ac=SLOW. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on ac=SLOW. within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Mike193 Forget about being 'that guy'. Ryan I heard u bitching and whiping ever little drop of ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    Forget about being 'that guy'. Ryan I heard u bitching and whiping ever little drop of sweat that dripped off me onto your car the other day while installing your downpipe hahahaha bottom line. If my car was parked in its usual spot where I park it at my house, and 'the neighborhood' kid got close enough to not only hit it with a roostertail rock, but hard enough to shatter a window..... I'd gouge some paint off underneath the window with a flat head screwdriver and also request to have the car re-painted. Then somehow get at the quad. I'm sorry, but being a kid who's parents wouldn't let me own a quad because they were too dangerous, and I would take care of it and yes there is still a danger factor, but then u got d-bags doing dangerous stuff close to people's expensive investments without proper safety gear in an area where you cannot ride..... I'd probably get some urine in his gas tank, in one way or another. But if you're a little older and don't wanna ruin the kids atv, you could go with the old gas tank lid trick... unscrew it, screw it on slightly off centered, and screw it down, as he rides it will slowly leak out and get all over that particular area...... wow will he be havin a bad rest of the day/night once his paint get saturated and he notices. I've seen my buddies do it to our friends a few times up-state hahaha

EDIT: not to mention, when I got in trouble I'd learn my lesson and would very shortly after the punishment move on with life, it'll suck while hes punished, but the dumb kid will survive and get over it... lol
    I just had to quote this so that it's here forever.
    -Stephanie 2004 WRB WRX | Blobeye Syndicate Member #104
    "I can't see the Shoopster from here; I'll wait for you outside."
    Shoopsterbuild 2.1: Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster. Now with premium 'menu' option!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Lolz^ But yeah this jersey heat and humidity means no spooling for me
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tirerob View Post
    ok, it is 99 degrees today. 92%humidity from the downpour last night. turned my ac on and hit a wall of slow. it feels like someone is jabbing the brakes coasting into the house in second gear at 20-25 ish. normal? it does cool well(lots of ac work done by past owner) but the compressor just hammers the power. as a sidenote, i purchased the car in november and this is the first time ive Needed the ac. too damm hot to roll the windows down like i have been.

spoiled i guess. never had ac before lol. (in my car that is)
    Rob, don't you live in Minnesota? I hear it never gets above 30 degrees Fahrenheit up there. No need for AC =P
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonWRX
    I can see you are not a parent. Being 'that guy' in this situation is the only way to go. 8yr old driving a powerful death machine without permission, supervision, or safety gear is bad juju. As much as that kid hates the punishment, the OP very well could have just saved that kid's life or a few broken bones. The fact that he is also going to teach the kid how to ride later this year is awesome sauce. Besides, while you can look the other way if you just happen to see a kid do something dumb, that window is not cheap, and OP should not have to pay for it and keep quiet too. Yes, it was an accident, but it should not cost the OP 100% of the repair cost out of his pocket.
    As well as teaching the child to own up to his mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike193
    If my car was parked in its usual spot where I park it at my house, and 'the neighborhood' kid got close enough to not only hit it with a roostertail rock, but hard enough to shatter a window..... I'd gouge some paint off underneath the window with a flat head screwdriver and also request to have the car re-painted.
    And if the person told you to go pound sand, you'd have a broken window and a damaged body panel. At which point, you'd have to go through insurance (most states would allow you to go after the party for the deductible, if any). Then, you either deal with a messed up body panel or commit a felony by falsifying an insurance claim.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    As well as teaching the child to own up to his mistakes.

And if the person told you to go pound sand, you'd have a broken window and a damaged body panel. At which point, you'd have to go through insurance (most states would allow you to go after the party for the deductible, if any). Then, you either deal with a messed up body panel or commit a felony by falsifying an insurance claim.
    I was of course just exaggerating, besides even if they covered to paint the scratch, chances are it would only be that one body panel not the entire car haha

Quote Originally Posted by ShiftingLanes View Post
    Rob, don't you live in Minnesota? I hear it never gets above 30 degrees Fahrenheit up there. No need for AC =P
    Close enough for the weather. I live five minutes from the north Dakota border into Montana. So I get Minnesota winters and either Nevada or Guam ( humid, like this week with the rain) summers. I'd rather have Nevada back, the dry heat was soo much better lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12