TPMS Reset Trigger Activation Tool

This is a discussion on TPMS Reset Trigger Activation Tool within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Want to get a TPMS Reset Trigger Activation Tool. I have a 2013 WRX. Need some recommendations, there are some ...

TPMS Reset Trigger Activation Tool

Want to get a TPMS Reset Trigger Activation Tool. I have a 2013 WRX.

Need some recommendations, there are some listed on Amazon but I don't know if they are any good. What do you suggest.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Any tire shop will have them. They can reset them for you or give you a recommendation on the tool if you want your own.

I tried out my new snow tires on steel wheels the other day. First run the TPMS light didn't come on... Had lunch and went out again. Still nothing? Does it take longer than that to trigger? I have sensors installed but Tire Rack called me and said I would have to get them calibrated. Anyone have an explanation? FYI I have read that sometimes these reset tools don't work for some makes like Subaru. I have no idea this is my first vehicle with a TPMS.
    2013 Plasma Blue Pearl Impreza WRX Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by UAC-2145 View Post
    I tried out my new snow tires on steel wheels the other day. First run the TPMS light didn't come on... Had lunch and went out again. Still nothing? Does it take longer than that to trigger? I have sensors installed but Tire Rack called me and said I would have to get them calibrated. Anyone have an explanation? FYI I have read that sometimes these reset tools don't work for some makes like Subaru. I have no idea this is my first vehicle with a TPMS.
    I believe if you are using the same sensors from your previous setup then your vehicle will already recognize them since they were used before on that vehicle? Could be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by mugentheman215 View Post
    I believe if you are using the same sensors from your previous setup then your vehicle will already recognize them since they were used before on that vehicle? Could be wrong
    They are the same megahertz frequency but I've never had them calibrated before. The snow tires are new and the car is too. I'm thinking that I will get lucky and not have to calibrate them or its just a delayed reaction from the car's computer. But the ladder wouldn't make sense because the car is supposed to tell you fairly quickly when the tire pressure is low, I would think.
    2013 Plasma Blue Pearl Impreza WRX Sedan