Tint shop CRASHED MY 2013 WRX!!!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Tint shop CRASHED MY 2013 WRX!!!! within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; **Don't throw rocks till you real to the end*** I'm glad this happened, and you should be too. The only ...

I Support ClubWRX
    **Don't throw rocks till you real to the end***

I'm glad this happened, and you should be too.

The only parts damaged were plastic, and no structure was bent or stressed, so no harm done. HOWEVER, you now have a bumber that is painted with better quality paint that the stock Subie stuff that is soft and prone to looking like pewp within a year from normal road debris.....and as it happened right after you got the car, you don'thave to worry much about the bumper and fender fading at different rates.

That, sir, makes yummy lemonaid from what at first was a sh*t-ton of lemons.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DemonWRX View Post
    **Don't throw rocks till you real to the end***

I'm glad this happened, and you should be too.

The only parts damaged were plastic, and no structure was bent or stressed, so no harm done. HOWEVER, you now have a bumber that is painted with better quality paint that the stock Subie stuff that is soft and prone to looking like pewp within a year from normal road debris.....and as it happened right after you got the car, you don'thave to worry much about the bumper and fender fading at different rates.

That, sir, makes yummy lemonaid from what at first was a sh*t-ton of lemons.
    Well what about the other car? The sheet metal was damaged...2 cars were damaged with the other harder to fix

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I now have my old headlight, front bumper, and grill. Not sure if I should experiment with the headlight and crack it open to paint or get some heavy compound and try to restore the lens or sell it? The grill is still in good condition but just has a small hairline scratch. Bumper is obviously damaged and still repairable by repaint so its still worth some value for anyone who wants to get a new bumper for cheaper and just paint it. Any advise? Might just craigslist everything who knows...

I Support ClubWRX
    Your wrx beat up a neon for wearing world rally blue paint

Glad it all got worked out in the end, The car looks great!
    Last edited by rexxx0486; 08-17-2013 at 10:35 PM.
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tesla317 View Post
    Well what about the other car? The sheet metal was damaged...2 cars were damaged with the other harder to fix

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    I was not addressing the Neon owner....Dodges dent themselves, and I don't have enough sugar to lemonade make from a Dodge

in all seriousness, the neon will get properly repaired just as the WRX was.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

My dealer crashed my car but it wasn't so much their fault, the parking lot just sucks but they took car of everything no questions asked.
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I know, hence I said we all make mistakes. But my point is it's amazing how people are. And just a car?? Yes, worse could happen...but when I trust my 24k investment with someone else, I would expect better than this. As with the many incidents that have been shared on this forum.
    Yes. Just a car. Don't spend 24k on a car if you're worried about every little thing that could happen. If the body shop my truck is at totaled it tomorrow I'm not going to get upset about it. Life is too short to be worried about material things like cars.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Yes. Just a car. Don't spend 24k on a car if you're worried about every little thing that could happen. If the body shop my truck is at totaled it tomorrow I'm not going to get upset about it. Life is too short to be worried about material things like cars.
    I won't dignify that with a response.

I can't be the only one here who wouldn't be a little burned up to be in a similar situation. Last month I took my car to get new tires, and find the rims scratched...scuffed, and sheared...yes I said sheared, after install. I wasn't happy and they "fixed" their mistake which should have never happened in the first place. One worker rushed causing damage. While another didn't. Sorry, I like to take care of my stuff.

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I won't dignify that with a response.
    But...

I can't be the only one here who wouldn't be a little burned up to be in a similar situation. Last month I took my car to get new tires, and find the rims scratched...scuffed, and sheared...yes I said sheared, after install. I wasn't happy and they "fixed" their mistake which should have never happened in the first place. One worker rushed causing damage. While another didn't. Sorry, I like to take care of my stuff.
    You're world is too wrapped up in material things. Cars are easily fixed or replaced. The one you drive is not unique nor is it a classic. Quite honestly, they aren't even that nice. The only thing I would be a little bit frustrated about is if I no longer had a car for a few days. However, my insurance has rental coverage. And if someone else happens to wreck your car, their insurance should be covering a rental. Everyone gets too upset over the things they own because they let their possessions define who they are. Don't be that guy. Glad everything worked out for the OP. Thanks for your dignified response.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Did the guy forget to put the parking brake on?? I'd be livid.

BSD

But...

You're world is too wrapped up in material things. Cars are easily fixed or replaced. The one you drive is not unique nor is it a classic. Quite honestly, they aren't even that nice. The only thing I would be a little bit frustrated about is if I no longer had a car for a few days. However, my insurance has rental coverage. And if someone else happens to wreck your car, their insurance should be covering a rental. Everyone gets too upset over the things they own because they let their possessions define who they are. Don't be that guy. Glad everything worked out for the OP. Thanks for your dignified response.
    Idk mate, pretty sure that the guy is just trying to protect his investment, no need to be devils advocate.

BSD

Quote Originally Posted by codered2323 View Post
    Idk mate, pretty sure that the guy is just trying to protect his investment, no need to be devils advocate.

BSD
    Thank you! You put it in better words than I did lol. I enjoy taking care of my car, as well as other stuff, and people think it still looks almost new inside and out. Yes...sh&t happens...but I figure the better I take care of my car the longer it will last...therefore the further my money went.

My point is "most" people aren't like this. They don't treat their own stuff with respect, much less someone else's belongings.

I do electrical work "currently", which I don't even like...but I still take pride in my work. I take extra time to make my work look good and better quality, and people notice! They see the extra effort compared to most other companies who throw stuff together just to get things done... and I treat their home with respect. Too many people don't care if it's not "theirs."

I'm glad there was a silver lining for this guy and his car is as good as new or better! But sadly, I still don't trust people in general. Especially with something that I've put a lot of effort and money into just to watch them mistreat it.

I do electrical work "currently",
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

But...

I wouldn't say cars are easily replaced. If my paid off 07 STi got totaled, its not like the insurance company is going to give me another one, Id have to pay thousands of dollars for another car.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm glad that this was resolved to the owners satisfaction.

Yep, just a car, in the end, a mass-produced assembly of various parts. A little life experience usually brings people to the realization that there are ever-so-many more important things to worry about.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast