Tint shop CRASHED MY 2013 WRX!!!!
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Tint shop CRASHED MY 2013 WRX!!!! within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I dropped my car off to a local tint shop to get my 2013 wrx tinted. At this time i've ...

Tint shop CRASHED MY 2013 WRX!!!!

I dropped my car off to a local tint shop to get my 2013 wrx tinted. At this time i've only had the car for less than 2 weeks. Within 3-4 hours I get a call saying that my car is complete.... BUT "the guy who moved your car, crashed it." ALL I SAW WAS RED I got a ride out to the tint shop and saw my car pushed up against another car. I immediately saw a camera on the building facing exactly to where my car was and demanded to review the footage. I watched the footage with the manager and was outraged at how careless and negligent the worker was! The manager was professional and had the secretary print out their insurance policy. There was nothing I could do at the time but take pictures and wait for their insurance to contact me. Police wouldn't arrive to the scene because its a private parking lot.

Within a few hours I got a call from the owner of the business. He was real honest and had integrity. I told him the only way that ill settle this is for you to buy me a BRAND NEW BUMPER, BRAND NEW HEADLIGHT, and BRAND NEW GRILL. He immediately accepted and said he will take full responsibility and do whatever I ask. Still going through insurance though, the appraiser came out and only quoted me that the bumper is fixable by repaint and that they will need to order a new grill and headlight because its beyond repairable. My quote from the insurance was $1400.00.

I called up FIX AUTO and a local SUBARU dealership. Subaru stated that if anyone wanted to order a new bumper it would be delivered in primered black only. They would then send it out to a body shop to have them color match the bumper to my car. With that information, i brought my car into FIX AUTO. They quoted me to fix everything with a NEW bumper would be $1800.00. The owner of the tint shop already agreed to buy me a brand new bumper so he paid the difference out of his own pocket.

Within 4 - 5 days my parts came in. Got a call from FIX AUTO saying i needed to bring in my car for them to color match. At this point, I was very hesitant to who touches and drives my car. I didn't want another accident to happen. Instead I dropped off my old bumper and let them use that as a template to color match. I picked up the new grill and new headlights and told them that it wont be necessary to install these parts for me because ill do it myself.

I took everything home and installed all the new parts. This entire nightmare took place from 7/31/13 to 8/15/13. I wish to this community that if you are reading this, please be careful with who you hand your keys to! ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS document!!!!

And here are pictures from this event:

What I saw when I arrived to the scene

Scratched up bumper, scratched up headlight, scratched up grill

Other car that got hit

Last edited by wrxnguyen; 08-15-2013 at 11:51 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wow this really blows man. Glad the shop owner is taking care of it though.
    Last edited by 3G_REX; 08-15-2013 at 11:56 PM.
    -NAS

2011 SUBARU WRX (LR) - DAILY
    MODS: 30% Tint - Smoked Tails - Bi-Xenon Projector retrofit w/ DDM Tuning 35w5000k - Fender vent led turn signals - Kartboy short throw shifter w/ bushings - Flossy Shift knob

Terrrible to see. How could he not feel the car move when he left it? Well, happy ending at least. :-)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    This is so great, with the video and everything.. I mean, that blows, clearly. I would be pissed. But at least the dude wasn't clowning around or something. He just got out without setting the brake and let it roll away. Clear negligence, but not malicious. Sorry for your car, being so new and everything. My condolences.

Sucks bro, at least the tint job looks good.
    2005 WRX (Silver) SoCal Subie
    Blobeye Syndicate #1093
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...al-05-wrx.html - Build Thread
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/34009765@N06/ - For whatever pics i take.
    Mikie13-Spend money on hookers and blow. That's a better intake.

Wow..what an idiot! And on an SWP too!! How's your paint matching? Try to get SWP to match is nearly impossible! Got a pic of the fender to bumper matchup?
    Brandon - 13' SWP WRX Sedan

Wow, how do you forget to use the hand brake on a manual car?!
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    wow. awful. glad they are taking responsibility though. this couldve ended much worse!

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

wow thats crazy. well at least you got it fixed and things did work out. im veryyy picky about who i take my car to. i had a bad dealership experience taking her in for a warranty issue and a bolt that shouldve been tq'ed to spec was finger loose and couldve fallen out of my control arm and caused some serious chaos. now i dont go to subaru dealers anymore and only go to a shop in PA called Flat Four Specialties. I just got in a little accident this weekend and theyre taking care of her now. Also i think for inspection and wherever i drop my car off, tint, paint shop, wherever, i think i may just run wastegate pressre so i know theyre not beating on the car. May be a good idea for other WRX owners.
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    wow. awful. glad they are taking responsibility though. this couldve ended much worse!
    +1
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"It's like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    Sorry to hear, but as said, it wasn't malicious, just careless. Glad the owner worked with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh
    Also i think for inspection and wherever i drop my car off, tint, paint shop, wherever, i think i may just run wastegate pressre so i know theyre not beating on the car. May be a good idea for other WRX owners.
    That's easy enough to do, Mark; it's one table that needs to be modified, and you can do it yourself.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Update to the new bumper, headlight, and grill. At first, fix auto wanted me to bring in my car so they could "blend" the new bumper to the car, that way I won't able to see the contrast. The term blend meant for them to paint up to 5" of my fender and hood. Why the hell would I give them the chance to ruin original paint?!?

Can you guys see the contrast? Neither can I

I Support ClubWRX
    ^ Great that your car is back and lookin' good again! I can't believe you waited two weeks to post!

In any case I just read it, and in my brain it just happened a moment ago so I'm still all

They can stick their contrast where the sun don't shine, no way I'd let them have my car back, I'd be like, ferget you and your brake-omitting staff.

/rant
    -Stephanie 2004 WRB WRX | Blobeye Syndicate Member #104
    "I can't see the Shoopster from here; I'll wait for you outside."
    Shoopsterbuild 2.1: Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster. Now with premium 'menu' option!

wow. pictures/video says 1k words.

glad it's all back together and looking good again.

does this count as another neon getting the s#$t kicked out of it by a WRX?
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

I Support ClubWRX
    ^ wrx went lookin' for a fight! "I'll be over here..."
    -Stephanie 2004 WRB WRX | Blobeye Syndicate Member #104
    "I can't see the Shoopster from here; I'll wait for you outside."
    Shoopsterbuild 2.1: Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster. Now with premium 'menu' option!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast