Subaru WRX Forum banner

How reliable is your WRX

• My engine / transmission is fine, but I never applied a tune. I have over 60K on the odo.

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • My engine / transmission is fine, I have a stage 1 or 2 tune and over 60 k on the odo.

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • I have replaced the engine / transmission once and have left the factory tune in place.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have replaced the engine / transmission once and I am stage 1 or 2.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • I have replaced the engine more than once and have less than 100 K on the odo.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mileage unlisted never had any major issues:

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • I love my WRX but something is always broke that always needs work.

Votes: 4 8.0%

Reliability

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  rage-wrx 
#1 ·
So i have been reading this forum for years. Get a good laugh every now and again when someone tries to teach their Suby to swim or attempts to turn their front bumper into an animal control detention center; but i cant help but wondering about reliability. As several people have said you have to pay to play, and man every time i drive a WRX it feels like it is worth every penny. But here is the poll at hand. How reliable has the WRX been for you. Now i know what you are going to say, and i have read several of the threads that go on and on about the reliability of the car and the small problems that they have. I'm not really interested in the small problems like a rogue blinker or continuous burnt out headlight. I am looking for major problems like engine / Tranny failure. My last several cars have only required fluid and brakes up to 100K, So i post this to the 2008 + group of WRX and STI's.

#2 · (Edited)
38,000 miles. Perfect, not one single issue. I just had the 37.5K service done. Car is wearing very well

Tires are at 8/32nds
Front and rear pads are at 8mm. Getting 100K out of the brakes is something I didn't expect with this type of car. The car uses about half a quart between changes(7,500) miles. Coming from a Honda fan I must say i was hesitant to buy a WRX based on what I'd read about engine issues. This car has been more reliable than our Accord(so far) IF that continues I'll buy another...

#5 ·
The last Honda i owned was rock solid, what was wrong with the accord?

#4 ·
2005 with 156k miles.
Starting to leak oil from the oil cooler and power steering pump needs to be replaced.
Engine/tranny is fine, still sees 50+ miles and a few redline pulls a day.
Oh and it won in a race against a new Merc Hybrid last week =)
Not a 3rd gen but that should really give you an idea.

Sent from my DROID2 Global using Tapatalk 2

#9 ·
Oops I voted too.

147,000 just about. Spent more on upgrades than on repairs but I'm still 'fixing' something. Car is otherwise solid and smooth for almost a buck fifty on the odometer.

Past records indicate a clutch that refused to operate smoothly, something I've just learned to drive around until I replace it with something better. No major internal work to engine tranny or diffs

#10 ·
Anyone know how I change the title of this poll?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.