tp stage 1 1/4mile times 11-13 wrx - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on tp stage 1 1/4mile times 11-13 wrx within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by UAC-2145 Didn't they actually drag these cars in their test? Not that I'm disagreeing with you. Sometimes ...

Quote Originally Posted by UAC-2145 View Post
    Didn't they actually drag these cars in their test? Not that I'm disagreeing with you. Sometimes it comes down to driving skill too.
    Yeah they do, but a lot of the inconsistency comes with how they do it. Different days, different conditions, whether they truly launch the car or not...whether they launch the cars the same way. Sadly a lot of the tests are far from scientific, which should technically be the only way you can truly compare two items realistically.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What rpm are you guys shifting at with the 11-13 wrx's? It felt like 5.8-6k was the sweet spot.

I Support ClubWRX
    I enjoy the small adrenaline rush when I drag race.

I shift the split second before redline.

i ran a 13.6@98mph

cobb OTS stage 2 w/ cobb intake using launch control.
    but my numbers will be different than yours just based on location.

your in MA(according to your avatar) so you get nice cool weather, 93 octane and most importantly sea level air.

im in Las Vegas, so i get nice super hot 100 degree+ 2000' elevation thin air. and not only do i get 91 octane i get ACN 91 octane

i guess all im saying is your numbers may vary.......so ask away but dont take to heart other ppls times. elevation, gas quality, tune, air temp, track temp, vht prep, driver mod all factor in
    2013 wrx sedan(saving up for a 2015 STI)

Previous faist cars: '05 Mustang GT '02 RSX-S, '91 SR20 240sx, '85 300zx turbo

I saw your times and wondered. I ran 13.6 at 102 with a 11 that is stock except for a Catback. I've drag raced every car I've owned. I have a bracket car that I race on weekends in Norwalk Ohio.

Speaking of drag racing I got this out of an old barn.

Just a basic .030 over 306 Roller motor. Car runs 11.50's now at 122 MPH. It sure is fun.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	580449_513370625369024_1911246907_n.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	116085

That's awesome!

I really want a big ole V8 to play with one day...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by kritzell View Post
    I saw your times and wondered. I ran 13.6 at 102 with a 11 that is stock except for a Catback. I've drag raced every car I've owned. I have a bracket car that I race on weekends in Norwalk Ohio.
    yep, elevation and Nevada's 91 octane are killers. stage 2 i was running 3-4 psi less than what i could have been running on the east coast. take that plus the thinner hotter air and its a recipe for sad car enthusiasts and much slower times

my 05 mustang with full bolt ons couldnt break the mid 14's on street tires out here. granted this was on an unprepped track in 105 degree heat on 235 all season pirellis, but still. on the same tires i ran a 13.9 bone stock with the stang in FL when i lived there..........just for reference
    Last edited by EndlessSea; 09-11-2013 at 11:10 AM.
    2013 wrx sedan(saving up for a 2015 STI)

Previous faist cars: '05 Mustang GT '02 RSX-S, '91 SR20 240sx, '85 300zx turbo

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessSea View Post
    i ran a 13.6@98mph

cobb OTS stage 2 w/ cobb intake using launch control.
    but my numbers will be different than yours just based on location.

your in MA(according to your avatar) so you get nice cool weather, 93 octane and most importantly sea level air.

im in Las Vegas, so i get nice super hot 100 degree+ 2000' elevation thin air. and not only do i get 91 octane i get ACN 91 octane

i guess all im saying is your numbers may vary.......so ask away but dont take to heart other ppls times. elevation, gas quality, tune, air temp, track temp, vht prep, driver mod all factor in

Drag strip is located in new hampshire . It was about 60-65 deg out, perfect for awd turbo and the track is only 100-200ft above sea level. 93octane

You sure are a prick on this site, Zax.

He's a regular Snipity snap!!

Quote Originally Posted by SrCain View Post
    You should see him in real life

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SrCain
    Rules
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SrCain View Post
    At least he's not Canadian.

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Well played.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast