3rd brake light

This is a discussion on 3rd brake light within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I recent swapped my 2011 WRX trunk lid for a STI trunk lid so I'm now in need of a ...

3rd brake light

I recent swapped my 2011 WRX trunk lid for a STI trunk lid so I'm now in need of a 3rd brake light since the WRX only came with the one on the spoiler.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what I should get? The OEM one is about $100 so I was considering maybe something aftermarket like the following?

Universal Signal Brake Backup Tail Lamp 50 RED LED 3rd Brake Light 4 Functions | eBay

I wouldn't hook up the signals because thats ugly in my opinion but looks like a decent brake light.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

OEM will probably look the best, I'd stick with that (despite the higher cost) for aesthetic reasons.

I Support ClubWRX
    I have an LED bar and I like the look of it doesnt get in my way compared to the original. My windows also have 35% tint so it helps hide the hole. I have to cover the hole that the hole with Kydex. Ill post pics later.
    Last edited by cflip2x; 09-16-2013 at 01:09 PM.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    I have an LED bar and I like the look of it doesnt get in my way compared to the original. I have to cover the hole that the hole with Kydex. Ill post pics later.
    Thanks, I look forward to the pictures.

I bought this for $3 and will see how it works/looks. I think it looks more sleek then the OEM one. Its only $3 so if there is a problem its not a big deal and I'll buy the OEM one.

I Support ClubWRX
    The one i purchased was longer i think i spent 15-20. it looked as if it was a replacement. one so the back was not finished. I just followed the wires crimped a couple of ends and so far has worked fine. I do have to watch out when i load up my trunk but most of the time nothing has gotten in the way.

check my link in my sig for one picture with my trunk full of PC's
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    I need to recenter the light

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    I was also thinking about seeing if I can get an extra rear lower grill, open the holes black out the inside and put some brake light and or turn signals down there instead of paying for the JDM fog

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Thanks for the pics, looks pretty good.