Impreza or Genesis Coupe2.0t ? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Impreza or Genesis Coupe2.0t ? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Haha I'm sorry, not literally artificial water. Like there's no beach here, so we only have lake and I'm not ...

Haha I'm sorry, not literally artificial water. Like there's no beach here, so we only have lake and I'm not really sure some of our lake here are just made by these people not from nature. So I call it Artificial

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

When I bought my WRX I had it narrowed down to the WRX and the Gen Coupe as well. I was leaning heavily towards the Gen Coupe because I think they look soo sexy but after driving them both my opinion totally changed! To me the WRX was far more comfortable and quicker, maybe not as nice on the inside but the comfort outweighed the looks. The other factor is the winters here in the NW, I live at close to 1000feet elevation and we get snow quite a bit so the WRX was the clear winner for practicality. I doubt any of this helps you but just my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by x3cerwin View Post
    Thank you so much for that offer! But I'm from arizona, but I really do appreciate what you've just said. Thank you sir!!!
    What area of Arizona? I am in Tempe. If you want to see a 2013 sedan up close feel free to pm me. Or just go for a test drive.

As far as durability goes, both cars are turbo so you will have the same heat risks with either car so that's not really a factor.
    My last car was an FR-S(BR-Z) and being NA was a big plus when I bought it but in the end I just missed the raw power of FI in a 4 cylinder.

I recommend the WRX of course if you want an awesome all purpose car that you can take up north to camp in Flagstaff or anywhere else in AZ or snowboarding at Snowball, or all sorts of things.
    Last edited by Cenpho; 09-24-2013 at 04:36 AM.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    i drove the 2.0T GC and hated it. it felt cheap, slow, interior was plasticy. the only thing i liked was the shifter which was short and precise. (this was the 1st generation, IDK if they have improved since then)

as everyone else has said, it's impossible to make a decision without even driving the cars in question. you might drive them and not be impressed with either choice.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    i drove the 2.0T GC and hated it. it felt cheap, slow, interior was plasticy. the only thing i liked was the shifter which was short and precise. (this was the 1st generation, IDK if they have improved since then)

as everyone else has said, it's impossible to make a decision without even driving the cars in question. you might drive them and not be impressed with either choice.
    They have been drastically improved. The first gen 2.0t was pretty shameful, a civic si could out run them in a straight line. They gave it direct injection and bumped power up from 210hp to 274hp, also better fuel economy.
    '11 WRX DGM

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    So much THIS^^
    You haven't driven either car? That should be job #1. Unless you're Ford, then quality is job #1.
    I didn't think of the BRZ as a contender 'til a good friend let me drive his FR-S with gusto through my favorite curves. Done. I have a hard time believing that the Gen coupe could be that nimble.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

A coworker of mine is in the same position, debating between the WRX and the GC. His girlfriend has the FRS and she loves it but it is indeed small and slow. He test drove the GC last weekend and was not impressed. I'm about to let him drive my '13 WRX and I think that will seal the deal. He currently drives an '08 Lexus IS250 so he's in for a pleasant surprise moving to an AWD turbo.

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Do you enjoy long walks on the beach?
    ROFL

If I lived in Arizona I'd just buy a Mustang

Thank you so much for your thoughts guys. Ill try considering all of them and come up with a decision soon! But as of now based from all of your comments, WRX is my number 1 choice in mind! btw How much is the average price of WRX Impreza Sedan? Just asking so when I go to the dealer I'd have an idea
    Last edited by x3cerwin; 09-24-2013 at 01:16 PM.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Ray I'd love to go through your corners with gusto
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Oh you are? Im from Gilbert! And thats what I realized, I think the Subaru is more useful in the long run.
    So maybe Im going for it. Since going to a trip can never be prevented! thank you so much! Anyway I have one more question, do you have any idea where you can upgrade your car here in arizona. Like a shop where you can buy those intake, exhaust etc in a good price and where they could install it as well???

You could always get a BRZ, slap a supercharger on it and walk all over both the genny and WRX lol

I owned a highly modded 2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0T for 4 years (May 2009 - May 2013).
    It was a great car and very fun to drive but I always missed driving a Subaru (had a '97 and '06 Impreza in the past).

I've since sold my Genesis and picked up a barely used 2011 WRX Sedan and loving it. In the summer the RWD of the Genesis is fun but driving it in the winter can be a bit scary at time.

If you have any specific questions between the two I'll try my best to answer them.
    2011 Subaru Impreza WRX (Plasma Blue Pearl)

Quote Originally Posted by x3cerwin View Post
    Thank you so much for your thoughts guys. Ill try considering all of them and come up with a decision soon! But as of now based from all of your comments, WRX is my number 1 choice in mind! btw How much is the average price of WRX Impreza Sedan? Just asking so when I go to the dealer I'd have an idea
    Depends on a lot. Are you thinking base, limited, premium? What options do you want? Prices are different in different areas too, I got my base model for under 25k, some people in other areas of the country don't seem to be able to do any better than just over 26k.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast