Tint shop CRASHED MY 2013 WRX!!!! - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 83

This is a discussion on Tint shop CRASHED MY 2013 WRX!!!! within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; damn that sucks man. glad to hear it all worked out in the end though...

  1. #46
    Registered User EndlessSea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    423
    damn that sucks man. glad to hear it all worked out in the end though
    2013 wrx sedan(saving up for a 2015 STI)

    Previous faist cars: '05 Mustang GT '02 RSX-S, '91 SR20 240sx, '85 300zx turbo

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #47
    Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Davey Jones Locker
    Posts
    8,515
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tesla317 View Post
    Thank you! You put it in better words than I did lol. I enjoy taking care of my car, as well as other stuff, and people think it still looks almost new inside and out. Yes...sh&t happens...but I figure the better I take care of my car the longer it will last...therefore the further my money went.
    Cars are a crap shoot. You can buy a brand new car that is plagued with issues and you can buy a car with 300k miles that has none. Your car could have a catastrophic failure and your motor could blow. Does this mean that you're going to get mad at the machines that manufactured it? Cars aren't that serious bruh.

    Quote Originally Posted by tesla317 View Post
    My point is "most" people aren't like this. They don't treat their own stuff with respect, much less someone else's belongings.

    I do electrical work "currently", which I don't even like...but I still take pride in my work. I take extra time to make my work look good and better quality, and people notice! They see the extra effort compared to most other companies who throw stuff together just to get things done... and I treat their home with respect. Too many people don't care if it's not "theirs."

    I'm glad there was a silver lining for this guy and his car is as good as new or better! But sadly, I still don't trust people in general. Especially with something that I've put a lot of effort and money into just to watch them mistreat it.
    Are you comparing your work ethic and livelyhood to taking care of your car? That doesn't make much sense. The amount of effort you put into your job allows you to keep your job and sustain your lifestyle. All the effort you put into your car will gain you nothing in the end. If you haven't learned by now that cars are a horrid investment you may need to do some research. If your car was totaled tomorrow, your life would go on relatively unchanged. If you lost your job I doubt you could say the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by codered2323 View Post
    Idk mate, pretty sure that the guy is just trying to protect his investment, no need to be devils advocate.


    BSD
    I'm not playing devils advocate. I'm telling you how reality works.

    Quote Originally Posted by ITS-STI View Post
    I wouldn't say cars are easily replaced. If my paid off 07 STi got totaled, its not like the insurance company is going to give me another one, Id have to pay thousands of dollars for another car.
    That's actually not true. Given that you're carrying the proper coverage they are required by law to give you fair market value for your car, which in turn should buy you another one. My insurance company even pays for up to $5k in aftermarket parts. If you guys are all so worried about your precious albeit poor investments, buy a beater and park your WRX in the garage or keep it as driveway art.

    OP, glad they fixed your car.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS


    Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

    Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

  4. #48
    Registered User ITS-STI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    55
    Yes, BUT I would never find one that is in as good condition or had ANY of the changes done that I had done to my car.

  5. #49
    Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Davey Jones Locker
    Posts
    8,515
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ITS-STI View Post
    Yes, BUT I would never find one that is in as good condition or had ANY of the changes done that I had done to my car.
    A simple solution is don't mod your car. That's why they give you FAIR market value. If companies paid out high market value for totaled vehicles they would go out of business. Your mods don't make your car worth more, in fact, they make it worth less.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS


    Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

    Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

  6. #50
    Pro Manscaper Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    20,768
    Quote Originally Posted by ITS-STI View Post
    Yes, BUT I would never find one that is in as good condition or had ANY of the changes done that I had done to my car.
    My 05 STI that I still owed $9400 on just got totaled. Everywhere I was looking to trade it in would only give me $9000. Even offers to buy it outright were only as high as $13,500. My insurance company gave me $16,300 for it, based on the averages of 5 2005 STIs that were for sale in my area. I paid off my lien and got $7000 to put towards another car.

    Needless to say, I now drive a much nicer, less miles, less beat up, 2012 WRX sedan. Albeit not an STI, but its a MUCH better car than what I had. If I used that $7k to find another 2005 STI, I would have found one in MUCH better condition with much less miles than the one I had. My insurance company came through in the clutch, and did exactly what I pay them a good amount of money to do...

    So unfortunately, I disagree with your point here.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

  7. #51
    Registered User tesla317's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    293
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Cars are a crap shoot. You can buy a brand new car that is plagued with issues and you can buy a car with 300k miles that has none. Your car could have a catastrophic failure and your motor could blow. Does this mean that you're going to get mad at the machines that manufactured it? Cars aren't that serious bruh.



    Are you comparing your work ethic and livelyhood to taking care of your car? That doesn't make much sense. The amount of effort you put into your job allows you to keep your job and sustain your lifestyle. All the effort you put into your car will gain you nothing in the end. If you haven't learned by now that cars are a horrid investment you may need to do some research. If your car was totaled tomorrow, your life would go on relatively unchanged. If you lost your job I doubt you could say the same.
    Well I guess we are all morons due to the fact we are here because we love Subaru's and are car enthusiasts. Therefore we mod them...we show them off...we take care of them. We, I myself, take pride in our car and what we have done with them. Why do many of us show pics and what we have done? Yes, it's money we won't see again but we know that before hand. If I didn't I would have got the cheapest thing possible.Otherwise I would have bought a Toyota Prius. You seem to be in the wrong forum, cuz our hobbies are apparently useless and illogical.

    Oh and yes, I compared it to my work ethic. Many people who see my work draw a conclusion about how I am with other things in life. They ask me help with personal projects because, and I quote "they want it done right". Whether it's work on a vehicle, cleaning and working on their firearms, they know I'll do the best job possible. You know, a trashy(full of junk and never cleaned) car can represent how they are in other aspects. Along with a home, or anything on life. People are very observant and instantly draw those conclusions whether they are true or not.
    Last edited by tesla317; 08-21-2013 at 04:11 PM.

  8. #52
    Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Davey Jones Locker
    Posts
    8,515
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tesla317 View Post
    Well I guess we are all morons due to the fact we are here because we love Subaru's and are car enthusiasts. Therefore we mod them...we show them off...we take care of them. We, I myself, take pride in our car and what we have done with them. Why do many of us show pics and what we have done? Yes, it's money we won't see again but we know that before hand. If I didn't I would have got the cheapest thing possible.Otherwise I would have bought a Toyota Prius. You seem to be in the wrong forum, cuz our hobbies are apparently useless and illogical.
    I don't mod for other people, I mod because it's my hobby. I'm not arguing whether we are all enthusiasts here, that was never my point.

    Quote Originally Posted by tesla317 View Post
    Oh and yes, I compared it to my with ethic. Many people who see my work draw a conclusion about how I am with other things in life. They ask me help with personal projects because, and I quote "they want it done right". Whether it's work on a vehicle, cleaning and working on their firearms, they know I'll do the best job possible. You know, a trashy(full of junk and never cleaned) car can represent how they are in other aspects. Along with a home, or anything on life. People are very observant and instantly draw those conclusions whether they are true or not.
    So we're back to letting your possession define you. I don't give a crap about what my car looks like or what they think about me when I drive by. I could give you a comprehensive list of things that I care about and I can assure you that my vehicle is very, very low on that list. I stopped caring about other peoples projects because I don't really have time for much other than my family. And lately, my time is very limited. I'd rather go spend an afternoon at the zoo with my wife than spend it washing and waxing my car so that people say, "Oh, look at him, he must be a sharp cookie!" Maybe when you get something of value, of REAL value in your life you'll understand. I'll say it again, life is too short to be worried about your car. Chew on some perspective for a while and get back to me.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS


    Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

    Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

  9. #53
    Registered User Zitro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    329
    This thread is making me snicker (insert smilie of eating popcorn, which this site does not have apparently).

    Either way, I see both sides. I love my car, do work to keep it clean, and if something happened to something I try my best to take care of due to someone else's negligence, then yes, I'd be upset. On the flip side, it is just a car, a repairable hunk of metal and plastic, and there comes a point where it is just isn't worth worrying about.
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

    2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

    "I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

  10. #54
    Registered User RichD514's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Medford, New York, United States
    Posts
    823
    Quote Originally Posted by Zitro View Post
    This thread is making me snicker (insert smilie of eating popcorn, which this site does not have apparently).
    Haha..i thought the same thing about the Lil popcorn smile guy

  11. #55
    Master Baiter EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a stream bank somewhere
    Posts
    19,709
    I Support ClubWRX
    I'm with Jimmy on this one. There was an accident, the responsible party made right on it. I don't see what there is to be "livid" about. If they tried to beat around the bush and deny responsibility or liability, then you have a reason to be upset, but with the way the OP told the story, you'd look like a royal jackass coming in the shop "livid".

    If anything, that would only hurt you, as it could cause the responsible party to tell you to go pound sand and take them to court. If I tried to be reasonable with a customer and they weren't being so, they would be asked to leave the premises and that they can take me to court. If they chose not to leave the premises, the police would be called (they would come this time).

    Honestly, it's a car. If it truly defines who you are and what kind of person you are, there's something wrong.
    Last edited by EJ257; 08-21-2013 at 04:44 PM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

    Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

    UNYSOC

  12. #56
    Registered User Zitro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    329
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    I'm with Jimmy on this one. There was an accident, the responsible party made right on it. I don't see what there is to be "livid" about. If they tried to beat around the bush and deny responsibility or liability, then you have a reason to be upset, but with the way the OP told the story, you'd look like a royal jackass coming in the shop "livid". If anything, that would only hurt you, as it could cause the responsible party to tell you to go pound sand and take them to court.
    I came here to point out this quote from his signature that literally made me laugh out loud at work and get in trouble :

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

    2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

    "I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

  13. #57
    Master Baiter EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a stream bank somewhere
    Posts
    19,709
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Zitro
    I came here to point out this quote from his signature that literally made me laugh out loud at work and get in trouble
    Sorry to get you in trouble, but you're welcome for the laugh
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

    Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

    UNYSOC

  14. #58
    Registered User ITS-STI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    55
    What I was trying to say that I would never find a car like mine. An STI with NO interior damage, NO door dings, had never been abused, is in absolutely amazing condition. Yes you get insurance to give you money for the car, but I will never find what I had....hence why i say its not EASY. If you drive your car around on a golf driving range and it gets totaled, I assume it would be EASY to replace that car. But a car that i have taken care of since it was new, and have gone to great lengths to keep nice, will not be easy to replace.

    And yes, I know all about modding cars, I took a car that ran over a 22 second in the 1/4 mile, and in the end it was faster than my STi, and was worth next to nothing.

  15. #59
    Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Davey Jones Locker
    Posts
    8,515
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ITS-STI View Post
    What I was trying to say that I would never find a car like mine. An STI with NO interior damage, NO door dings, had never been abused, is in absolutely amazing condition. Yes you get insurance to give you money for the car, but I will never find what I had....hence why i say its not EASY. If you drive your car around on a golf driving range and it gets totaled, I assume it would be EASY to replace that car. But a car that i have taken care of since it was new, and have gone to great lengths to keep nice, will not be easy to replace.

    And yes, I know all about modding cars, I took a car that ran over a 22 second in the 1/4 mile, and in the end it was faster than my STi, and was worth next to nothing.
    You being picky doesn't make it more difficult to replace a car because it is not unique. You being picky makes it difficult for YOU to replace that car. Your insurance company doesn't give a crap about how much time and effort you've put into your car. It's simply a number to them. Therefore, I think you should just stop paying on insurance all together. Then see how difficult it is for you to replace your car if it gets totaled.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS


    Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

    Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

  16. #60
    Master Baiter EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a stream bank somewhere
    Posts
    19,709
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ITS-STI
    What I was trying to say that I would never find a car like mine. An STI with NO interior damage, NO door dings, had never been abused, is in absolutely amazing condition. Yes you get insurance to give you money for the car, but I will never find what I had....hence why i say its not EASY. If you drive your car around on a golf driving range and it gets totaled, I assume it would be EASY to replace that car. But a car that i have taken care of since it was new, and have gone to great lengths to keep nice, will not be easy to replace.
    I had a tree fall on my car two months ago. You want to know pretty much the only thing I was upset over? The timing caused me to miss the annual ClubWRX camping trip.

    I like my car. It gives me a grin almost every time I drive it (six and a half years later). I have a lot of sweat and blood invested into the car. It has introduced me to some of my closest friends. But in the end, it's a car. I worried about it being totaled, but only because I was hoping I wouldn't lose money on the deal (if they didn't let me strip aftermarket parts). I'd have bought a new car and moved on with my life.

    There's no denying the situation the OP experienced is negligence, but that's still an accident, and the responsible party stepped up to the plate. The negligence didn't hurt anyone, and that's all that really matters. I'd be frustrated if someone's negligence damaged something I owned, but in the grand scheme of things, people make mistakes (I've been on the side of the tint shop). Now, if that persons negligence hurt my dog...
    Last edited by EJ257; 08-21-2013 at 06:13 PM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

    Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

    UNYSOC

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •