Reliability

View Poll Results: How reliable is your WRX

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • My engine / transmission is fine, but I never applied a tune. I have over 60K on the odo.

12 24.00%
  • My engine / transmission is fine, I have a stage 1 or 2 tune and over 60 k on the odo.

14 28.00%
  • I have replaced the engine / transmission once and have left the factory tune in place.

0 0%
  • I have replaced the engine / transmission once and I am stage 1 or 2.

4 8.00%
  • I have replaced the engine more than once and have less than 100 K on the odo.

0 0%
  • Mileage unlisted never had any major issues:

17 34.00%
  • I love my WRX but something is always broke that always needs work.

4 8.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

This is a discussion on Reliability within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So i have been reading this forum for years. Get a good laugh every now and again when someone tries ...

Reliability

So i have been reading this forum for years. Get a good laugh every now and again when someone tries to teach their Suby to swim or attempts to turn their front bumper into an animal control detention center; but i cant help but wondering about reliability. As several people have said you have to pay to play, and man every time i drive a WRX it feels like it is worth every penny. But here is the poll at hand. How reliable has the WRX been for you. Now i know what you are going to say, and i have read several of the threads that go on and on about the reliability of the car and the small problems that they have. I'm not really interested in the small problems like a rogue blinker or continuous burnt out headlight. I am looking for major problems like engine / Tranny failure. My last several cars have only required fluid and brakes up to 100K, So i post this to the 2008 + group of WRX and STI's.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

38,000 miles. Perfect, not one single issue. I just had the 37.5K service done. Car is wearing very well

Tires are at 8/32nds
    Front and rear pads are at 8mm. Getting 100K out of the brakes is something I didn't expect with this type of car. The car uses about half a quart between changes(7,500) miles. Coming from a Honda fan I must say i was hesitant to buy a WRX based on what I'd read about engine issues. This car has been more reliable than our Accord(so far) IF that continues I'll buy another...
    Last edited by kritzell; 08-19-2013 at 07:40 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    My engine / transmission is fine, but I never applied a tune. I have over 60K on the odo

EDIT: Didn't read the first post where it said 2008+ cars. I would recommend adding that to the title.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

2005 with 156k miles.
    Starting to leak oil from the oil cooler and power steering pump needs to be replaced.
    Engine/tranny is fine, still sees 50+ miles and a few redline pulls a day.
    Oh and it won in a race against a new Merc Hybrid last week =)
    Not a 3rd gen but that should really give you an idea.

Sent from my DROID2 Global using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by kritzell View Post
    38,000 miles. Perfect, not one single issue. I just had the 37.5K service done. Car is wearing very well

Tires are at 8/32nds
    Front and rear pads are at 8mm. Getting 100K out of the brakes is something I didn't expect with this type of car. The car uses about half a quart between changes(7,500) miles. Coming from a Honda fan I must say i was hesitant to buy a WRX based on what I'd read about engine issues. This car has been more reliable than our Accord(so far) IF that continues I'll buy another...
    The last Honda i owned was rock solid, what was wrong with the accord?

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    You don't have an appropriate poll choice for me, lol. My WRX is on engine #7, transmission #3. Oddly enough, I have never blown an engine or transmission.. but there has always been something wrong with the engine.

We had to put a steering rack in it at 20k. Other than that its been fine. My last 2 SI's were flawless reliability wise.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    My engine / transmission is fine, but I never applied a tune. I have over 60K on the odo

EDIT: Didn't read the first post where it said 2008+ cars. I would recommend adding that to the title.
    Same. I voted before I read that.

Anyways... 170k on a Stage 2 dyno tune, never had an issue outside of routine maintenance replacements (timing belt, clutch), raced it two full days of autocross this weekend and it loved it.

Oops I voted too.

147,000 just about. Spent more on upgrades than on repairs but I'm still 'fixing' something. Car is otherwise solid and smooth for almost a buck fifty on the odometer.

Past records indicate a clutch that refused to operate smoothly, something I've just learned to drive around until I replace it with something better. No major internal work to engine tranny or diffs
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Anyone know how I change the title of this poll?
    Current: 2015 WRX Limited DGM, 2013 Outback Limited, 2006 Jeep Commander
    Sold: 2011 pagani zonda..........maybe not, 2006 Acura RSX type S, 2002 Dodge Stratus SXT, 2002 Kia Spectra GSX, 1989 Chevrolet Caviler

I see no option for bewbs.

2011 wrx with 32k miles. Been stage 2 now for about 2k miles. No issues yet and everything feels great. Time will tell.
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by junkyard08 View Post
    I see no option for bewbs.
    Very much this.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.