Were you allowed to test drive your STi
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Were you allowed to test drive your STi within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; How many of you were actually allowed to test drive your STi before you bought it? I was not allowed, ...

Were you allowed to test drive your STi

How many of you were actually allowed to test drive your STi before you bought it?
    I was not allowed, and yet I have the car anyway, does that make me dumb?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes, I was
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    I test drove a used car. Was a PITA because the salesman kept calling me to buy the car. I eventually ordered from another dealer because of his pestering.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    If I were not allowed, I would go elsewhere. I test drove a WRX back in 2004 solo - no ride along.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I was able to drive multiple WRXs and STIs before purchase.
    Ray
    2013 WRX Limited ISM
    2003 WRX Wagon (sold)
    2013 BMW X5 Diesel

I test drove both of my STIs before I bought them. One a brand new STI Limited back in 2006 (07 MY), and a used 2005 before I bought it.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    I test drove my WRX before I bought it, and I had no problems test driving a brand new 2013 WRX even though I stated I comparison shopping. I didn't try to take an STI out though, since I wasn't seriously car shopping at the time.

I test drove 3 different Outbacks back-to-back and ended up buying one from another dealer. If sales staff won't allow honest test drives, then they don't want my business. That said, I'm certainly not abusive of the cars in any way, and while I always require a highway stretch as part of the test drive, I'm content to follow the sales guy's route.

I have found sales staff get a lot more helpful when they ask what I do for a living and they hear I'm an engineer. I'm curious what sort of responses I'd get if I said other jobs.

I wouldn't ever buy a car I wasn't allowed to drive first.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I Support ClubWRX
    Just don't buy it if they don't offer helpful service.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I went to the dealer in 02 and test drove the 2.5RS and WRX back to back. Bought a WRX about a month later. Then in 2004 when the STi came out I went back to the dealer to test drive it. They had no problem handing over the keys, even though I made it pretty clear I wasn't interested in buying, just wanted to see how the six speed felt.

Doesn't sound right to me. I've been able to test drive every vehicle I've bought. Did they just think you were going for a joy ride ???? When you came to the table that should have been a clue you were ready to buy. That being said ...are you happy ????
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

I was able to test drive my wrx with no issues but I know someone who bought an sti from the same dealership that would not allow him to test drive. Reason being (as per the dealership) if he didn't buy the car than they have a brand new used sti... And nobody wants a brand new used sti. I don't know if they had an actual used one for test drives or not.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx frog View Post
    I was able to test drive my wrx with no issues but I know someone who bought an sti from the same dealership that would not allow him to test drive. Reason being (as per the dealership) if he didn't buy the car than they have a brand new used sti... And nobody wants a brand new used sti. I don't know if they had an actual used one for test drives or not.

Sounds like a BS excuse.. the "brand new" cars they sell at dealerships usually have between 30 and 100 miles on them.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Sounds like a BS excuse.. the "brand new" cars they sell at dealerships usually have between 30 and 100 miles on them.
    Yeah, that's an awful excuse. These are Subarus, not McLarens...
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I'd never buy a car if I never had a chance to drive one beforehand.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by wrx frog View Post
    I actually had the EXACT same thing happen to me...on a '13 WRX, not even an STI! They said it was their "show car" and nobody wanted a brand new WRX with 30 or 40 miles on it, so they don't let anyone test drive it. Realiy? They probably saw a 24 year old "kid" and thought I was just screwing around and wasn't a serious buyer. Jokes on you; I drove an hour and a half south to buy my Rex from another dealer simply because I didn't want to give them my business from how they disregarded me as a customer. And the dealer I bought from was nothing short of outstanding.
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast