I just can't have anything nice - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on I just can't have anything nice within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; EDIT: Eh, double post....

EDIT: Eh, double post.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I do take quick pics with my phone if I notice a douchey parking job near my vehicle. If they just barely squeezed in front or behind me, or parked really close....I either move my car immediately or take multiple pics of the issue. Obviously this is not for court, but if there's damage that matches and I ever see that car again and match plates, I'll be ready for an out of court confrontation and settlement.

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by degobah77 View Post
    I do take quick pics with my phone if I notice a douchey parking job near my vehicle. If they just barely squeezed in front or behind me, or parked really close....I either move my car immediately or take multiple pics of the issue. Obviously this is not for court, but if there's damage that matches and I ever see that car again and match plates, I'll be ready for an out of court confrontation and settlement.
    Yes, that's a great way to handle everything. Let's just go around intimidating our way through life. You'll make it far.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

When does being vigilant and aware of my property and my surroundings turn into intimidation? I'm not gonna just run up to someone and start a damn fight. I'll probably never see the car again anyway, it's more for peace of mind.
    Last edited by degobah77; 10-04-2013 at 09:18 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    When does being vigilant and aware of my property and my surroundings turn into intimidation? I'm not gonna just run up to someone and start a damn fight. I'll probably never see the car again anyway, it's more for peace of mind.
    Gee, how could I have possibly mistaken what you meant to say? Not like that approach would net you anything anyway. Have fun paying your collision deductible to get your car fixed.

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I meant that I would be prepared if need be, I wasn't trying to say I'm gonna drive around, looking to start a bunch of **** and be a total *******. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

But do understand this, if I know for a fact that the person hit me and drove off, and if I felt positive enough about the evidence, marks, paint color, etc, and I DID see that person again, possibly in the act of hitting someone else, rest assured I would not just sit there and watch. There would be a polite attempt to confront or at least protect someone else from the same fate.

FYI, my use of the word "confrontation" isn't supposed to have a negative connotation.
    Last edited by degobah77; 10-04-2013 at 09:50 AM.

lol it's not a thing. I guess I just came off like I was some kind of delusional bad ass who is gonna go around intimidating money out of unsuspecting victims. Which is just plain stupid, because I'm actually not delusional

I just shoot whoever parks close to me. That way I know they won't do anything to my car when I'm in the store.
    Last edited by kritzell; 10-04-2013 at 10:26 AM.

I park so far away that my gf gets pissed. The one time I let up on it, I came back to a door ding.

Someone was talking about installing cameras in their car, lol. After my car was recently broken into, I thought about that too. Easy to over think these minor hassles when you're still furious about it happening to you...

I Support ClubWRX
    One day, years ago, it occurred to me that, on a long enough timeline, my cars are going to become beaten-up pieces of crap, no matter what I do. I just don't spend nearly the energy fretting over it, as I did when I was 25-years-old..just too many more important things to focus on. If it looks good from 40 feet away, then whatever.

All that said, I'm still at the "mint condition" stage with the BRZ, at 3000 miles and nearly 4 months. I'm waiting for that "Event" that signifies the end of it being really "new", any more, whether it's being keyed, dinged, or whatever. I do try to park it in ways that keep it away from the careless, when possible. I thought perhaps it had happened last weekend, when my 9-year-old niece dragged her stuff out of the trunk, with no lifting, just scraping everything over the rear bumper, but I don't see scratches...so still waiting.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

East Taut'in, Massachusetts, United States
    One of those dash cams that everyone in Russia now has would be a good investment.
    Kartboy STS, related shifter/linkage bushings, Whiteline subframe bushing inserts, Whiteline rear differential bushing inserts, Whiteline steering rack bushings, Grimmspeed MCB, Group N tranny mount, TiC tranny cross member bushings, gimmick turbro inlet pipe, Ingen intake, PW-clone TMIC, Turbrosmart BPV, Megan catless DP, Tsudo N1 exhaust... X-wing dangly and dashboard Buddy Christ (for lulz)

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Yes, that's a great way to handle everything. Let's just go around intimidating our way through life. You'll make it far.
    How would you handle a situation where damage was done to your beloved car? You knew who did the damage, but had no way to prove it.

Getting back on topic... Had it wet sanded and compounded today... Looks awesome..like it never happened! https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-u...005_134531.jpg

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RichD514 View Post
    Getting back on topic... Had it wet sanded and compounded today... Looks awesome..like it never happened! https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-u...005_134531.jpg
    Looks good, what did it end up costing you?

Quote Originally Posted by olenderc View Post
    How would you handle a situation where damage was done to your beloved car? You knew who did the damage, but had no way to prove it.
    Have you not read any of my other posts? I don't give a crap about what happens to my car. It's just a car and easily repaired or replaced. To answer your question, I'd call my insurance company and file a claim. It shouldn't be considered an "at fault" accident and your premium wont change. If you're smart, you have a low deductible and carry rental coverage on your policy so you wont be without a vehicle in a situation like this when your car goes in for repairs. To put it in perspective for all you guys who think this is the end of the world, my truck was hit in a parking lot not too long ago. Someone dragged their car down the passenger side scraping the fender and denting the doors. I simply filed a claim and got my truck fixed. I didn't get upset about it and it most certainly wasn't a big deal. It cost me my $150 duductible to get the entire side of my truck fixed. It's a car, get over it. If you're THAT worried about your car, leave it parked in the garage with stantions and velvet ropes around it and buy a beater to drive instead.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast