Too old to drive the car? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Too old to drive the car? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Drews I stopped waving....

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    I stopped waving.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I resemble this thread Gray hair, overweight, and listen to Rock music (none of that Top 40 stuff).

Ride multiple motorcycles, commute everyday on a Ninja to work. Drive a new WRX with Stage 2, Nameless exhaust, and just installed Sparco seats. Stereo types are becoming less and less these days. My wife, a year older than me, loves driving the WRX after I made the mods to it. Have to hide the keys when I'm at work...

Quote Originally Posted by Ingo View Post
    Moral: only women get too old to drive a WRX, guys never get too old!
    I object...I am in my 40's and I get lots of kisses blown at me, smiles and waves in my WREX, especially from 19 year "boys"

What's 40, after all? It's the new 20's...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

I Support ClubWRX
    Age is crazily subjective. At my engineering school, where the average time to complete your degree was 5 years, those who had been there past 4 were inducted into the "Older Than Dirt Club", in my circle of friends. We were 22, but seemed like old guys, next to the freshmen. Now, 22-year-olds mostly look like middle-school kids, to me.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You can never typecast a wrx owner young or old,we are a diverse group,that's the beauty of it.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

^ and that's the gospel. . .
    My wife still gets to drive the WRX... it's just because she brought up the "you're too old" when I told her that this is what I wanted. I'll NEVAR forgive that!

Even those who drive these things regularly start to have age anxiety apparently......

2013 Subaru WRX STI Special Edition Quick Spin - Autoblog
    - Dave

2012 pbp WRX premium

you must be struttin too dang much
    Not safe for work!

Struttin' - YouTube
    Last edited by SD_GR; 06-08-2013 at 12:43 PM.
    2012 WRX PremmiumStock ...for now
    1987 Turbo Regal.....Too many Mods

Maybe he wanted a ride? Either way you should have just slapped him right on his stupid throat, then say "you know why!"

Quote Originally Posted by RySTI View Post
    I'm a 19 year old boy...
    ^ you don't know just how much I'm itching to jump on that... I'll restrain myself for once.

Something like: "Wisdom comes from experience and that in turn comes from mistakes..."

Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar
    It's when Papa buys a teenager their fast car that spurs problems. I have an issue with people automatically assuming young adults are going to be hard on their cars and drive them like asshats. I find that when someone buys their own car and works for it, far less stupid decisions are made. The fact that you're steadily thinking about how you're gonna have to work for another 4 months to pay off the repair bill tends to scare off rash decisions. I agree that it's good to warn people without experience, but as a 16 year old who has done a ton of saving to buy his WRX, I can attest to being assaulted with "have fun crashing your ricer, you idiot teenager" comments that aren't encouraging at all.

However, judging from a quick look at RySTi's profile and recent comments, your reply is completely justified. I just want to spread the knowledge that not all teenagers with sporty cars are idiots.
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

Bugeye Mafia Member #419

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Subaru-Mopar-Luv View Post
    It's when Papa buys a teenager their fast car that spurs problems. I have an issue with people automatically assuming young adults are going to be hard on their cars and drive them like asshats. I find that when someone buys their own car and works for it, far less stupid decisions are made. The fact that you're steadily thinking about how you're gonna have to work for another 4 months to pay off the repair bill tends to scare off rash decisions. I agree that it's good to warn people without experience, but as a 16 year old who has done a ton of saving to buy his WRX, I can attest to being assaulted with "have fun crashing your ricer, you idiot teenager" comments that aren't encouraging at all.

However, judging from a quick look at RySTi's profile and recent comments, your reply is completely justified. I just want to spread the knowledge that not all teenagers with sporty cars are idiots.
    I wouldn't say that all teenagers are idiots. But they do get the stigma because they really do not know any better. Teenagers are just plagued by inexperience because they are truly ignorant. It's no fault of their own. If they save up to buy their own car, that's great, but that doesn't make them great drivers. They may respect and maintain their car better than someone who was handed a car by their parents, but you can't coach experience.

CN: I think teenagers are idiots because I was an idiot teenager.

Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar
    Fair enough! And I also agree with the lack of experience leading to trouble. It's the "let's max out your car on a public road" decisions that I see leading to accidents and deaths that all stem from someone being handed a car and having a lack of respect for it. At least in my experience with my high school. But everyone must make mistakes and learn from them in order to become wiser. Same thing goes for driving.

Basically the only reason I went on that rant was because I am an ignorant teenager who is trying not to look ignorant. I'm at the Pontiac Fierro Ferrari replica stage in my years, I guess. I can try to cover up the fact that I'm a stupid teenager with a red F40 body kit, but underneath, I am still a daft, undeveloped 4 cylinder that couldn't beat a dead frog in a race.
    Last edited by Subaru-Mopar-Luv; 06-28-2013 at 02:58 PM. Reason: splelign
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

Bugeye Mafia Member #419

Quote Originally Posted by Subaru-Mopar-Luv View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    I wouldn't say that all teenagers are idiots. But they do get the stigma because they really do not know any better. Teenagers are just plagued by inexperience because they are truly ignorant. It's no fault of their own. If they save up to buy their own car, that's great, but that doesn't make them great drivers. They may respect and maintain their car better than someone who was handed a car by their parents, but you can't coach experience.

CN: I think teenagers are idiots because I was an idiot teenager.
    Both good posts here...until Mopar man mentioned he was 16, I had forgot. *****, you still are an idiot teenager
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.