So this is what happens when an oncoming car does not yield to you. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on So this is what happens when an oncoming car does not yield to you. within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just wanted to give you all an update. Got off the phone with the insurance company, the girl who ...

I just wanted to give you all an update. Got off the phone with the insurance company, the girl who hit me takes full responsibility and is found at fault.

At least some good news!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by directrix View Post
    I just wanted to give you all an update. Got off the phone with the insurance company, the girl who hit me takes full responsibility and is found at fault.

At least some good news!
    Great news, that makes the rest of the process a piece of cake. Phew, even I was stressing a little bit!

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdbrendan View Post
    I don't want to spook you, but you could have a mess on your hands if it's left up to insurance to determine fault. I learned a while back that even ticketing does not indicate fault. I was hit by an uninsured, unlicensed driver who made an improper right hand turn into the far lane. She was ticketed for multiple issues, but the insurance companies didn't agree on who was at fault, and it's been in arbitration for 19 months. I've paid for everything even though she was ticketed (and is at fault). FWIW, I'm insured with Geico, the car she was driving was covered by a small and shady insurance company from Florida. Geico has been great to deal with (only paid my deductible, no increase in premiums at all) but I'm still out $500.

I really encourage you to spend a lot of time on the phone to get things moving quickly. I let things mellow out expecting Geico to put pressure on the other insurance company, and am still trying to get my money back. Best of luck.
    This depends on the company and the adjusters working for that company. If the company is large enough to have some sort of investigation team, they will always send them out to determine fault if fault is not indicated by police report or other insurance company. Depending on how good of a company they are, if they determine that you aren't at fault at all, they will take the other company into arbitration if fault is not admitted. If you do your fact collecting and you're company is good at doing their job, it shouldn't be a problem and they will always back you if you're not at fault. Hell, they'll back you a lot of the time even if you are at fault. It's the small companies that try to not pay out on anything that are a pain to deal with.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I Support ClubWRX

At least some good news!
    Glad to hear, and glad everyone is safe. It should be smooth sailing now. When my car was hit, the other driver's insurance admitted fault the next day, and had a local rental car reserved and ready for pick up that same day. I drove the rental around for a month, then picked up my car from the body shop. The only thing I had to do was sign a form so the body shop could get paid.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I Support ClubWRX

Glad you're ok too of course, that was one heck of a dent!
    -Stephanie 2004 WRB WRX | Blobeye Syndicate Member #104
    "I can't see the Shoopster from here; I'll wait for you outside."
    Shoopsterbuild 2.1: Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster. Now with premium 'menu' option!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoopster View Post

Glad you're ok too of course, that was one heck of a dent!
    It'll buff out.

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Glad they found the other party at fault and everyone's safe! Is the car okay? or considered totaled?

Quote Originally Posted by jayx View Post
    Glad they found the other party at fault and everyone's safe! Is the car okay? or considered totaled?
    They're sending an adjuster. The body shop I took it to, which I trust, said it's most likely totaled. I made a call to my dealer, there is one hatch coming to their dealership, so I put my name down. I hope it all works out.

I Support ClubWRX
    They're sending an adjuster. The body shop I took it to, which I trust, said it's most likely totaled. I made a call to my dealer, there is one hatch coming to their dealership, so I put my name down. I hope it all works out.
    Appraiser. Adjuster is a completely different position.

Another update: Heard from the appraiser, the damages are extensive. All the pullies inside the bay are broken, dash and instrument gauge needs replacement, possible frame damage, seats need replacement, turbo is gone, plus multiple other items. Appraiser needs to send the car to the local Subaru dealership because he needs to list the exact damage done to the motor. Seems like a total loss, will know for sure hopefully in the next couple days.

According to him, since the impact was with a truck which was higher in stance, it went over one of the bumper supports, barely knicked it actually.

glad for eveybody being safe! and the bumper support is the last thing id worry about. if the motor is creamed back that hard that could have bent stuff all the way back to the rear diff via driveshaft. just say'n. like to get ya a new car!

all the broken stuff on the inside means the saftey gear did its job right and you and yours are ok. great to know, sad for car!

I Support ClubWRX
    Hopefully your insurance'll cover a new one and then it'll be a total win
    -Stephanie 2004 WRB WRX | Blobeye Syndicate Member #104
    "I can't see the Shoopster from here; I'll wait for you outside."
    Shoopsterbuild 2.1: Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster. Now with premium 'menu' option!

wow, glad youre ok
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

Another Update as of 7-26: So my appraiser suggests that the car is repairable, even after mentioning that some of the frame had bowing and what not. Subaru said the motor was fine. He also told me fair market value for my vehicle is $30k, which I have no idea how they get this number. Basically I called my insurance, told them that I don't feel comfortable in a vehicle after the appraiser tells me about the frame.

So after a while of being on the phone, now I got another appraiser to go out there from the insurance company of the at fault driver. See what they say, according to the people I spoke to, every company has different standards for totaling out a vehicle.

This has gotten really frustrating, anyone here dealt with something like this that can offer some advice?

Haven't ever had to deal with it but I would stand my gound. I wouldn't drive it again. When push comes to shove I would also tell them if they aren't willing to do whats right and total it out then I will be more than willing to place a few ads in some very big newspapers with a heads up that such and such insurance company is more worried about their money than their customers safety...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast