So this is what happens when an oncoming car does not yield to you.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on So this is what happens when an oncoming car does not yield to you. within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; First and foremost, my passenger and I are fine. Some bumps, bruises, and rash from the airbags deploying. Driving on ...

So this is what happens when an oncoming car does not yield to you.

First and foremost, my passenger and I are fine. Some bumps, bruises, and rash from the airbags deploying.

Driving on a Tuesday night, an oncoming car was making a left and did not yield to us, we were driving straight through the intersection. Seems like she wasn't paying attention at all. She had a large Chevy Silverado. The WRX took the hit nicely, kept us alive.

Please always wear your seatbelt and be safe.

Now to deal with the insurance thing. argh!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WRX_02.jpg 
Views:	357 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	114992

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wow..

I Support ClubWRX
    Glad you both are ok! This picture speaks volumes for Subaru's safety. If she had a Silverado, and even with brakes applied, that's a big truck and traveling at 20+ mph, that can still mess you up. Kudos to Subaru for making safe cars and kudos to you for taking pictures for insurance. Lots of people forget to do that. Good luck.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

Wow...hate to see these but super glad everyone is OK. Hope everything works out for you.
    Ray
    2013 WRX Limited ISM
    2003 WRX Wagon (sold)
    2013 BMW X5 Diesel

I Support ClubWRX
    Glad you're alright...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I am glad you guys are ok! and sorry for the car but now you have an excuse to buy STI.

I Support ClubWRX
    Glad everyone involved is okay.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Glad you all are OK.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

Glad you're ok, they make more WRX's everyday. Was the other driver ticketed?

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

McDonalds..

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Bummer, subarus ARE safe. Glad everyone is ok.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

the police on the scene said "they don't determine the fault", but then he followed it up by saying "but she should've yielded to oncoming traffic", what sucks is nowhere on the report is anything written. So I took pics, went back today to film the light patterns from the other driver's perspective (overkill right?, heh!)

Quote Originally Posted by directrix View Post
    the police on the scene said "they don't determine the fault", but then he followed it up by saying "but she should've yielded to oncoming traffic", what sucks is nowhere on the report is anything written. So I took pics, went back today to film the light patterns from the other driver's perspective (overkill right?, heh!)
    I don't want to spook you, but you could have a mess on your hands if it's left up to insurance to determine fault. I learned a while back that even ticketing does not indicate fault. I was hit by an uninsured, unlicensed driver who made an improper right hand turn into the far lane. She was ticketed for multiple issues, but the insurance companies didn't agree on who was at fault, and it's been in arbitration for 19 months. I've paid for everything even though she was ticketed (and is at fault). FWIW, I'm insured with Geico, the car she was driving was covered by a small and shady insurance company from Florida. Geico has been great to deal with (only paid my deductible, no increase in premiums at all) but I'm still out $500.

I really encourage you to spend a lot of time on the phone to get things moving quickly. I let things mellow out expecting Geico to put pressure on the other insurance company, and am still trying to get my money back. Best of luck.

wow, glad you guys are alright

Quote Originally Posted by mcdbrendan View Post
    I don't want to spook you, but you could have a mess on your hands if it's left up to insurance to determine fault. I learned a while back that even ticketing does not indicate fault. I was hit by an uninsured, unlicensed driver who made an improper right hand turn into the far lane. She was ticketed for multiple issues, but the insurance companies didn't agree on who was at fault, and it's been in arbitration for 19 months. I've paid for everything even though she was ticketed (and is at fault). FWIW, I'm insured with Geico, the car she was driving was covered by a small and shady insurance company from Florida. Geico has been great to deal with (only paid my deductible, no increase in premiums at all) but I'm still out $500.

I really encourage you to spend a lot of time on the phone to get things moving quickly. I let things mellow out expecting Geico to put pressure on the other insurance company, and am still trying to get my money back. Best of luck.
    Thanks for this information. Yeah I got the balling rolling ASAP, the accident was at 9:14 PM and I had a claim in by 10:30 PM. I also verified through her insurance if she had filed a claim already. She has insurance through a pretty big company, so hopefully that helps in moving the process along.

Just frustrated is all, it's been a crazy year for me and this just adds another layer to it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast