Subaru WRX Forum banner

ac=SLOW.

3K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  tirerob 
#1 ·
ok, it is 99 degrees today. 92%humidity from the downpour last night. turned my ac on and hit a wall of slow. it feels like someone is jabbing the brakes coasting into the house in second gear at 20-25 ish. normal? it does cool well(lots of ac work done by past owner) but the compressor just hammers the power. as a sidenote, i purchased the car in november and this is the first time ive Needed the ac. too damm hot to roll the windows down like i have been.

spoiled i guess. never had ac before lol. (in my car that is)

#5 ·
yup im not pushing it at all. in fact my new mod money just got diverted into a rear cargo window. has the tell tale signs of a rock strike from a atv that went barreling through just a few minutes ago. neighborhood kid going way too fast without a helmet kicking up stuff. didnt even see the broken window till just now. going over to have a chat with his parents. i might not get a new window, but that kids going to get a few riding tips from me tonight!

#7 ·
Yah anything I might have said kinda went unnecessary. The kid(8) wasnt supposed to be on the four wheeler at all. Parents were more pissed he was riding and without helmet. Me too. They don't have a ton of money either so I'm now looking for a used window lol. I'm not going to report this. My insurance won't cover it I don't think and the kid doesn't need a cop...just a grounding(served. For a year. Ouch) his parents did offer to cover the cost of window and install so were good. He doesn't know bit later this summer I am teaching him how to ride properly and safely. Part of the grounding lol

#8 ·
Maybe I am but that's OK. Kids safe and I have a possibility of repayment. I think I handled it OK. I am too old to go off yelling at anyone and I was riding like that when I was his age too. Probably just as stupid too lol.

#12 ·
It's kind of like a saying. Have you ever said to a friend "hey remember that guy who [insert action here]"
Oh, you mean like, "Remember that guy when I busted his car's window and he didn't say sh*t? What a sucker!"

#13 ·
youre that guy
I can see you are not a parent. Being 'that guy' in this situation is the only way to go. 8yr old driving a powerful death machine without permission, supervision, or safety gear is bad juju. As much as that kid hates the punishment, the OP very well could have just saved that kid's life or a few broken bones. The fact that he is also going to teach the kid how to ride later this year is awesome sauce. Besides, while you can look the other way if you just happen to see a kid do something dumb, that window is not cheap, and OP should not have to pay for it and keep quiet too. Yes, it was an accident, but it should not cost the OP 100% of the repair cost out of his pocket.

#15 · (Edited)
Forget about being 'that guy'. Ryan I heard u bitching and whiping ever little drop of sweat that dripped off me onto your car the other day while installing your downpipe hahahaha bottom line. If my car was parked in its usual spot where I park it at my house, and 'the neighborhood' kid got close enough to not only hit it with a roostertail rock, but hard enough to shatter a window..... I'd gouge some paint off underneath the window with a flat head screwdriver and also request to have the car re-painted. Then somehow get at the quad. I'm sorry, but being a kid who's parents wouldn't let me own a quad because they were too dangerous, and I would take care of it and yes there is still a danger factor, but then u got d-bags doing dangerous stuff close to people's expensive investments without proper safety gear in an area where you cannot ride..... I'd probably get some urine in his gas tank, in one way or another. But if you're a little older and don't wanna ruin the kids atv, you could go with the old gas tank lid trick... unscrew it, screw it on slightly off centered, and screw it down, as he rides it will slowly leak out and get all over that particular area...... wow will he be havin a bad rest of the day/night once his pants get saturated and he notices. I've seen my buddies do it to our friends a few times up-state hahaha

EDIT: not to mention, when I got in trouble I'd learn my lesson and would very shortly after the punishment move on with life, it'll suck while hes punished, but the dumb kid will survive and get over it... lol

#16 ·
Forget about being 'that guy'. Ryan I heard u bitching and whiping ever little drop of sweat that dripped off me onto your car the other day while installing your downpipe hahahaha bottom line. If my car was parked in its usual spot where I park it at my house, and 'the neighborhood' kid got close enough to not only hit it with a roostertail rock, but hard enough to shatter a window..... I'd gouge some paint off underneath the window with a flat head screwdriver and also request to have the car re-painted. Then somehow get at the quad. I'm sorry, but being a kid who's parents wouldn't let me own a quad because they were too dangerous, and I would take care of it and yes there is still a danger factor, but then u got d-bags doing dangerous stuff close to people's expensive investments without proper safety gear in an area where you cannot ride..... I'd probably get some urine in his gas tank, in one way or another. But if you're a little older and don't wanna ruin the kids atv, you could go with the old gas tank lid trick... unscrew it, screw it on slightly off centered, and screw it down, as he rides it will slowly leak out and get all over that particular area...... wow will he be havin a bad rest of the day/night once his paint get saturated and he notices. I've seen my buddies do it to our friends a few times up-state hahaha

EDIT: not to mention, when I got in trouble I'd learn my lesson and would very shortly after the punishment move on with life, it'll suck while hes punished, but the dumb kid will survive and get over it... lol
I just had to quote this so that it's here forever.

#21 ·
Close enough for the weather. I live five minutes from the north Dakota border into Montana. So I get Minnesota winters and either Nevada or Guam ( humid, like this week with the rain) summers. I'd rather have Nevada back, the dry heat was soo much better lol

#19 ·
DemonWRX said:
I can see you are not a parent. Being 'that guy' in this situation is the only way to go. 8yr old driving a powerful death machine without permission, supervision, or safety gear is bad juju. As much as that kid hates the punishment, the OP very well could have just saved that kid's life or a few broken bones. The fact that he is also going to teach the kid how to ride later this year is awesome sauce. Besides, while you can look the other way if you just happen to see a kid do something dumb, that window is not cheap, and OP should not have to pay for it and keep quiet too. Yes, it was an accident, but it should not cost the OP 100% of the repair cost out of his pocket.
As well as teaching the child to own up to his mistakes.

Mike193 said:
If my car was parked in its usual spot where I park it at my house, and 'the neighborhood' kid got close enough to not only hit it with a roostertail rock, but hard enough to shatter a window..... I'd gouge some paint off underneath the window with a flat head screwdriver and also request to have the car re-painted.
And if the person told you to go pound sand, you'd have a broken window and a damaged body panel. At which point, you'd have to go through insurance (most states would allow you to go after the party for the deductible, if any). Then, you either deal with a messed up body panel or commit a felony by falsifying an insurance claim.

#20 ·
As well as teaching the child to own up to his mistakes.

And if the person told you to go pound sand, you'd have a broken window and a damaged body panel. At which point, you'd have to go through insurance (most states would allow you to go after the party for the deductible, if any). Then, you either deal with a messed up body panel or commit a felony by falsifying an insurance claim.
I was of course just exaggerating, besides even if they covered to paint the scratch, chances are it would only be that one body panel not the entire car haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.