Rebuilt kit
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Rebuilt kit within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I was wondering about a rubilt kit I have a 2007 2.5 Wrx boosted of course and well my ...

Rebuilt kit

So I was wondering about a rubilt kit I have a 2007 2.5 Wrx boosted of course and well my lifter blew and I was woundering what to do I found this can you guys help? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	227.5 KB 
ID:	115998

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Are you planning on rebuilding it your self? Your diagnosis of a "blown lifter" seems suspicious..

No I was thinking of taking it to jms in San Antonio so they can do it. And what do you mean?

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Exactly how do you know the lifter has "blown"?

The reason your diagnosis is suspect is because the WRX has solid lifters, how that would "blow" in any way, shape, or form, is beyond me.

Also, the rebuild kit you linked doesn't do anything for the valve train, it's a bottom end rebuild kit, including rods, pistons, bearings, gaskets, and head studs.

And FYI, if you have a 2007 WRX, you can save yourself some time and leave off the 2.5 and boosted parts. That all goes without saying, unless you've done some extensive engine work.
    Last edited by xxxxxxxAnub1s; 09-05-2013 at 08:16 PM.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Well I took it to Subaru they did a diagnostics and they said I had no compression in one of my pistons what so ever and they said that the lifter and piston is blown. I never got a sheet or a copy of anything from my diagnostic so idk I just wanna replace all my internals with out spending to much money what do you guys suggest I do?

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I think somebody was somewhat talking out of their ass, to be honest. There might be a burnt valve, or something on top of a bad piston, but I highly doubt there is something wrong with any of the lifters in the heads. If there really is no compression in one of the cylinders, though, the engine has to come out and come apart in order to see exactly what's wrong and what is needed to fix it.

If you want to get this done for the least amount possible, you should probably look into a used longblock. Rebuilding the engine is going to cost hundreds in labor alone, not to mention the cost of the parts, and machining. If you want a stock car, with stock power capabilites, just have the bad block swapped out with a known good used one. From the sounds of things, you won't be doing this work yourself, right?
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    You paid for a diagnosis yet never received anything in writing?!
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Pretty much what Anub1s already said. ej motors don't have traditional lifters, if you're getting no compression on a cylinder then the next step will either be to do a leak down test, or just pull the engine and remove the heads (since you already know you're going to have to). My money would be on a broken ring land, but it could be something else.. hard to know since you never listed mods or anything. If it is something in the head then that rebuild kit won't do you any good.

JMS can tear it down and investigate what parts are needed to fix it. I've been there once after hearing good things about them. My first impression was that they seem fairly professional, they work quickly, and generally seem to know what they're doing/talking about. I have heard rumors of some Subaru work they've botched in the past, but who knows how much truth there is to that.

You have options as to how much you want to upgrade while it's apart, and more often than not you're better off ordering parts individually rather than in a package deal.

I have not done anything to the car it is bone stock and well when my car start it just knocks real loud and it sounds like a raddel noise when I step on it and let off

I Support ClubWRX
    1. Find out what is wrong.
    2. Find out why what is wrong went wrong.
    3. Post back with details.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    1. Find out what is wrong.
    2. Find out why what is wrong went wrong.
    3. Post back with details.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.