I cant be the only one? Can I?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on I cant be the only one? Can I? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys. So I had this idea pop into my head today... I was at a car show about a ...

Registered User ClosetSubyLover's Avatar

I cant be the only one? Can I?

Hey guys. So I had this idea pop into my head today... I was at a car show about a week ago that was show casing the Euro and Asian side of things. I remember passing by an STi and noticed you could see the lettering that had been painted on the intercooler through the hood scoop.

Since I dont have an STi and didnt want to be a "wanna-be" and waste a lot of money to aquire an STi intercooler, I took it to the next step and did my own version and was just wandering what people thought....

I ended up photo shopping a WRX logo from google images and enlarged each letter and created a stencil. Some slight over-spray occurred but I guess you cant see it all that much in the picture.

**Anyone else ever think of this and go through with it???**

Edit: Looking at the picture now uploaded the R looks so F'ed up lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 076.jpg  
    Last edited by ClosetSubyLover; 09-27-2013 at 08:58 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Do you think regular paint like that would decrease the efficiency of the intercooler?

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    I've seen that a couple times on NASIOC, except it was done in black paint.

And the stencil wont do anything to the intercooler efficiency. Not to mention Perrin makes an intercooler painted entirely black, and some manufacturers send stencils which allow you the option to spray the logo or leave it plain, mishimoto and spearco do this with some of their products I believe.
    Last edited by wreckingball man; 09-27-2013 at 09:21 PM.

Moderator BigSkyWRX has one similar, its cool none the less! i panted mine black and polished the rear tank. just cause
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

I think it looks good. Makes it unique and stand out.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    I think you did the right thing. I saw some guys rip another guy on a forum somewhere. He wanted to paint "apexi" on an intercooler. And I've seen other people who own Evos and DSM's put fake logos on their intercoolers and it looks bad because it's advertising something it's not. I like that you did "WRX" and not something else and making it something it isn't. I think it looks good

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.