Hit a blown tire :( - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Hit a blown tire :( within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have a thousand dollar deductible. So it makes no sense going threw the insurance. All I need is the ...

I have a thousand dollar deductible. So it makes no sense going threw the insurance. All I need is the clips and a new passenger side under tray.
    I can replace the missing covers for cheap or get the fog lights and patch up the crack on the bumper.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Monk_Knight View Post
    Wouldn't it depend on the circumstances?

There are definitely times where you could come up on something that should not be in the road and you are unable to avoid it. I suppose it may be a different classification, but I know that if you hit a deer it is covered under insurance (at least mine). Considered to be an Act of God... something that is not your fault and is totally out of your control.
    Proving the "CIRCUMSTANCES" to the insurance company might be pretty difficult.

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cogito View Post
    My observations were based on the fact the OP indicated "tire was kicked into my lane while passing a truck". I personally would fight that with the insurance company, depending on repair estimate, deductible, blah blah. But that's just me.
    It's not an arguable point. Where the damage is on the vehicle points to the fact that he hit something in the road. It shows no evidence of a tire being "kicked" into his lane. His argument would be easier if his damages were located higher on his vehicle. Even if it were comparative negligence, where liability can be split between two parties, I wouldn't suggest arguing with an insurance company. They may just get angry and decide you're 100% liable instead of just 50%. However, you can't put negligence on the other driver. Or the tire.

Quote Originally Posted by ITS-STI View Post
    Proving the "CIRCUMSTANCES" to the insurance company might be pretty difficult.
    ^That, but that brings me to the next quote and my next point.

Quote Originally Posted by anthony360 View Post
    I have a thousand dollar deductible. So it makes no sense going threw the insurance. All I need is the clips and a new passenger side under tray.
    I can replace the missing covers for cheap or get the fog lights and patch up the crack on the bumper.
    1. Stop being so premium driven and lower your deductible.
    2. Even if you filed a claim through your insurance, assuming it's a larger reputable company and how forgiving they are, your rates may not even change. USAA codes their accidents so when your policy came up for renewal they would see that you hit an object in the road. That would yield significantly smaller increases to your premium (if any) than if you were to rear end someone, fall asleep at the wheel, etc.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I'm paying 400 a month for the 2013 wrx and a 1999 Explorer. Lowering the deductabl would would increase it by about 60 a month.

What Drews said.

Buy some polishing compound to get the scuffs off.
    Buy a lip to hide the crack.
    Fog covers can be had cheap on nasioc.

Quote Originally Posted by anthony360 View Post
    Yeah that's a pretty high deductible. I wish you good luck with your repairs. Although not intending to insult Drews, I owe him a apology. I was comparing my circumstances (favorable) with yours, maybe not so much in your case, in light of what he brought to the table. Think I'll stay out of the insurance game. Done well for myself, but will leave future advice to the experts.
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    400 a month? What did you do in the past to deserve that? Are you 16 years old or something?
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Nope. I'm 23, no accidents and my last and only ticket was over 3 years ago. I'm also on my moms policy and she's in her 50's. Apparently my city, hialeah, has some of the highest insurance rates in the country.
    And the estimate foe the car was under 500. So lowering the deductible wouldn't help.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Wow that sucks.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Yup. Policy shopping next week. The insurance is almost as much as the payments.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12