WRX Cold Cranking

This is a discussion on WRX Cold Cranking within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So the temps are starting to drop in the morning, mid/high 30's and I've noticed a little more cranking to ...

WRX Cold Cranking

So the temps are starting to drop in the morning, mid/high 30's and I've noticed a little more cranking to get the subie to turn over. Researching various post on this forum I assume this will increase as the temps drop further ??? My last car would turn over instantly except at below zero. To recap would you'll classify the WRX as a harder starting car in the cold climate ???? Thanks
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    As the temperature drops the battery cannot generate the same current. This ignores the fuel system otherwise but it's reasonably safe to do so since that's highly pressurized (fuel injection). Short answer is yes.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    As the temperature drops the battery cannot generate the same current. This ignores the fuel system otherwise but it's reasonably safe to do so since that's highly pressurized (fuel injection). Short answer is yes.
    Thanks. I've owned 8 cylinder/NA cars for the last 14 years. Which turn over instantly, key on in cold weather. Just learning the nuances of the WRX, cranks a it bit more then I expected to get goin.
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker