Impreza or Genesis Coupe2.0t ? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Impreza or Genesis Coupe2.0t ? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; If I were in your shoes I would probably lean towards the GC because it's RWD. Not saying the WRX ...

I Support ClubWRX
    If I were in your shoes I would probably lean towards the GC because it's RWD. Not saying the WRX isn't fun to drive, just that RWD is "easier" to have fun in lol.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Oh really? I'll consider your suggestion. Anyway, Based from the looks "FOR YOU" Which one would you prefer? The GC or WRX?? and Is GC durable and is there any issues in the long run??

I Support ClubWRX
    Two very different cars. It really depends on wha you like and value so it's hard for somebody else to say.

Most people would probably prefer the looks of the genesis coupe over the wrx. And the comfort for that matter. But you really need to drive them both to appreciate the differences. IMHO the wrx is more fun to drive and the GC is more comfy.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    I bought a WRX so I think my choice is clear lol.

I've never driven a GC though. I wanted a WRX since they came out in 2002 so I didn't even look at other cars when I bought mine honestly.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Honestly, if I didn't want awd and a hatch, I would have had a 2.0t rspec gen coupe. They are very good looking cars that have just the right amount of fun and dd ability. They have ample power and are fun to drive, but the shifter is sort of clunky, but not nearly the worst I've ever driven. The aftermarket has gotten pretty big too, so there is also that.

So, if you want a quick versatile car, go wrx all the way. If you want something that is quick and simply for fun, get the gen coupe. Either or you'll probably be happy.
    '11 WRX DGM

With all of your opinions, overall I'm much more confused. I think for you guys they're both awesome. For me, I started liking subaru, because it looks durable and also the style is kinda like old school but it still has that appeal (Well to me) and for the GC, Frankly it looks awesome and the turbo and everything. But is it really dependable in the long run because for the Subaru I'm pretty sure it will be. But how about the GC? For me they're both looking sexy, I know the coupe has more powerful appeal when it comes to exterior. But that's not the only thing I'm considering.

I'm sorry for my detailed feelings regarding this matter

Both should be pretty reliable, now both manufacturers fall below the industry average of ~128 (closer to zero is better), they are not far from each other. Subaru at ~132 and Hyundai at about ~141.

I have owned/own 2 Hyundai/KIA and they have and are both pretty reliable with no serious repair required. The KIA had no serious issues at all, just lots of little ones like rattles, weird a/c noises, and the motor at idle just sounds "unrefined," but so do most kia/hyundai. The other is a Hyundai veloster, and that one has been a bit more troublesome. The a/c quite working on low, the blue tooth sucks (as do most oem >.<), and the tires that came stock lasted a whole 20k miles, but I think my girlfriend had something to do with their short life. Though the majority of repairs were covered under warranty.

My WRX is my first Subaru, and has been ok, because the clutch needed replaced rather early and I had a very small power steering leak. The clutch I am going to blame on the previous owner, and they should last without issue as long as you don't beat it ruthlessly. The power steering leak is the only thing I would call manufacturer related, but over the 6 months that it leaked, I had to add a 1/4 bottle of fluid. Both were fixed under warranty.

So, mechanically I think they both will hold up well, but maybe some silly issues will occur. That is why warranties exist, so either or really. Just drive them both and decided if you want rwd or awd.
    '11 WRX DGM

^that.

if i remember reading when the Genesis came out they used two engines that had a great service history. the v6 version came out of their big suv(name escapes me atm) and the four has been around for while too, just tuned for turbo and pointed to the rear tires instead of the front. should be a reliable driver eithor way. that said, i have montana snow to deal with so ill be keeping my wrx that i sold my camaro for. winter is nuffin but more fun now instead of ' i wonder if ill make it to work today?'

although i miss drifting a bunch.....i can drive to a ski resort without zanex. haha
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

Quote Originally Posted by tirerob View Post
    ^that.

if i remember reading when the Genesis came out they used two engines that had a great service history. the v6 version came out of their big suv(name escapes me atm) and the four has been around for while too, just tuned for turbo and pointed to the rear tires instead of the front. should be a reliable driver eithor way. that said, i have montana snow to deal with so ill be keeping my wrx that i sold my camaro for. winter is nuffin but more fun now instead of ' i wonder if ill make it to work today?'

although i miss drifting a bunch.....i can drive to a ski resort without zanex. haha

The 3.6 is out of the Santa Fae and Sonata, but all hopped up with direct injection and what not. The 2.0t is a form of the world motor used by dodge, KIA, Hyundai and Mitsubishi (namely the evolution).
    '11 WRX DGM

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwrxp View Post
    The 3.6 is out of the Santa Fae and Sonata, but all hopped up with direct injection and what not. The 2.0t is a form of the world motor used by dodge, KIA, Hyundai and Mitsubishi (namely the evolution).
    3.6? What Genesis Coupe are you buying?!
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by x3cerwin View Post
    There's no beach here in Phoenix. So I think even If I do want to have long walks on the beach, I won't be able to. Hmmm
    There is a huge beach in Phoenix, there just isn't any water.

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Do you enjoy long walks on the beach?
    Bahahaha! +1

Hello Guys,
    I'm new here and I just want to ask a tight question! (well for me)

By next month, I'll be getting my new car! Just sharing. So these are my choices FRS/BRZ, Impreza WRX (not the STi) and Genesis Coupe 2.0t.
    But my main choices are GC and Impreza not really FRS/BRZ since its really small and slow but it looks good I admit.

So which one should I get and why? between these 2? Lately I've been digging through impreza's informations. Since they both got Turbos and They are about at the same price and horses, I'm really confused. But as of now, I'm so convinced in getting subaru. Please help me decide!!!

Comments/Opinions will be deeply appreciated!
    OP,

Congrats on getting a new car. This is an exciting time for you! I think I can relate to your proposition. Initially, for about a year, the Genesis Coupe was my "dream car" that I was saving money towards. I test drove the 3.8 track edition and fell in love with the power and sporty handling of the car. I absolutely HATED HATED HATED the interior of the car. Even with the leather and most expensive options, it just felt really cheap inside with the aluminum finishings (and cheap plastic of the dash/doors). It reminded me a lot of my first car ('96 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder). But I didn't care and thought this was the car for me. I also had this picture as my screen saver for over a year.... obsessed, I know:

http://www.topgearrules.org/wp-conte...esis-BLack.jpg

And then the BRZ was released. My personal opinion? If you want RWD, don't care about having a roof rack or a safe car for car seats/little kids, I think the BRZ is a more attractive car versus the Genesis. Let's face it. It's damn sexy.

So back to my story.... a year ago I moved to Colorado and had a bad first experience with driving in snow. I bought a 2013 WRX without ever test driving one.

And then I lived happily, ever after. The End.

Hahahaha! I loved your story and I think the ending is quite amazing. I'm so convinced in getting WRX too. I just thought that in the long run, a sedan is more useful than a Coupe and I find WRX sexy. So I want to get the same ending as yours. WRX!

HAHAHAHAHA, Actually there is, artificial water and not a beach though. Just a lake...

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    HAHAHAHAHA, Actually there is, artificial water and not a beach though. Just a lake...
    WTF is artificial water?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.