Dealers lie! No... really! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Dealers lie! No... really! within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Strange. My wife and I just bought a 13 WRX here in Georgia and I checked their incoming 14 inventory. ...

Strange. My wife and I just bought a 13 WRX here in Georgia and I checked their incoming 14 inventory. Most of them were sedans but of the 4 dealerships here everyone got at least 2-3 hatches coming in.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I did a test drive in a '14 hatch last week

Dammit,

Forgive me for this, but what about a Charger or 300 AWD? You can get a Hemi V8, AWD, auto, etc.
    I can agree with you on the G37x. I've recently picked up a G37x coupe. Even with 4K knocked off the sticker it was well over 40K. However, I leased it since I only drive about 10-11k miles / year.

It sounds like you live in Walla Walla. I'm in the Tri-Cities and just finished up navigating the frustrating WRX situation in the Pacific Northwest, trading in my 2012 convertible Camaro 2SS/RS for a 2014 WRX Limited hatchback in Bellevue last weekend. Autotrader.com was very helpful. The Tri-Cities Subaru dealer (McCurley's) has no new WRX's in stock or in the pipeline. I reached a deal with them on 9/30 for a factory order but when I went to the dealership to place the order, the cutoff had passed a couple hours earlier (they told me 8 PM, apparently not realizing the cut-off was EST). I couldn't get enough out of my trade at Lithia Subaru of Oregon City, and I believe they sold their only hatch, sight unseen, to a guy in Idaho last Saturday. I was supposed to spend the weekend in Chelan, and made it to Wenatchee last Friday, but Saturday morning I decided to just go to the Seattle area with a list of 4 cars I knew were in inventory and see what kind of deal I could pull off. I drove back to the Tri-Cities to drop off my wife and her car and take my Camaro to Seattle.

As I passed North Bend, the Renton dealership I had planned to go to first called me to say they'd just sold both cars I was interested in (premium and limited hatches) within the last hour. I then called Carter Subaru in Shoreline and they'd also sold their only car that afternoon. I plugged Chaplin's Subaru (Bellevue) into my GPS and stopped there. Sure enough, they'd also sold their only '14 hatch that day, or so it seemed. It turned out they'd just gotten another one in (black limited hatch with STS) that had been through pre-inspection but not even been cleaned up and put on their sales lot yet. I grabbed the keys and took it out for a spin, and while I was gone a couple from Wenatchee showed up specifically to buy a WRX (the same one that had sold earlier in the day). My negotiating position was pretty compromised at this point, so I didn't get a great deal. I paid $500 under MSRP and but gave back $500 on my trade (kinda expected that...a convertible muscle car doesn't attract much attention in Seattle in October ). When all was said and done, I did a lot of driving but got the car I wanted, and while I'd have preferred dark grey or silver to black for "keeping clean" purposes, I'm happy. Check autotrader.com. Last I checked, Eastside Subaru (Kirkland) had a dark grey limited with nav in stock, and I think **** Hannah in Portland has one or two as well. Carter Subaru may also have one or two limiteds with nav, and I think one of the Spokane dealerships has a half dozen or so base models in their pipeline. If you're willing to move up to an STI, you could almost certainly buy a 2014 hatch in Seattle this weekend, as several dealerships have those in stock.

Also, I'm only a few years younger and slightly smaller than you, and I was pretty well set on the WRX hatch, as I couldn't think of a real competitor for a sporty AWD hatch with a modest price and nice resale value. An EVO would have been an option if I had any interest in sedans (I don't), but that's about it. I don't know much about the 3.6R Outback, but it would seem to offer the same basic concept, just with a bit more size and a bit less sport. The Audi's are nice but overpriced, difficult to maintain, and lose their resale value. Volvo's were out of my price range, and I don't really have any interest in the various Japanese crossovers.

car salesmen lie?!?!?!

--Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Quote Originally Posted by JaySin View Post
    Dammit,

Forgive me for this, but what about a Charger or 300 AWD? You can get a Hemi V8, AWD, auto, etc.
    I can agree with you on the G37x. I've recently picked up a G37x coupe. Even with 4K knocked off the sticker it was well over 40K. However, I leased it since I only drive about 10-11k miles / year.
    Heh. I lost one of those in a divorce. It was a cool car, I guess though I got bored with it. Also, it didn't seem to matter how I drove it, never did better than 20 MPG.

livendive,

At this point I don't really have reason to believe the car I put a deposit on won't show as promised. Well, no reason other than the well-earned reputations of dealers as maybe people who aren't always so honest.

There's a dealer in Post Falls that continues to advertise a base hatch in silver. I was going to do biz there but I've had enough silver cars for, I don't know... EVER. If the other doesn't work and those guys still have it, I may go there.

I work at Subaru Santa Cruz in service dept. I just bought a new 14 WRX hatchback 2 weeks ago. They are out already, but it is true Subaru just stopped all orders on all 14 WRX/STI models last week.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SantaCruzSuabru View Post
    I work at Subaru Santa Cruz in service dept. I just bought a new 14 WRX hatchback 2 weeks ago. They are out already, but it is true Subaru just stopped all orders on all 14 WRX/STI models last week.
    So, you mean to tell us that Subaru is not planning on making any 2014 WRX/STi actually in 2014? As is this car will be completely sold out before the end of December? I call
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

Quote Originally Posted by DemonWRX View Post
    So, you mean to tell us that Subaru is not planning on making any 2014 WRX/STi actually in 2014? As is this car will be completely sold out before the end of December? I call
    I knew it: every year the new models for actually next year are coming out sooner than last year. Some-when some-one WILL HAVE to jump a year. Seems we have gotten there....
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Quote Originally Posted by DemonWRX View Post
    Thats cool, you can call BS, but call any Subaru Dealer, and ask them to order a 14 wrx/sti, they will all tell you NO.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SantaCruzSuabru
    Thats cool, you can call BS, but call any Subaru Dealer, and ask them to order a 14 wrx/sti, they will all tell you NO.
    I just called three dealerships in my area, and they all told me to stop in this evening or tomorrow to place my order.

2013 WRX/STI is no longer available for order, but 2014 is no problem.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Just went into my sales dept. 2014 wrx/sti are not available for order. They could do a dealer trade to try and get you one, but a custom order is no longer possible. dont have to believe me, I just work at the dealer.

The cutoff was 9/30 at 8 pm. My local dealer placed an order that afternoon, and it was that evening when they tried to place my order that we learned the deadline was eastern time. He called the regional Subaru rep to see if there was a way to squeeze one more under the wire, and the next day that guy emailed us to say he'd had no luck. My dealer also had nothing to entice another dealer to send him one of their last WRXs, so I had to go elsewhere. I've talked to and/or been to at least a half dozen Subaru dealerships since then and all said the same thing. Last weekend existing inventory was flying off the lots. I ended up buying mine ('14 hatch) before it even made it out to the sales lot and another couple was waiting to buy it if I didn't.

UPDATE: dealer just called saying the car came in. It's like a week early. I'm truly shocked.

Taking a road trip tomorrow morning to pick it up.

My faith is (sort of) restored.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast