Can this be bad?

This is a discussion on Can this be bad? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I just took in my car for a 30k service and they found that i did not have a ...

Can this be bad?

So I just took in my car for a 30k service and they found that i did not have a dipstick for my transmission. Before this, I had work done by another subaru dealership to fix a bad throwout bearing. They replaced the bearing along with the clutch and flywheel.

How bad can it be to be driving around without a transmission dipstick in my car? The dealer said it's not that bad, but I dont like the idea of having something exposed. Of course, they promised to order the part a.s.a.p. but it's almost a week later.

I feel like the dealer's just out to frustrate me. Maybe they like being talked down to in order to get things going. I dont know.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

There should not be a problem with that. If you want you could always plug the tube just to be sure. A replacement will of course be needed, you have to be able to check on both level and looks of the oil. But missing for a limited time should be ok.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Cool man! Thanks for the reply. Just wanted some insight to make me feel a little bit better. I just don't like the idea of something being exposed whether it be a short or long period of time.

I Support ClubWRX
    It shouldn't be too much of an issue. Unlike the engine oil dipstick, the factory transmission dipstick doesn't have any sort of screw or o-ring seal, so it's just a dust cap, if anything. Unless you're doing barrel rolls, it isn't going to leak any fluid. Just hold off on the rally stages till the part comes in.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth