Does any one else have this problem??
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Does any one else have this problem?? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So, I noticed ever since I started driving my '13 WR blue Sti on the roads, everyone thinks I have ...

Does any one else have this problem??

So, I noticed ever since I started driving my '13 WR blue Sti on the roads, everyone thinks I have to be going 115 mph everywhere I go. Just tonight when I was heading back from spending an evening with my family out on the town, I was driving down the highway doing about 5+ the speed limit and moving general flow of traffic. Twice some a-hole drove right up on my rear bumper so close that I could no longer see their head lights. One was a dodge charger and the other was a newer accord.

Now, don't get me wrong, I do engage in rather "spirited" driving now and again. None of which is a problem for other drivers on the road. However, this particular evening I have my my wife and my 2 year old son in the back so I am not taking any chances. I just let my mirror dimmer do its job and ignored both. It was just really annoying.

On the other hand, I noticed that driving a WRX is like a secret code for other WRX drivers. I love the drive by waves or when I park in the parking lot away from other cars and I come back and my car is flanked by 2 other bad ass WRXs. It makes me feel great!

The parking lot thing happens quite often and is pretty sweet.

Any thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I always get piped or someone wanting to race. Brand new corvette piped me this afternoon...I was like WTF?? I know he's got me, I'm only stage1, it's a no brainer. he's probably got daddy's money paying for his a$$ to sit behind the wheel anyways while I work to pay for my WRX.

Random late 90's model gt mustang wanted to race last week. Had a 5.0 emblem on the back...they didn't make 5.0's then, only in the cobras so who knows what's under the hood but def. a v8. I laid into it in 2nd gear and spanked him till about 60 and had to stop due to traffic. Had 2 other passengers btw.

And I love to park near other Subaru's. I like to look at other's as well as show off mine. Plus they aren't as likely to slam their door into mine

I think its normal to get the attention. I also have moments where ill just do random pulls but its not against anyone. I just like to hear my car go vrroooom haha. But I also do get the unwanted attention from "ricers" I live in a downtown suburb area so a lot of ricers are present. Whenever they see my car its like an automatic for them to burnout in front of me, zig zag through traffic, or just launch from a redlight. Its pretty funny to watch but i just ignore it all. No need to be worked up and prove anything or anyone.

I've never slowed down to 115 on the highway so I don't have that problem

yep, that sux sometimes. tail riding is a dangerous habit out here, everybody is in too much of a hurry on the two lane highways so they'll ride up on your bumper then full throttle whip out a two car and a double trailer semi pass with traffic comming from the other way. i get more respect from other sport cars than i do pickups. they(insert any pickup with a lack of muffler but mainly the deisels) think its 'fun' to smoke(large cloud of smoke from boosted diesel pickup) cars with windows down downtown. not just stupid, but really dangerous in too many ways. somebody told me there has been so many complaints lately the fuz is ticketing for it.
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

Quote Originally Posted by tirerob View Post
    yep, that sux sometimes. tail riding is a dangerous habit out here, everybody is in too much of a hurry on the two lane highways so they'll ride up on your bumper then full throttle whip out a two car and a double trailer semi pass with traffic comming from the other way. i get more respect from other sport cars than i do pickups. they(insert any pickup with a lack of muffler but mainly the deisels) think its 'fun' to smoke(large cloud of smoke from boosted diesel pickup) cars with windows down downtown. not just stupid, but really dangerous in too many ways. somebody told me there has been so many complaints lately the fuz is ticketing for it.
    It's funny because it is always the guys who got something to prove. I just love driving and I love cars, and I love driving my Impreza! I will someday get my car to the track and it will only be me driving my car to see what I am capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxnguyen View Post
    I think its normal to get the attention. I also have moments where ill just do random pulls but its not against anyone. I just like to hear my car go vrroooom haha. But I also do get the unwanted attention from "ricers" I live in a downtown suburb area so a lot of ricers are present. Whenever they see my car its like an automatic for them to burnout in front of me, zig zag through traffic, or just launch from a redlight. Its pretty funny to watch but i just ignore it all. No need to be worked up and prove anything or anyone.
    oh, yeah, I love on ramps especially for that. I intentionally down shift to get the Rs up so the turbo is spooled and I can blast it onto the highway. Gives me a smile every time

Well I honestly didn't think I'd could make a contribution to this thread ever, until today. I pick my spots for speed, out of self indulgence. But this Cadillac CTS was riding my ass, and it was really pissing me off. I found out what boost was really about today. First time I've really "pushed" her (4k miles). Wow and I think the CTS was saying wow. ... no ticket thank god.
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

I Support ClubWRX
    Buy yourself a racing harness and a racing helmet. Wear them everywhere you drive (make sure the harness is DOT legal). No one messes with someone wearing those; those that do are likely faster than you anyway...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

bbaaahhhaaa Luv ya
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    The trick is to embrace the "sports sedan" and AWD aspect of your car and you avoid the idiots. Dirty subaru with a rumbling exhaust and mud flaps, automatic win. It's like OFF! spray but for d-bag drivers. I make it known that I could give two ****s about Hp numbers on paper and 40mph-70mph acceleration....like really, lets see your Camaro rip a gravel road or a muddy trail lol. Subaru culture, not BMW american V8 culture, they dont have fun like we do and they know it.

Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    I make it known that I could give two ****s about Hp numbers on paper and 40mph-70mph acceleration....like really, lets see your Camaro rip a gravel road or a muddy trail lol. Subaru culture, not BMW american V8 culture, they dont have fun like we do and they know it.

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by slavik_awd_02 View Post
    Agreed
    Agreed. I did dirty gravel and off road driving with my camaro. Always carefully cause it was my only car but over built as it was for handling and breaking...my wrx would own it everywhere but a strictly classic car show. And that's after seventeen years of camaro ownership lol. Guess what I used for a down payment hahaha
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

I Support ClubWRX
    I live in NJ so I get raced by everyone on the road every second I'm on the road. Tailgating isn't serious until someone's literally crawling into my trunk from the hood of the car behind me.

But in all seriousness, I've noticed a lack of people wanting to race me or anything. I've passed plenty of ricers and 'stangs and 'vettes and the like and nada. I've gotten a few waves from WRX drivers, and even some Evo drivers, but usually it's been friendly and no racing ensued. Not like I'd engage them anyway. Go ahead and beat me off the line if you desire. I'll be driving like a normal human being. Until we hit the twisties.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

Quote Originally Posted by ShiftingLanes View Post
    I live in NJ so I get raced by everyone on the road every second I'm on the road. Tailgating isn't serious until someone's literally crawling into my trunk from the hood of the car behind me.

But in all seriousness, I've noticed a lack of people wanting to race me or anything. I've passed plenty of ricers and 'stangs and 'vettes and the like and nada. I've gotten a few waves from WRX drivers, and even some Evo drivers, but usually it's been friendly and no racing ensued. Not like I'd engage them anyway. Go ahead and beat me off the line if you desire. I'll be driving like a normal human being. Until we hit the twisties.
    Yeah. - nobody pays any attention to me at all on Long Island

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.