Anyone else running Whiteline Rear Diff Support Lock Bushings on their WRX?

This is a discussion on Anyone else running Whiteline Rear Diff Support Lock Bushings on their WRX? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I ordered these for my 03 WRX and they just arrived a couple days ago. Lately I've been reading some ...

Anyone else running Whiteline Rear Diff Support Lock Bushings on their WRX?

I ordered these for my 03 WRX and they just arrived a couple days ago. Lately I've been reading some bad reviews on them so I decided not to install them yet. Is anyone else running these on their WRX? Contemplating whether or not I should put them on my car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    What bad reviews?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    What bad reviews?
    Really bad vibrations at certain speeds was pretty much it. Just noise complaints on other forums about these bushings. Review might not of been the right word, my bad.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Subarufan123 View Post
    Really bad vibrations at certain speeds was pretty much it. Just noise complaints on other forums about these bushings. Review might not of been the right word, my bad.
    Are you referring to the rear subframe lockdown bolts or the rear diff stay bushings?

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Are you referring to the rear subframe lockdown bolts or the rear diff stay bushings?
    Bushings, the NVH is bad after installing them I guess.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Subarufan123 View Post
    Bushings, the NVH is bad after installing them I guess.
    You don't say? lol When you upgrade from soft rubber to poly bushings in the driveline that vibration goes somewhere. If you can live with NVH it wont be a problem. People make the mistake of buying a WRX and expecting a nice quiet ride. There is little to no sound deadening in the GD chassis as is, adding poly bushings make it worse. I don't know why you bought them unless you have all the other driveline mounts/bushings and plan on launching a lot.

You don't say? lol When you upgrade from soft rubber to poly bushings in the driveline that vibration goes somewhere. If you can live with NVH it wont be a problem. People make the mistake of buying a WRX and expecting a nice quiet ride. There is little to no sound deadening in the GD chassis as is, adding poly bushings make it worse. I don't know why you bought them unless you have all the other driveline mounts/bushings and plan on launching a lot.
    I got the wrx knowing it would be noisey, definitely didn't expect it to be quiet lol. Just wanted to know how much worse the vibration would get. I guess just to have them laying around, not in any rush to install them. I plan a head so I like buying things for it a head of time haha.