I just can't have anything nice - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 71

This is a discussion on I just can't have anything nice within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; No go on the cameras .. Called and spoke to the manager. There aren't any cameras pointed at the parking ...

  1. #16
    Registered User RichD514's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Medford, New York, United States
    Posts
    923
    No go on the cameras .. Called and spoke to the manager. There aren't any cameras pointed at the parking lot.
    Doubt it would have done any good though. Even if there were, i was parked far away, so id just get to see some ass hat scratching up my car

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Registered User 13WRXlimited's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Central, New York
    Posts
    124
    That really sucks. I cringe every time I see women with huge bags that have huge metal things all over them. They walk past cars as close as they can get and rub up against them. As someone else said if the car you are going to park next to looks like the person doesn't take care of it find another spot. I do my best to not park next to anyone for that exact reason.

  4. #18
    Registered User WS6roars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    117
    Dude that sucks.

    I just noticed scratches on the upper "window pillar" of my drivers's side door. Like someone with a metal watch band opened the door quick and let the door drag across their wrist. It's at that exact spot. Maybe it was the local dealership after they forget to put my inspection sticker on the windshield and they had to run out there in the pouring rain...
    2013 WRX Premium Hatch DGM

  5. #19
    Registered User RichD514's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Medford, New York, United States
    Posts
    923
    So, i took my car to a body shop today. The guy there said he could probably get it out with just wet sanding for about $100. If i want to have it painted it would be about $450.
    Thoughts and opinions please!
    I'm thinking about trying the wet sanding/touch-up first. Repainting worries me because from what i understand, black pearl isn't easy to blend/match.
    Our maybe i should just go with a carbon fiber hood. Hmmmm...

  6. #20
    Moderator   Sasquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeastern PA
    Posts
    31,189
    I Support ClubWRX
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

  7. #21
    Registered User RichD514's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Medford, New York, United States
    Posts
    923
    ^ ouch! That sucks. No incidents after that?

  8. #22
    Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Davey Jones Locker
    Posts
    8,583
    I Support ClubWRX
    Honestly, it wouldn't be the scratch that would make me mad. It's the fact that someone is that much of a jackass to either do it on purpose, or not own up to it if it was accidental. That scratch is far to large for you to not notice if you did it by accident.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS


    Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

    Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

  9. #23
    Moderator   Sasquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeastern PA
    Posts
    31,189
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RichD514 View Post
    ^ ouch! That sucks. No incidents after that?
    Think there was one more shortly after. Nothing since that time. Fairly certain it was a kid across the street who was of "that age" and was under house arrest for some time for an unknown reason. Guess the a hole was bored or jealous or whatever. The windshield hits looked to have been a BB gun, so he didn't even have to leave his house.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

  10. #24
    Registered User tirerob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    bug-eyeing in the Bakken
    Posts
    1,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Honestly, it wouldn't be the scratch that would make me mad. It's the fact that someone is that much of a jackass to either do it on purpose, or not own up to it if it was accidental. That scratch is far to large for you to not notice if you did it by accident.
    truf.
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

    Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

  11. #25
    Registered User RichD514's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Medford, New York, United States
    Posts
    923
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Honestly, it wouldn't be the scratch that would make me mad. It's the fact that someone is that much of a jackass to either do it on purpose, or not own up to it if it was accidental. That scratch is far to large for you to not notice if you did it by accident.
    that's what really got to me.. i DONT know if it was intentional, or accidental.. but assuming it was intentional, id rather have a note from the scumbag explaining why. i wasn't speeding through a parking lot, i wasn't parked in 2 spots. i was simply out with my wife and girls getting some school clothes for the lil brats. please.. explain to me why you scratched up my car. do you just hate black subies? was it just a random act of jackhattery? did i not signal 100 ft before turning into the parking lot? if it was accidental, i understand.. you're just a coward who cant put on your "big boy pants" and own up to an accident.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Think there was one more shortly after. Nothing since that time. Fairly certain it was a kid across the street who was of "that age" and was under house arrest for some time for an unknown reason. Guess the a hole was bored or jealous or whatever. The windshield hits looked to have been a BB gun, so he didn't even have to leave his house.
    rotten kids



    any opinions on wet sanding vs. re-painting? my detailing experience is pretty much limited to washing, clay baring and waxing, so any input would be appreciated.

  12. #26
    MAINEiac 11blackSTi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Land of the Port. ME
    Posts
    2,827
    I Support ClubWRX
    Sucks man. If given the two options, I would get it repainted rather than wet sanding. The paint is already cheap and will chip all to hell eventually if you don't have a clear bra, which will mean you will need it repainted eventually anyway (to avoid it rusting out). At least you would know that your hood has a good thick quality paint job on it.

  13. #27
    Pro Manscaper Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    20,985
    On another note...to save $810 at Kohls...HOW MUCH DID YOU BUY FOR YOUR GIRLS???? That's a LOT of stuff
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

  14. #28
    Registered User RichD514's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Medford, New York, United States
    Posts
    923
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    On another note...to save $810 at Kohls...HOW MUCH DID YOU BUY FOR YOUR GIRLS???? That's a LOT of stuff
    A LOT! 5 year old daughter doubled in height pretty much over night, so she needed an entire new wardrobe. My 2 year old needed some new stuff.. There's only so many hand-me-downs that one should have to be stuck with. My wife needed to update her work wardrobe. I got a t-shirt. Everything store wide was marked down, we also had a 30% entire purchase + another 15% entire purchase coupon and another coupon..but i don't remember what it was for.

  15. #29
    Registered User itiswhatitisnt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    282
    Damn sorry for your car.

    Since you say it was probably the car next to you. Maybe for future reference (this is what I do) take a picture of the car with the license plate you are parked by. If for any reason, you have proof now or you can find them again later. May seem silly however having info is better then having nothing.

    Or park somewhere in a corner where no one else is around... Although I do my best to park only in corner spots where ever I go with my Subie, many folks still park next to me although there was 10 spaces they could of had parked in as well. SMDH! That I hate more then anything...Like a pet peeve mang!
    Last edited by itiswhatitisnt; 10-03-2013 at 04:51 PM.

  16. #30
    Pro Manscaper Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    20,985
    Quote Originally Posted by RichD514 View Post
    A LOT! 5 year old daughter doubled in height pretty much over night, so she needed an entire new wardrobe. My 2 year old needed some new stuff.. There's only so many hand-me-downs that one should have to be stuck with. My wife needed to update her work wardrobe. I got a t-shirt. Everything store wide was marked down, we also had a 30% entire purchase + another 15% entire purchase coupon and another coupon..but i don't remember what it was for.
    Ahhh the growing kids...understandable. I'm no father yet, but certainly understand that. I'm watching my nephew grow up fast!

    And you got your Tshirt...woot!

    You cannot go wrong with Kohls.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •