What is the value of 2003 Impreza WRX

This is a discussion on What is the value of 2003 Impreza WRX within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello Folks, I live in Dublin, Ireland. Would anyone know how to get the 'book' value of a 2003 Impreza ...

What is the value of 2003 Impreza WRX

Hello Folks,

I live in Dublin, Ireland. Would anyone know how to get the 'book' value of a 2003 Impreza WRX (saloon)? I bought it 1 year ago and I love it! But someone ran into the back of her the other day (other party has admitted liability, so that's cool). The damage is bumper, skirt, boot lid, lights, tip of exchaust. But the official Subaru quote is 4,200. I think the car is worth about 4,700 (but it could be more). It has a number of extras like: Prodrive suspension, a Differential, Dump Value and STI Spoiler & Skirt. I obviously want to keep it and get it fixed right, but waiting on Insurance Company to come back with something official. I checked VRT online, but it doesn't have the exact model.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get this car valued?

Any help in the Dublin area would be great.

Cheers
    Conor

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Unless you reported all your modifications to the insurance company prior to the accident, than they add absolutely no value to the car for the purposes of insurance repair or payout.

That means the value is whatever the blue book value of that car is in your country. This is the best I could find for Ireland specific:

How much is my car worth - Car Valuations Ireland | Valuation

Found another Ireland site with valuations: Used Subaru Impreza 2003 average price?

Thanks very much SpawnedX for the info. On Used Cars for Sale in Ireland - BeepBeep.ie | Checkvrm it only lists a Subaru Impreza as €4,214. Not sure if that's correct, as it's a WRX. That's good advise on the extras on the car..

This one advertised is similar spec (good guideline) of a 2002 for €4,950 with 106,000 miles: Subaru Impreza Impreza 2002, car for sale in Cork on CBG.ie

Based on that. A 2003 with 96,000 miles, should be over €5,000. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction SpawnedX. Appreciate your help.

I think that price sounds correct, as the second link I provided seems to only value non-WRX models and it is significantly less than the value you got from BeepBeep.ie. Of course BeepBeep.ie seems to only give you a median price based on what similar vehicles sell for.

For reference 4,214.00 euros is about 5500.00 US. Looks like the WRX is worth less on resale there.

The thing is in Ireland (what I found anyhow) is that WRX around the 5k - 7k mark is hard enough to get (in the color you want anyhow). I spent nearly 12 months just keeping an eye out for one that was hot looking and good value. Course I'd love to get a new STi... who wouldn't, be couldn't afford to Insurance it. It would cost me at least €1,800 - €2,200 just to insure it... In Ireland the government like to make sure that your average Joe Soap can't afford to drive a 3.0 Litre car. Example: A 3.0 Litre car costs €1,850 to TAX for 1 year. Insurance would be sky high and the cost of a Litre of petrol is about the same as a gallon of petrol in USA.

Have you asked the insurance company on what they value your car at? I doubt they go by Subaru's quote.

I should get a call tomorrow from 'his' insurance company. But that's a thought... I'll ring my insurance company and ask them what they value it as.