Dealers lie! No... really! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Dealers lie! No... really! within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; A Benz CLA is the other option for you? Honestly, it sounds like you're not quite sure what you want, ...

I Support ClubWRX
    A Benz CLA is the other option for you? Honestly, it sounds like you're not quite sure what you want, here. A [Front-wheel-drive, automatic-only, with slant towards luxury] vehicle is quite a different thing than what the WRX is offering. Why those two cars, if you don't mind my asking?
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    A Benz CLA is the other option for you? Honestly, it sounds like you're not quite sure what you want, here. A [Front-wheel-drive, automatic-only, with slant towards luxury] vehicle is quite a different thing than what the WRX is offering. Why those two cars, if you don't mind my asking?
    I'd really rather not have to deal with a manual. I'll be spending a fair amount of time driving in a large metro area both on busy surface streets along with choked freeways. Manuals are horrible there.

For ~30K, what other sporty AWD options are there? Forget Audi - horrible maintenance costs and awful resale. That leaves me w/ FWD which opens a ton of doors. I drove a Focus ST and was completely unimpressed. MazdaSpeed 3 was quicker but essentially the same car in my eyes. Veloster Turbo is available w/ an auto but it just didn't seem well put-together and, honestly, not appropriate for a 6'4", 250 lb 51 year-old dude (yeah, I'm a little snotty).

When M-B initally announced the CLA we'd considered it for my wife. At the time we had an S600 which she loved but didn't trust (sumbitch broke often). We decided any German purchase had to be with warranty (new or CPO) but didn't want to spend a ton. Plus, she liked the idea of FWD for slick-road days. One boring day we dropped into the dealer, she saw and drove the E350 Cab and was hooked. Didn't get FWD or cheap but, oh well. For my part, the CLA 45 got my attention. 50K seemed like a bunch but during martini-addled musings, I could see myself doing that.

A couple of weeks back I was driving around and saw my first CLA on a test drive. It was way better looking than I expected so I decided to drop into the dealership. When I got there the car I'd seen was sitting up front. It had, among other things, the sport package. I was still thinking AMG but got talked into a test drive. What I expected and what I experienced were very different - I was impressed. Was it a rocket? No. It was, however, plenty quick and sporty along with having enough comfort and solidity. And who could ever argue with the estimated 38 highway MPG? Equipped the way I want, the CLA would be about 38K out the door but that would include a kick-ass sound system and Distronic (cruise control that uses radar to keep you a set distance behind the car in front of you no matter what they do). We had Distronic on the S600 and I absolutely love it. In any case, for my needs I still prefer the WRX for the AWD, price, speed and resale. A 100K mile, turbo'd Benz won't be worth snot when the time comes to move on. Still, I really did like it...

I agree that the two cars a completely different. If you consider my wants/needs against what's available for the money I'm willing to spend, my choices might make more sense. I am, however, always willing to hear about options. I typically keep up with what's out there but maybe I've missed something.

I Support ClubWRX
    dammit, Don't buy a WRX. It is not what you are looking for. It is clear from your explanation above that you really only want a WRX for the resale value, but would be happier with something else....something on the other end of the scale completely.

You put the WRX and MazdaSpeed3 as 'basically the same car' when the only thing they share is the 4 door hatch configuration. The ride, driving experiance, and mechanics are completely different.

You are worried how you, and older gent, would look in a young person's car (Veloster), so you will not really be comfortable being seen in a WRX.

What you are basically wanting is something comfortable (luxury) and quiet (luxury) that will drive itself (auto trans and Distronic cruise) that preferably has AWD and a high resale value and good milage.

What you are describing seems (to me atleast) to only be filled by one brand, Infiniti. The G37, Q50, Q60, and M37 all fit the bill except the milage which is about 18-25 for all those models. They also have a Q50 hybrid that gets 28-35 mpg while retaining AWD.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks for the well-considered response!
    Yeah, we're wired differently on it, but that's what makes the world go 'round! I'm nearly 47, myself, but my criteria for car selection are all about the driving dynamics of the vehicle. (hence my recent choice of a new BRZ, and my continued ownership of a somewhat-modified WRX) Between those two cars, I get my fix for surgical handling, and for over-powered AWD fun. What others think of me driving the cars is amusing, but not a factor. Life's too short to buy cars to satisfy other people.

At any rate, whatever puts a smile on your face, satisfies your needs, and complies with your budget is obviously the way to go! No one can make that call for you, right?

My experience with RWD Benz has been good...they're great cars for someone, just not my idea of an enthusiast car. And I won't give up my manual for my personal fun cars. Traffic be damned..I'll deal with it, so that I don't fall asleep when I get to the fun roads. I haven't driven a CLA yet, so I'll withhold judgment. (but I rarely like FWD cars, with respect to handling)
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Quote Originally Posted by DemonWRX View Post
    dammit, Don't buy a WRX. It is not what you are looking for. It is clear from your explanation above that you really only want a WRX for the resale value, but would be happier with something else....something on the other end of the scale completely.
    What about my actual quote " I still prefer the WRX for the AWD, price, speed and resale" made you think all the WRX has for me is resale? You missed the first three.

You put the WRX and MazdaSpeed3 as 'basically the same car' when the only thing they share is the 4 door hatch configuration. The ride, driving experiance, and mechanics are completely different.
    Again, you misread what I wrote which was: "I drove a Focus ST and was completely unimpressed. MazdaSpeed 3 was quicker but essentially the same car". I equated the Ford w/ the Mazda.

You are worried how you, and older gent, would look in a young person's car (Veloster), so you will not really be comfortable being seen in a WRX.
    Worried? No, not the right word. I'd feel dumb. That car is about the way it looks and very little else. As for the WRX, anyone who knows anything about this car understands it's more about what it can do than how it looks which, by the way, I like. Not five years ago I bought an Evo.

What you are basically wanting is something comfortable (luxury) and quiet (luxury) that will drive itself (auto trans and Distronic cruise) that preferably has AWD and a high resale value and good milage.
    Who wouldn't? If I could stomach the price, I'd order the 45 and, from everything I've read, have the best of both cars.

What you are describing seems (to me atleast) to only be filled by one brand, Infiniti. The G37, Q50, Q60, and M37 all fit the bill except the milage which is about 18-25 for all those models. They also have a Q50 hybrid that gets 28-35 mpg while retaining AWD.
    Ever looked at what any of those cars you listed go for? I feel like you barely even read what I posted.

My experience with RWD Benz has been good...they're great cars for someone, just not my idea of an enthusiast car. And I won't give up my manual for my personal fun cars. Traffic be damned..I'll deal with it, so that I don't fall asleep when I get to the fun roads. I haven't driven a CLA yet, so I'll withhold judgment. (but I rarely like FWD cars, with respect to handling)
    Although I pretty much buy only enthusiast-type cars, I've never raced so my idea of handling is probably different than, say, an auto-crosser. Give me something that corners flat, doesn't have cowl-shake, is solid over road imperfections and I'm happy. I hated my Z06 (C6) because it just didn't have the well put-together feeling of any BMW or Benz I've driven. I've a couple of 911s and a 930 which, by most opinions, are scary handlers. As someone who seldom, if ever, goes beyond 7/10s, it was never an issue. I'd love another one.

As for the manual, there's still fun to be had w/ a good dual-clutch auto, especially when it has 8 cogs.

I Support ClubWRX
    I do not think I misread or misunderstood you (except on the MS3 comment), I think we are just not grasping what the other is saying. Please know that my comment was not ment as any sort of personal attack or judgement, only that from your post it seems like you would not be happy with the WRX. We have had a few members before that bought a WRX loving it till they took posession, then spending 3 months solid complaining about how much of a POS it was cause it doesn't do this or that (things that were never in the design spec to begin with), or the low milage.

Quote Originally Posted by dammit View Post
    What about my actual quote " I still prefer the WRX for the AWD, price, speed and resale" made you think all the WRX has for me is resale? You missed the first three.
    AWD is available in many cars from many makes. While Subaru's specific brand of AWD is semi unique, the general feature is available from other makes so I disreguarded this as a pulling point. Same goes for speed. The price and the resale get lumped into the same catigory for me, cause what you are basically saying is 'how much will the car cost to own for X years', not 'how much does this car cost to be mine forever'. This is a pulling point for the WRX. There are very few cars you can purchase for 25K, drive for 3 years, then sell for 20K.

Again, you misread what I wrote which was: "I drove a Focus ST and was completely unimpressed. MazdaSpeed 3 was quicker but essentially the same car". I equated the Ford w/ the Mazda.
    Yes, this I miss read. I took this as a comparison between the WRX and Focus ST and a separate comparison between the WRX and the MS3. When read as two comparisons to the WRX rather than one comparrison between two Fords, you can see where I got that wrong. Sorry bout that.

Worried? No, not the right word. I'd feel dumb. That car is about the way it looks and very little else. As for the WRX, anyone who knows anything about this car understands it's more about what it can do than how it looks which, by the way, I like. Not five years ago I bought an Evo.
    What you said was that it was "not appropriate for a 6'4", 250 lb 51 year-old dude". You did not state that you did not fit in the car, or that you fit but it was not comfortable for someone of your size, so size and weight are extra info not valid to the equation, making that 'not appropriate for a 51 year-old dude', hence my comment. You did not state you did not feel comformable in the car or that it is a 'chicks car', or anything about the car itself other that it being "not appropriate" for someone of your age. You also did not give a full history of your cars, so I had no way to know you bought an Evo 5 years back.

Who wouldn't? If I could stomach the price, I'd order the 45 and, from everything I've read, have the best of both cars.
    Me.

Sure, I would rather have a comfortable car than an uncomfortable car, but not one so comfortable that you loose the tactile feedback from the road. I love driving, feeling the road throgh the seat and the wheel. Luxury suspension, steering, and seating removes all of this. If I were to buy a Merc, BMW, or any other lux line, I would have to change out the suspension and steering within a few months of buying, and likely get a less cushy driver's seat.

Quiet is also no for me. Sure, I would love to reduce road noise from the tires, and the whine from the transmission, but I like hearing and feeling the engine, and love the exhaust note. I spend a good 60% of my year with the radio off just listening to the sounds of my car, it is music to my ears. With the windows up it is plenty quiet enough to carry on casual conversation, but you still hear the rumble. With the exception of a few of the AMGs, no luxury car provides this.

If I have my way, I will never own another automatic as long as I live. It is like driving a vampire that is slowly sucking your soul out through your arse. I don't care if yuo stick me in 4 hour bumber to bumber LA traffic twice daily, give me a manual.

And auto-braking cruise control, I find useless as it is just another way for the public in general to stop paying attention to the road. The only time I have used my cruise control is when on a long drive and needing to flex my left ankle for abotu 30 seconds, then it goes right back off. Jumping on the highway, setting cruis control, then taking your feet away from the pedals is a recipe for disaster. And using cruise on surface streets, ya need to slap the driver.

Resale value is a nice perk, but not a pulling point for me. When I buy a car, I plan on keeping it for a rather long time. The only thing the resale value tells me is that the car will last longer that its competition.

Milage is the last thing I look at. Sure, I would love to get 40mpg or more, but not at the cost of performance. With exception of cars like the Corvette which goes from a V8 under load to a 4cyl when cruising via advanced engine management you are not loging to find performance and economy in the same box at any sort of affordable price. Hybrids add too much weight to be sporty, and gasoline is too inefficient at sport levels to provide good milage. Do I like paying $50 a tank, and filling up atleast once a week, no. Would I be willing to drive a Prius to only spend $20 a month on gas, kill me first.

Ever looked at what any of those cars you listed go for? I feel like you barely even read what I posted.
    Yes. Have you? You state that you are willing to pay $38K for a FWD Merc with resale values that are not that impressive, but a $35K G37x with AWD and decent resale or a $41K Q50 with AWD and good resale is too high?

Yes, the Q60 ($48K) and M37 ($55K) are higher, but I listed those as off-sets of the CLA 45....sure, not the AMG power, but likely to have better resale.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

AWD is available in many cars from many makes. While Subaru's specific brand of AWD is semi unique, the general feature is available from other makes so I disreguarded this as a pulling point.
    At that price point? With that performance? Name 'em.

Same goes for speed. The price and the resale get lumped into the same catigory for me, cause what you are basically saying is 'how much will the car cost to own for X years', not 'how much does this car cost to be mine forever'. This is a pulling point for the WRX. There are very few cars you can purchase for 25K, drive for 3 years, then sell for 20K.
    Again, name another car with the speed of a WRX for that money. Don't say a Mustang V-6 (which isn't a good comparison anyway as it pretty much owns a WRX in any test of speed except 0 - 80) - it wouldn't do "snowy pass" duty. As for the last sentence, it's apparent we agree.

What you said was that it was "not appropriate for a 6'4", 250 lb 51 year-old dude". You did not state that you did not fit in the car, or that you fit but it was not comfortable for someone of your size, so size and weight are extra info not valid to the equation, making that 'not appropriate for a 51 year-old dude', hence my comment. You did not state you did not feel comformable in the car or that it is a 'chicks car', or anything about the car itself other that it being "not appropriate" for someone of your age. You also did not give a full history of your cars, so I had no way to know you bought an Evo 5 years back.
    My self-description where the Veloster was concerned wasn't about fitting - I fit fine. Picture a big, 'ol Harley rider on a moped and you'll understand what I meant. Also, as an enthusiast I assumed anyone with an opinion on the Veloster has, at least, driven one. Slow, tinny rattletrap. At least the one I drove was. My drive in the WRX didn't give anything close to that impression. Not crazy about the rubbery shifter but the one I'm "getting" has a short-throw.

Since you mention age, what is yours?

Sure, I would rather have a comfortable car than an uncomfortable car, but not one so comfortable that you loose the tactile feedback from the road. I love driving, feeling the road throgh the seat and the wheel. Luxury suspension, steering, and seating removes all of this. If I were to buy a Merc, BMW, or any other lux line, I would have to change out the suspension and steering within a few months of buying, and likely get a less cushy driver's seat.
    I'm curious which BMW, Benz or even Audi you've recently driven. I'm getting the impression you think comfort and performance are mutually exclusive. Although there aren't a bunch of Benzs that are hard-core performance oriented, I'd say Audi's S and RS cars and BMWs M cars definitely are.

Quiet is also no for me. Sure, I would love to reduce road noise from the tires, and the whine from the transmission, but I like hearing and feeling the engine, and love the exhaust note. I spend a good 60% of my year with the radio off just listening to the sounds of my car, it is music to my ears. With the windows up it is plenty quiet enough to carry on casual conversation, but you still hear the rumble. With the exception of a few of the AMGs, no luxury car provides this.
    Although I don't agree with you that only a few AMGs rumble (my brother's 650 sounds incredible), I do agree that I like to hear a sweet exhaust, especially one blowing thru a turbo. And until you've heard Kenne Bell supercharger scream, you haven't lived. Honestly, that damn near gives me wood everytime I nail it. I wonder, though, if you had to drive your car 1000 miles a week, most of which are freeway, if you might not like a break from the cacophony.

If I have my way, I will never own another automatic as long as I live. It is like driving a vampire that is slowly sucking your soul out through your arse. I don't care if yuo stick me in 4 hour bumber to bumber LA traffic twice daily, give me a manual.
    I used to say the same thing and I lived it. I used to commute 1.5 hours each way in stop & go traffic in a 1st Gen ZR-1. Same with the Evo and a ton of other cars I've had. Do it enough and it gets really old.

How much of that type of driving have you had to do in your WRX?

And auto-braking cruise control, I find useless as it is just another way for the public in general to stop paying attention to the road. The only time I have used my cruise control is when on a long drive and needing to flex my left ankle for abotu 30 seconds, then it goes right back off. Jumping on the highway, setting cruis control, then taking your feet away from the pedals is a recipe for disaster. And using cruise on surface streets, ya need to slap the driver.
    Using cruise control is a "recipe for disaster"? Do tell.

Yeah - cruise control on surface streets is stupid. Do people really do that? As for Distronic, in busy-ish freeway traffic that's running hear the speed limit, it's the greatest thing ever. Honestly, if I didn't have that how could I text, fiddle witht the stereo and nurse my beer?

Resale value is a nice perk, but not a pulling point for me. When I buy a car, I plan on keeping it for a rather long time. The only thing the resale value tells me is that the car will last longer that its competition.
    I seldom keep any car more than two years. As an enthusiast I don't know how anyone could. We're in the best time in history where car guys are concerned and I want to sample everything I can afford. If I could own 50 cars at a time, I would. Besides, it's not like I can't find another (whatever car I sold).

Milage is the last thing I look at. Sure, I would love to get 40mpg or more, but not at the cost of performance. With exception of cars like the Corvette which goes from a V8 under load to a 4cyl when cruising via advanced engine management you are not loging to find performance and economy in the same box at any sort of affordable price. Hybrids add too much weight to be sporty, and gasoline is too inefficient at sport levels to provide good milage. Do I like paying $50 a tank, and filling up atleast once a week, no. Would I be willing to drive a Prius to only spend $20 a month on gas, kill me first.
    If wanted just MPG I'd get a Cruze diesel. I wanted the fastest, I'd get a GTR or that 700 WHP Evo advertised in Spokane. If I wanted the most comfortable I'd get a Caddy. If I wanted the cheapest, I'd tell my wife to pound sand and drive the F-150 EcoBoost 4x4 already sitting in my driveway. This is about the car that has the most of all the traits that matter to me, the most important of which is "fun".

Yes. Have you? You state that you are willing to pay $38K for a FWD Merc with resale values that are not that impressive, but a $35K G37x with AWD and decent resale or a $41K Q50 with AWD and good resale is too high?
    If you can find a G37x Coupe for 35K out the door (9% tax), I'll take it. Gladly. A dealership 170 miles from me has a '13 for ONLY 48K! Where are you getting your prices? Also, the Infiniti wouldn't have Distronic or Lane Departure, no matter how much a guy is willing to pay.

Also, don't forget that my first choice is the WRX. The only reason I'd go another direction is if the dealership plays me.

Lastly, I suggest you drive a CLA, properly optioned (sport package, at least - 32.5K MSRP) then tell us what you think. With all due respect, how much can you know about a car you've never driven?
    Last edited by dammit; 10-06-2013 at 04:19 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    dammit,

Again, I was not trying to be judgmental or accusatory. I read through your posting right after waking up today and it just came across as a posting similar to a few short term members we have had that were all psyched for their WRX, then started poo-pooing it within a week of ownership cause their mustang was better at this, that, or the other....or cause they bought and took it off roading and the bumper cracked, or what ever reason.

You started mentioning MB and the futuristic luxury featurs that you love, and I know will never be in a WRX. I just wanted to head off any more of the massive buyer's remorse threads. They paint the brand/model in an ill faded light when would-be new buyers start researching on the web.

Many on here know how cool the older Foresters are. I have a coworker that her mother gave her a 27 month old Forester, free and clear with no payments needed, after she had a kid. The coworker came from a mid to late 90's Hyundai Elantra to a 2008 Cobalt that was a lemon, to the 2008 Forester which was gifted, which most would considder a step up. After about 5 days ownership she spent the next 4 months bashing the 'Fisher Price' interior till she was able to get her husband to drive that, and bought herself a 2012 Hayundai Sonota V6.

Now, I am not saying you are that dumb, I just wanted to make sure you saw the forrest through the trees, so to speak.

Most of us on here also don't have the means to trade up every year or two. Most that buy new are likely to keep them till they are paid off unless either somethign hapens (to the car, or in life), or unless we get a great offer to trade for something else we have wanted.

At that price point? With that performance? Name 'em.

Again, name another car with the speed of a WRX for that money. Don't say a Mustang V-6 (which isn't a good comparison anyway as it pretty much owns a WRX in any test of speed except 0 - 80) - it wouldn't do "snowy pass" duty. As for the last sentence, it's apparent we agree.
    No, you are not likely to find many AWD performance oriented cars in the 25K price bracket. Though, I was not really sure what you were going for as you listed in a single post a car of $25K (the base WRX, never specified which trim you were looking at) which has 2.5L turbo boxer providing good performance, a $38K speced out car with a far less powerful turbo 2.0L at about the same weight (though the MB site lists the fwd and awd as the same weight, which can't be right), and a $50K+ track prepped version of the same $38K car. In the roughly $30K range from base WRX to what the CLA45 will cost out the door there are a lot of AWD cars and a lot of performance levels.

My self-description where the Veloster was concerned wasn't about fitting - I fit fine. Picture a big, 'ol Harley rider on a moped and you'll understand what I meant. Also, as an enthusiast I assumed anyone with an opinion on the Veloster has, at least, driven one. Slow, tinny rattletrap. At least the one I drove was. My drive in the WRX didn't give anything close to that impression. Not crazy about the rubbery shifter but the one I'm "getting" has a short-throw.

Since you mention age, what is yours?
    I was by no means trying to talk up the veloster....I think they are funny looking....not Nissan Juke funny, but funny all the same.

The rubbery shifter is an easy fix with a $60 bushing kit. Many of us complain about the same thing, lol.

I am 33

I'm curious which BMW, Benz or even Audi you've recently driven. I'm getting the impression you think comfort and performance are mutually exclusive. Although there aren't a bunch of Benzs that are hard-core performance oriented, I'd say Audi's S and RS cars and BMWs M cars definitely are.
    The last one I drove was a 01 or 02 C class though I don't remember the exact model. I have recently (in the last 2 or so years) ridden in 540i, 740iL (both unknown specific year, but they were recent), 2010 325i coupe, an 09 S600. There are not many RS or M cars around here, and most that drive them are douchey, so it is not likely that I would get to ride in one. While they do feel good and planted (think oposite of a 90's caddy) they don't seem to have that certain 'becauseracecar' raw feeling. I like being able to feel the road. I used to go out just to test drive cars....haven't had the time to do that in years, but even if I did, most local dealers would not let the higher end cars be test driven without a deposit of some sort to show you were serious about buying one....they are just that way, sadly.

Although I don't agree with you that only a few AMGs rumble (my brother's 650 sounds incredible), I do agree that I like to hear a sweet exhaust, especially one blowing thru a turbo. And until you've heard Kenne Bell supercharger scream, you haven't lived. Honestly, that damn near gives me wood everytime I nail it. I wonder, though, if you had to drive your car 1000 miles a week, most of which are freeway, if you might not like a break from the cacophony.
    I think I said that wrong....most of the AMGs sound nice and performance-y....I meant of the performance luxury segment at a whole, only the few that are AMG rumble. The stock exhaust on the M cars is rather quiet. As is the Audi S series stock exhaust. I guess the CTSV is also a throaty rumber, forgot abotu that one.

It all depends on the level of sound for how tolerent I would be. True, I wouldn't be able to handle 1000 miles a week of a 3/4 race cammed classic bigblock V8 with glasspacks, but the current WRX setup I am running I would have no issues with at all.

How much of that type of driving have you had to do in your WRX?
    Sadly, as of late, 150 miles or so a week, mostly city. In the last year my life situation has become complicated and I am either at work, sleeping, or spending maybe 3 hours a day either in the process of waking up and gettign ready for work, or in the process of winding down and getting ready for bed.

When I first got my WRX it was closer to 700 miles a week, 50% or so winding back roads, 30% highway, and the rest city.

Using cruise control is a "recipe for disaster"? Do tell.

Yeah - cruise control on surface streets is stupid. Do people really do that? As for Distronic, in busy-ish freeway traffic that's running hear the speed limit, it's the greatest thing ever. Honestly, if I didn't have that how could I text, fiddle witht the stereo and nurse my beer?
    Cruise control, like automatic transmissions, removes the driver from operating the vehicle. When you have an auto you no longer have to think at any level what gear you have it in, you just have a 'go' and a 'stop' petal. With cruise control you press a button then try not to steer straight at anything. There is no way that you can tell me in your years of driving, as automatics and cruise control have become standard features that American drivers have gotten better at driving or paying attention at what is going on. They have gotten worse. In Europe where driving tests are taken seriously, and interestingly most cars are manual, their drivers are more attentive.

I will add the caveat that I personally have not been to Europe, that is just what I have read and been told by people I trust that have spent considerable time over there.

I see convenience features like 1 touch windows as great, but features like 1 blink blinkers as useless, and automatic trannies as "should never exist in normal consumer cars, inventor needs shot" as they dumb down the driving public by making it too easy.

If you can find a G37x Coupe for 35K out the door (9% tax), I'll take it. Gladly. A dealership 170 miles from me has a '13 for ONLY 48K! Where are you getting your prices? Also, the Infiniti wouldn't have Distronic or Lane Departure, no matter how much a guy is willing to pay.
    I was looking at the G37x sedan, not coupe (the other cars you listed were 4door). The base price on those is about 34K, the coupe is like 42K. That also depends on where you are looking. For example, the Spokane area you are looking at like 38K while that same car in Yakima is only 34K

I did not realiz till just now that the G series does not inclue those added features....they start at the Q50 level. The Q50 has the same thing, though slight different name and implementation:
    Blind Spot Warning (BSW) and Blind Spot Intervention® (BSI®) Systems,
    Predictive Forward Collision Warning (PFCW)
    Forward Emergency Braking (FEB)
    Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Lane Departure Prevention (LDP) Systems with Active Lane Control

Let us go ahead and end this banter back and forth arguing of brand x and brand y cars.

When I got up this morning all I saw was 'some guy' who wants a WRX, but thinks the dealer might be lying to him about delivery date, so entertaining the idea of a MB....no details on car history, age, experiance buying, ect. I took what little info I had and came to the wrong conclusion about you dammit, and for that I am sorry. I figured you were some random guy that was comparing apples to oranges, who if he bought the apple would be upset there was no orange juice. I see clearer now what you are looking for, and hope the WRX search pans out for you.
    Last edited by DemonWRX; 10-06-2013 at 07:31 PM.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

What i find funny about this thread, is every time demon addresses the OP by his username "dammit" he sounds pissed.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    TL;DR. I'm more interested, if the OP is in fact from Yakima, if Miner Burger is still there.

Demon, no issues. I'm a car guy and would prefer a WRX. If I can't have that, CLA will do.

Drews, I'm from 140 miles east of Yakima. I can, however, happily report Miners is still there and making the biggest burger known to man. In fact, my weekly commute takes me within 1/2 mile of that shrine. Beautiful!

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Drews, I'm from 140 miles east of Yakima. I can, however, happily report Miners is still there and making the biggest burger known to man. In fact, my weekly commute takes me within 1/2 mile of that shrine. Beautiful!
    Best post in this thread.

I Support ClubWRX
    You guys are great. Debate without the personal hate. Will it happen again? It's all up to fate.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I Support ClubWRX
    You guys are great. Debate without the personal hate. Will it happen again? It's all up to fate.
    Oh no...Ray has started to rhyme
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.