22 hours into owning the car..
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 22 hours into owning the car.. within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just want to share my first official day of owning this car, it was a day to remember.. WARNING, pictures ...

Registered User mikal52waltincec's Avatar

Red face 22 hours into owning the car..

Just want to share my first official day of owning this car, it was a day to remember.. WARNING, pictures are graphic

So I finally purchased the car and drove it off the lot at 12:30pm this past Saturday. The following Sunday I was driving to the lake for my niece's birthday party. Had the cruise control on, enjoying my drive in my brand new car and a dog decided to ruin my day (and the dog's as well I'm sure) and ran onto the highway right in front of me. I hit the dog of course and I checked my mirrors to see where the dog rolled out and if it was still alive and on the road and I didn't see anything. I pulled the car over to see the damage it did and saw that the dog was inside the car! She was standing on the plastic undercarriage cover thing in between the bumper and the radiator (pics below)! I kinda freaked out and wasn't too sure what to do with a live dog stuck inside my car, so I called the sheriff's office and they came to check it out and he proceeded to call animal control AND the firemen so that they could cut my bumper in half and then animal control could grab it in case it was mad and wanted to bite someone. So we got tired of waiting for them to arrive so he took out a little saw he had on his knife and proceeded to cut a couple pieces off of the bumper to slide the dog out. The dog had a cut on its side so there was a bit of blood, when it got out of the car it walked around and went and laid down by the side of the road. It looked like it was about a 30lb dog, the bumper is completely gone, the assembly that holds the radiator and the headlights got bent in so that the radiator is about an inch or less away from the engine now and the headlights point about 10ft in front of the car. The car still runs amazingly, I still love driving it even with a busted bumper Can't wait to get it fixed and brand new again. So while the deputy was cutting my bumper up, a firework stand about half a mile down the road caught on fire and the fireworks were all starting to blow up, so the deputy left me without writing a case or a report or anything for me to give the insurance company (luckily Geico isn't requiring me to have one). So I finally made it to the lake with my friend and his two jet skis. We get the jet skis in the water and discover one of them is sinking! We put the trailer back in the water and try to drive the ski onto it to drain the water and realize the steering cable has come loose, so every time I hit the throttle I go in a nice circle to the left. His ski was working, for the time, and he went out on the lake to give it a good run. While he was out there one of the spark plugs fouls and he's stuck in the middle of the lake for a few hours. We finally make it back and go home. Day complete. If you made it through this post, thanks for listening!
    Last edited by mikal52waltincec; 07-01-2013 at 05:45 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I forgot the pic, sorry. I've been on hold on the phone half the day talking back and forth with half the Geico staff and the dealership (forgot to mention they forgot to get my down payment when I was there).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0335.jpg 
Views:	398 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	114750Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0336.jpg 
Views:	384 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	114751

dude....that's graphic. Sorry that happened...but that's a ****ed up picture. But the dog is still alive???? WTF?

That's insane.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    How on earth did that dog get in there? I understand a Chihuahua. But a dog that big got through the undertray?

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Yeah, the dog walked off like nothing much happened. She was the right height so her body was level with the opening on lower part of the bumper, clipped her legs and she fell through it, probably the only reason she survived the hit.

I Support ClubWRX
    WTF. that doesnt sound good that the dog went to lay down. I looks like the center pillar on the lower area could have snapped and the dog go up that way but WTF that's crazy. Were you able to get in touch with the dogs owner to keep updated?
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    WTF. that doesnt sound good that the dog went to lay down. I looks like the center pillar on the lower area could have snapped and the dog go up that way but WTF that's crazy. Were you able to get in touch with the dogs owner to keep updated?
    Yeah, that's how it happened. Got a hold of the owner and they didn't seem to really want to take responsibility or take the dog back. Sent his brother-in-law to check and he acted like he had never seen the dog before.

Quote Originally Posted by mikal52waltincec View Post
    Yeah, that's how it happened. Got a hold of the owner and they didn't seem to really want to take responsibility or take the dog back. Sent his brother-in-law to check and he acted like he had never seen the dog before.
    Glad you're ok, obviously...but I hate owners that are like that towards their pets. You shoulda just took the dog as your own
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Sorry about your car.

Quote Originally Posted by mikal52waltincec
    Got a hold of the owner and they didn't seem to really want to take responsibility or take the dog back. Sent his brother-in-law to check and he acted like he had never seen the dog before.
    ****tards...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    oh jeez. that is absolutely insane. i'm so glad the dog is okay (and you too!). sucks about the car but i'm an animal lover so i couldnt imagine if things turned out worse for the poor pup

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Sorry about your car.

****tards...
    This.

So did the owners take the dog back or did animal control take it? Sure hope he/she's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Soobvirgin View Post
    This.

So did the owners take the dog back or did animal control take it? Sure hope he/she's ok.
    100% agree with y'all. We saw where the guy went, because he walked over to us and the guy I called gave us his address, so the animal control officer picked up the dog and said they were going to take her to their house. After that I don't know what happened with her, I like to think her real owners took her to the vet and got her taken care of.

That first picture is just...wow.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mikal52waltincec
    100% agree with y'all. We saw where the guy went, because he walked over to us and the guy I called gave us his address, so the animal control officer picked up the dog and said they were going to take her to their house. After that I don't know what happened with her, I like to think her real owners took her to the vet and got her taken care of.
    Hope so...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

That is absolutely insane. I've heard people catch bird with their hood scoop but a dog WOW just unreal. I am glad that everyone is ok and alive.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.