Does any one else have this problem?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Does any one else have this problem?? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by nishisan218 On the other hand, I noticed that driving a WRX is like a secret code for ...

Quote Originally Posted by nishisan218 View Post
    On the other hand, I noticed that driving a WRX is like a secret code for other WRX drivers. I love the drive by waves or when I park in the parking lot away from other cars and I come back and my car is flanked by 2 other bad ass WRXs. It makes me feel great!

The parking lot thing happens quite often and is pretty sweet.

Any thoughts?
    I love when I return to my car in the parking lot and its surrounded by fellow WRXs. There are a LOT of them here in Colorado. It's like a mini meet & greet every time! I've made a ton of new friends, solely because of the car I drive.

Quote Originally Posted by tesla317 View Post
    And I love to park near other Subaru's. I like to look at other's as well as show off mine. Plus they aren't as likely to slam their door into mine
    EXACTLY. Subie loveee!

And as far as the racing thing goes, I've only had a couple of instances where the person next to me at a red light revved their engine and gave me "the look." It's usually 90's civics (why?!?) and one time it was a Dodge Ram. Ehhh. I'm not a big speeder due to the cop magnetness of the orange paint. Unless its a twisty, curvy, two-lane mountain road where no cops can hide...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The first week I had my WRX, I was at a red light when a white van took a right onto my street and stopped. They wanted to sell me some speakers they just stole. I laughed and said no thanks. He stared for a minute and went, "well wanna race then?" lol

I spent this last weekend in Mustang country and every single one of them were looking at me and laying down as much rubber as they could. They underestimate how much pull I can muster between 2nd and 3rd...and by that time, I'm already slowing down because I'm not trying to die.

But it's the luxury sport cars and BMWs that seem to have the most beef with my car. Dunno why, perhaps because I didn't spend 50 grand for a status symbol and still have just as much fun and get more attention.

Quote Originally Posted by degobah77 View Post
    The first week I had my WRX, I was at a red light when a white van took a right onto my street and stopped. They wanted to sell me some speakers they just stole. I laughed and said no thanks. He stared for a minute and went, "well wanna race then?" lol

I spent this last weekend in Mustang country and every single one of them were looking at me and laying down as much rubber as they could. They underestimate how much pull I can muster between 2nd and 3rd...and by that time, I'm already slowing down because I'm not trying to die.

But it's the luxury sport cars and BMWs that seem to have the most beef with my car. Dunno why, perhaps because I didn't spend 50 grand for a status symbol and still have just as much fun and get more attention.

I'm used to the mustang thing! I live in a small town where my trip to work is 2 miles. If I pass less then 6 mustangs on the way it's strange. All of them your stereotypical V6 owner, so naturally they stay with their foot on the floor.

I have also noticed every 4 banger with an exhaust has to hit box next me all the time.
    2011 Wrx Limited Sedan Silver. Nameless muffler delete, Kartboy Short throw w/ cobb knob, Rally Armor mud flaps, 30% tint... Goodbye warranty Cobb AP v3 and Sf intake. Stink-eye mob #1993

Quote Originally Posted by poi88 View Post
    Yeah. - nobody pays any attention to me at all on Long Island
    Totally hear you on that one. Only the occasional Civic SI driver who revs their engine at a light as if it were a beast, which always makes me smile. Suffolk or Nassau?

Quote Originally Posted by avenger73 View Post
    Totally hear you on that one. Only the occasional Civic SI driver who revs their engine at a light as if it were a beast, which always makes me smile. Suffolk or Nassau?
    Suffolk - Huntington area

Quote Originally Posted by poi88 View Post
    Suffolk - Huntington area
    Sweet - Ronkonkoma! Sure I'll see you around.

Quote Originally Posted by tesla317 View Post
    Random late 90's model gt mustang wanted to race last week. Had a 5.0 emblem on the back...they didn't make 5.0's then, only in the cobras so who knows what's under the hood but def. a v8.
    Just FYI, Mustangs didn't have 5.0s for a long time after 95. In 95 the GT and Cobra had 5.0s, then from 96-04 GTs had a SOHC 4.6 and Cobras had a DOHC 4.6 (03-04 Cobras were also supercharged).

It is only recently within the last 2 years I believe that Ford was putting 5.0s back in Mustangs from the factory.

You most likely had a run in with a tool of a Mustang owner with a 4.6 GT pushing about 245hp stock. I hate when owners put fake badges on cars. I had a run in with a guy who was showing off his "Cobra" to a group of chicks. I walked over with a few friends to check out his car, and quickly realized it was a stock GT with a Cobra body kit and badges. After listing to him brag about his "really fast Cobra" for too long, I decided I would point out everything on the car that showed it wasn't actually a Cobra. Then I pointed to my car at the other end of the parking lot, and asked if anyone wanted to see a REAL Cobra. There were some good laughs at that guy's expense.

It was a d**k move, but I felt that's what he deserved. As a Mustang guy at heart, it was blasphemous for him to pass his car off as a Cobra. I'm sure a lot of people would feel the same way about a stock WRX being passed off as an STi.
    2014 Subaru WRX WRB Stage 1
    Stink-Eye Mob # 1.618

Previous Vehicles: 2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i; 1997 Ford Mustang Cobra; 1998 Audi A4 1.8T; 1995 Ford Mustang
    A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster. - Jeremy Clarkson

I get a few cavaliers and audis. The more expensive the car, the nicer the guy usually. Had a conversation with a guy in an audi allroad between the lights, and raced when it turned green. However people with a honda fart box tend to annoy me. Only car I've lost to was a modded s4. He was really cool about it tho!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12