP. Try to keep it conservative while Eric dials you in. Do the logs for Eric and hopefully he won't have to do many revisions. In regards to the throttle I actually feel its more responsive but anytime you flash to a diff map you will notice a difference thats probably all it is. Overall responsiveness changes with stock, cobb, TP. You'll get used to it. Whenever I bring mine into the dealer for service I unmarry the AP and you can really tell the huge difference between stock, I will never go back.... permanately that is. In stock it takes forever(it seems) for the turbo to kick in then where the TP map its more smooth. It seems strange driving stock anytime I unmarry it.

WOW! Huge difference. When the turbo kicks in, **** gets real lol. Great improvement over Cobb. I think this is the most important and first mod anyone should do. Still have to do a data log.

Stock.... Stage1............................................ ......Stage2

Stage 1 is nothing

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by STiDriven View Post
    Stock.... Stage1............................................ ......Stage2

Stage 1 is nothing
    Stage 2 is nothing.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Finally did a data log. I sent it to Eric last night and waiting for a reply. Here is the link. Let me know what you guys think.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...1E&usp=sharing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12