I'm starting to get discouraged

This is a discussion on I'm starting to get discouraged within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've had my car since May, this year. I had the car for a day, before I saw my front ...

I'm starting to get discouraged

I've had my car since May, this year. I had the car for a day, before I saw my front bumper damaged from my dealership unloading the car. Luckily I took a picture of the car on the lot the day I bought it, so the dealership couldn't argue the damage. My new car went into the shop and got body work. I loved the car, so I overlooked it.

A few weeks later I was driving home and I noticed my rearview mirror was really shaky. I went to adjust it and it broke off it's bracket. I disconnected the mirror and drove another 50 miles each way to the dealership to get my mirror put back on. I also reported a bad rattle in my passenger seat and badly wrinkled fabric on the passenger seat cover. The end result was that the rearview mirror was reattached, the fabric on the seat was 'tightened' somehow, and they couldn't find the rattle and didn't bother to call me. I pointed out the rattle to them in ten seconds and they said they would fix it upon my next visit.

A week later, my rearview mirror was already starting to come loose, again. In addition to that, my passenger seat metallic rattle was as bad as ever, the fabric was still wrinkled, and the stitching on my passenger seat was unraveling all over the seat. At this time, I was also having problems with my center console lid. The latch is so weak that the center console was having problems closing and it would also pop open during driving. Another 50 miles each way and NINE days later, and the car was fixed. The passenger seat cover had been replaced, the center console latch was replaced, the rattling lumbar support was tightened, and the set screws on my mirror were replaced.

All was good, until my wife and I left for our 12 hour road trip to SC the next day. The rearview mirror isn't loose on the mounting bracket anymore, but it shakes like Michael J Fox where the extension from the windshield bracket meets the actual mirror. The center console latch is also as pathetic as ever, and the lid popped up on us a good 20 times, during our trip home, and it requires being slammed shut in order to stay shut.

I've been a LONG time WRX fan and I was thrilled when I had saved enough cash to pay for the majority of my 13 WRX premium sedan. However, due to the experiences I've had, this is car is quickly making its way to becoming my first and last Subaru. I've been very understanding up until this point. I'm going to have to take the car back to the dealership a fourth time, now. That costs me an hour each way throughout the 50 miles of driving. I didn't even begin to explain the terrible dealership service I've had, which includes almost nonexistent communication and filthy loaner cars.

I'm really looking for some advice on how to handle the situation, outside of calling the service manager and bitching. I left a message on his voicemail, but he never called back. I also tried to talk to him at the dealership, but he wasn't in. That tells me he doesn't care. I've also learned that bitching over the phone to a manager seldom gets you anywhere, even when done politely and professionally. People just don't care.

Any suggestions? I was thinking about putting something in writing to Subaru of America, but I can't find any mailing or email addresses.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is the center console lid adjustable, ie can you loosen the screws on the hinge and reposition it better so it closes better?

- Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Write a letter to SOA. Ignore the suggested addresses in the manual and on their websites. Search corporate info for the highest ranking officials available. Copy all of them. Ask them to contact you with a solution.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    I agree on the suggestion to contact SOA. This is exactly the type of experience that they don't want people to have with their cars. Such easily fixed items driving a long time fan of subaru away is completely unacceptable. Sounds like you should look for another dealership to visit as well.

Find a different dealer. Little mechanical issues happen. Not a reason to hate a car...the center console lid on my 2012 doesn't close either, but I could care less about that. I didn't buy the car because it had a nice center console.

Have you thought about trying to diagnose some of the issues yourself and fix them yourself? I know I'm going to fix the console lid myself because that's not worth even the 10 minute trip to my local dealer, let alone 50 miles?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Magnets. .
    -Magnets?
    Yea bitch! Magnets!

(For the console lid)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Find a different dealer. Little mechanical issues happen. Not a reason to hate a car...the center console lid on my 2012 doesn't close either, but I could care less about that. I didn't buy the car because it had a nice center console.

Have you thought about trying to diagnose some of the issues yourself and fix them yourself? I know I'm going to fix the console lid myself because that's not worth even the 10 minute trip to my local dealer, let alone 50 miles?
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Magnets. .
    -Magnets?
    Yea bitch! Magnets!

(For the console lid)
    +2

Sounds like more reason to hate that dealership than the car.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I don't know how to fix it myself. I don't work well with things like that. That's why I bought a new car with a warranty. The rearview mirror also seems like it needs to be completely replaced, and the fabric on the passenger seat is still wrinkled. I'm going to try to find another dealership that will provide me with a loaner. A loaner is a necessity to me.

I doubt they'll give you a loaner if they're only doing an hour or two of work on the car... When I worked as a writer for mazda we had to do more then 6 hours of work for a loaner or for a rental car to be paid for...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Quote Originally Posted by ProZach626 View Post
    I don't know how to fix it myself. I don't work well with things like that. That's why I bought a new car with a warranty. The rearview mirror also seems like it needs to be completely replaced, and the fabric on the passenger seat is still wrinkled. I'm going to try to find another dealership that will provide me with a loaner. A loaner is a necessity to me.
    Well best of luck then...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Sell the Subaru and buy a Honda. You'll be happier.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I Support ClubWRX
    Honda engines are the best in the world but my Honda interior has its quirks also. Best to firmly albeit politely resolve any and all service issues or dealer reluctance. SOA.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.