Dealership damaged my car...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Dealership damaged my car... within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Dealership: West Houston Subaru I took my 12 WRX to West Houston Subaru to get a couple of rattles fixed ...

Dealership damaged my car...

Dealership: West Houston Subaru

I took my 12 WRX to West Houston Subaru to get a couple of rattles fixed last Wednesday(8/7/13). They took 6 days to fix those rattles. I just picked up my car an hour ago. It was scratched up in 3 places.. 2 on the front bumper left side and the other on the left rear fender.

I immediately showed the damage to the service associate. He said he will speak to his manager tomorrow morning but did not claim responsibility for it. If the dealership does deny responsibility what can I do next?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo 3.JPG   photo 2.JPG   photo 1.JPG  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    They were probably hoping that you would drive away before you noticed it, maybe parking somewhere etc.. They will probably have to own up to it since you didn't.

Let us know how it goes.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I Support ClubWRX
    If they deny responsibility,the next thing you could do is contact SOA.

Before turning the car in,did they fill out the report where they mark dents & what not on the car? Did you notice this right away & let them know before you drove off the lot?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Unfortunately they didn't make a report of dents etc. when I turned in the car.. But I checked the car for damages at the time of pick up and let the service associate know about it.. I ll have to wait and see what the manager says tomorrow...

I was just wondering if you check your odometer? It seems like they drove around or something. How could they make dents or scratches at three different places its crazy.

yes I check the ODO.. they drove 33 miles... but they probably needed to drive around to detect the rattles...

Everyone needs to demand a walk around inspection of the vehicle before they turn it over and have it hand written to show any previous scratches or damages.

Golden rule: If it's not on paper, it didn't happen.

I would shove my foot up they ass

BSD

Quote Originally Posted by wrxnguyen View Post
    Everyone needs to demand a walk around inspection of the vehicle before they turn it over and have it hand written to show any previous scratches or damages.

Golden rule: If it's not on paper, it didn't happen.
    Unfortunately, this is true. Unless it's on paper or documented with pictures, it's just a game of he said she said. If the service manager was smart he'd correct it because that paint transfer is really easy to fix. Can't tell about the scratches, looks like those may require some more work.

I was just told a few days ago by a Subaru service center that my squeaking clutch is totally normal. I feel like any squeaking noise in a car is not normal but I'm not the expert. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by aj_cemprola View Post
    I was just told a few days ago by a Subaru service center that my squeaking clutch is totally normal. I feel like any squeaking noise in a car is not normal but I'm not the expert. . . .
    You have to remember, a car is just a bunch of parts and pieces assembled in a certain way, even if brand new, 2 parts making contact, and movement, noises will be made. Not necessarily squeaking, but some noises (NOT ALL) are just a result of the machine doing what its supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    You have to remember, a car is just a bunch of parts and pieces assembled in a certain way, even if brand new, 2 parts making contact, and movement, noises will be made. Not necessarily squeaking, but some noises (NOT ALL) are just a result of the machine doing what its supposed to.
    I agree, but in my case i'm pretty sure its not normal. Plenty of other people on WRX forums have had the squeaking clutch/throw out bearing issue and they've had dealers replace the parts that needed addressing. I guess it is up to the Tech whether or not the noise is normal. I'm disappointed the Tech i got told me to live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by aj_cemprola View Post
    I agree, but in my case i'm pretty sure its not normal. Plenty of other people on WRX forums have had the squeaking clutch/throw out bearing issue and they've had dealers replace the parts that needed addressing. I guess it is up to the Tech whether or not the noise is normal. I'm disappointed the Tech i got told me to live with it.
    Mine used to squeak...then it stopped....
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    Mine used to squeak...then it stopped....
    That might not be a bad or good thing, but I don't like hearing its "normal". It may be, and probably is, harmless.

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    2 options, either get the dealer to own up to it, oooooor, file a claim on your insurance. If you have a good insurance company, they'd go after the dealership for the cost of the damages. If you have a good company, they have good lawyers on retainer and special investigation units to take care of situations exactly like this.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast