I just can't have anything nice - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 71

This is a discussion on I just can't have anything nice within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; damn dude that's messed up...I hope you catch them. I had a similar experience once. I was at work and ...

  1. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    CDA Idaho
    Posts
    24
    damn dude that's messed up...I hope you catch them.
    I had a similar experience once. I was at work and my rex was parked in the back of the parking lot next to no one. I come out after work and there are scratches all over my trunk!! Still pisses me off to this day...

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #32
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phoenix Arizona
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by pwnster View Post
    damn dude that's messed up...I hope you catch them.
    I had a similar experience once. I was at work and my rex was parked in the back of the parking lot next to no one. I come out after work and there are scratches all over my trunk!! Still pisses me off to this day...
    I just noticed a bunch of key marks on mine too. Seriously it really makes me mad. I don't do anything to deserve a coward being angry at me. Not that it's justified but it's only a 25k car. WTF?

  4. #33
    Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Davey Jones Locker
    Posts
    8,495
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by itiswhatitisnt View Post
    Since you say it was probably the car next to you. Maybe for future reference (this is what I do) take a picture of the car with the license plate you are parked by. If for any reason, you have proof now or you can find them again later. May seem silly however having info is better then having nothing.
    This proves absolutely nothing more than someone parked next to you. Good luck in court and God bless!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS


    Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

    Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

  5. #34
    Registered User STiDriven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    501
    Quote Originally Posted by RichD514 View Post
    bah bah
    [CSI Clubwrx]
    99.9999% sure it is intentional ---> see how the scratch continues over the seam in the hood. If is was an accident the scratch would not have continued like that. It is two swipes - one to the seam, then one continuing from the seam to the end (with what looks like effort to line up one continuous scratch).

    It is was an accident, it don't see how it could continue across the hood like that. i.e. a purse would 'bounce' a bit up and there would be a gap between the scratch. Somebody had to apply pressure (and a lot) across the entire hood while the scratch occurred.[/end CSI Clubwrx]

  6. #35
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    14
    yep first week i had mine after i came back out from the store some one with a white care hit the front right side of my car. im assuming its white cause there is white pain all over the front right side of the bumoer

  7. #36
    Damned Malcontent shamankjm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    East Taut'in, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    677
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    This proves absolutely nothing more than someone parked next to you. Good luck in court and God bless!
    it proves a whole lot more if there are remnants of the same paint color on the damaged car... god bless
    Kartboy STS, related shifter/linkage bushings, Whiteline subframe bushing inserts, Whiteline rear differential bushing inserts, Whiteline steering rack bushings, Grimmspeed MCB, Group N tranny mount, TiC tranny cross member bushings, gimmick turbro inlet pipe, Ingen intake, PW-clone TMIC, Turbrosmart BPV, Megan catless DP, Tsudo N1 exhaust... X-wing dangly and dashboard Buddy Christ (for lulz)

  8. #37
    Registered User Mammal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Southern Vermont
    Posts
    182
    sorry my dude that crap upsets me. my fathers plasma blue wrx was keyed this past weekend and had a quote of of $3000 in damage. theres some jealous pieces of trash in this world and unfortunately they have to be low enough to do something like that. I just wish I had the opportunity to key their face!

  9. #38
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    43
    wow man im sorry to hear that.

    that looks like a key mark.

    Not sure what else could cause that type of scratch ? Maybe a knife ?

    wow..... that is rediculous man. I hope you get it fixed.

    Were there surveillance cameras in the parking lot ??

  10. #39
    Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Davey Jones Locker
    Posts
    8,495
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by shamankjm View Post
    it proves a whole lot more if there are remnants of the same paint color on the damaged car... god bless
    In the OP's case, have you ever seen another car do this type of damage to the hood? I sure as hell don't see any paint transfer. Even if it there was, and it was a hit and run, good luck.

    Edit: First, if it was a hit a run, there would be no police report because parking lots are considered private property. Second, good luck determining liability, because with only pictures of the car parked next to you it still proves nothing. Good luck and God bless!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mammal View Post
    sorry my dude that crap upsets me. my fathers plasma blue wrx was keyed this past weekend and had a quote of of $3000 in damage. theres some jealous pieces of trash in this world and unfortunately they have to be low enough to do something like that. I just wish I had the opportunity to key their face!
    Yes, I'm sure people keying cars stems entirely from jealousy and not because people are just idiots. Nope, can't be.
    Last edited by Drews; 10-03-2013 at 04:20 PM.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS


    Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

    Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

  11. #40
    and the Funky Bunch Calvinball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philly Area
    Posts
    5,925
    I think people in this thread are over estimating the type of force that is required to make a mark like that on Subaru paint. Trust me, it doesn't need to be someone gouging at it with a key.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

  12. #41
    Registered User itiswhatitisnt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    This proves absolutely nothing more than someone parked next to you. Good luck in court and God bless!
    Proves absolutely nothing said the Police officer? SMH

    So no info/evidence is better then nothing huh? Lets say he found evidence on camera where the incident happened and let say the person did the scratch his Subie on purpose... That info you took a picture of, all of sudden is worth GOLD! Thinking twice can help save a scratch.

    God Bless your car

  13. #42
    Registered User Ingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    1,110
    Here's what to do: make it look OLD! Kinda like what they do in the movies, call it camouflage if you want. Then nobody is going to mess with it, you still get to enjoy it...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

  14. #43
    Registered User Formula156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    168
    I saw this on tv yesterday called a scratchdini it spouse to be getting rid of all kinds of scratches for $10 only you can look at scratchdini.com let us of know if you do this. ( worth to try ).

  15. #44
    Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Davey Jones Locker
    Posts
    8,495
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by itiswhatitisnt View Post
    Proves absolutely nothing said the Police officer? SMH

    So no info/evidence is better then nothing huh? Lets say he found evidence on camera where the incident happened and let say the person did the scratch his Subie on purpose... That info you took a picture of, all of sudden is worth GOLD! Thinking twice can help save a scratch.

    God Bless your car
    No it can't. Especially in the OP's case with a scratch on the hood, ANYONE could have done that. Even IF the police came and wrote a report, it's one sided. It's not objective and therefore it can't be used in determination of liability. The claimant has the police report written after the (hopefully) insured left the scene, so the other insurance company can't use that in their argument. Basically without video evidence or a witness or two, your precious phone pics mean jack. Your best defense against stuff like this is to have a low collision deductible. Welcome to how insurance works.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS


    Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

    Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

  16. #45
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    70
    Yeah, license plate doesnt give you anything, unless you saw the guy do it and hop into the vehicle or something, and even then you would have to have other eye-witness accounts to be taken seriously.

    If you're serious about these pesky key-scratch loons, maybe you could install some cameras in the car that point to the exterior, or better yet you could install some defense system to where when the metal key touches the metal body it sends 200volts into the fingers of the offender, or maybe shoots flames out from under the car, catching the guy's pants on fire. Or you could modify your car alarm, instead of making a beeping noise it would scream "HEY HEY LOOKIE HERE WE HAVE OURSELVES A DOUCHE, HEY HEY COME BEAT HIS AS-"

    Haha, of course I am merely joking around here...mostly...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •