Random Thoughts and A Couple of Qs Re: your 2013 WRX
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Random Thoughts and A Couple of Qs Re: your 2013 WRX within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Coming off the highway in 5th @ 55-65 MPH and going down the exit ramp to a stoplight...do you downshift ...

Random Thoughts and A Couple of Qs Re: your 2013 WRX

Coming off the highway in 5th @ 55-65 MPH and going down the exit ramp to a stoplight...do you downshift through all the gears to 2nd, to coast to a stop, or do you pop it into neutral and use your brakes to decelerate -vs- using the engine, transmission, and clutch to slow down?

Our temp selector has it's lowest setting at 65, you can click it one spot lower...with AUTO disengaged on both the fan and vent selectors, does this activate anything?. I notice more colder air blows out all the vents when I click the temp selector to it's lowest setting...the A/C indicator does not come on.

Stock: How often do you find the need to tighten the two air box/intake clamps?

Our Sound System sucks...that's a given...how do you like your Bluetooth connection...especially if you have a DROID smartphone?

Driver Seat Belt occasionally gets caught in it's tracker...when pulling it down to engage...or letting it go to disengage (gets tangled up)

And of course...we still the need to occasionally do the reverse dance....

Any other quirks you 2013 WRX owners have?

I'm explaining, not complaining...my 2013 WRX always puts a smile on my face every time I take her out of the garage for a drive!
    Last edited by pmacey; 05-07-2013 at 01:12 PM.
    -MACE-
    *HAVE YOU HAD YOUR WRX TODAY!*

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I leave it in whatever gear it was in and use the brakes to slow down until ~1000 rpm and then put it in neutral until the light is about to turn green. AFAIK this yields the best average MPG.

I have noticed that its more like a temp dial, if its not seated below 65 its always adding some amount of heat to the air.

Never had the need to take one off?

I use an android and I love being able to use the bluetooth for music and phone calls. It never displays the track information though, always 0:00 or sometimes it just says PAUSE.

I've noticed if it put it on too fast it'll get stuck my the inertial lock, but never been tangled up in the tracker/pulley thing.

I've started to pick up that when it won't go in to reverse if you pull it towards the reverse and start letting the clutch out it will pop in to gear without grinding.. kind of counter-intuitive.

Other quirks? The A-Pillar rattles kind of irritate me, I don't mind the rest though. My passenger front speaker also rattles on the 0 bass setting or higher. The air pump is like nails on chalkboard to me when it starts up now that I have a turboback exhaust. The paint scrathes/chips easily blah blah the regular old list of complaints.

End of the day I wouldn't trade it for anything even close to its price range. I hate Ford, but I tested a 2013 GT 5.0 before I got my WRX and I was reminded why I hated owning a Camaro ( not pleasant/comfortable to drive )

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by pmacey View Post
    Coming off the highway in 5th @ 55-65 MPH and going down the exit ramp to a stoplight...do you downshift through all the gears to 2nd, to coast to a stop, or do you pop it into neutral and use your brakes to decelerate -vs- using the engine, transmission, and clutch to slow down?
    Neither, in any car I own. I use the brakes to slow down but the car isn't in neutral until the last moment.

If your gearbox is not sequential there is no reason to go through all the gears either down or up.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Neither, in any car I own. I use the brakes to slow down but the car isn't in neutral until the last moment.

If your gearbox is not sequential there is no reason to go through all the gears either down or up.
    I often go through the gears to slow down, down to 2nd at least, just for the fact that if I needed to accelerate for some reason, probably to avoid something/someone, that I would be in gear with at least some amount of power available. Probably not necessary but it's something I was told when I first learned to drive manual and its stuck with me.

I never knew you could use Bluetooth to play music through your sound system! How do you do that?

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

It drives me crazy that my car charger only charges when the car is running and not all the time. Must fix this

just play music when you r pair with car as you do when dial numbers
    just play music on cell phone and you will hear it on car

Quote Originally Posted by Arani Rey View Post
    Other quirks? The paint scratches/chips easily blah blah the regular old list of complaints.
    +1

Hells yes: you hit a gnat...and it looks like someone shot a insect color paint ball @ your WRX...complete with the white ding you need to repair with SUBARU Touch Up Paint...
    -MACE-
    *HAVE YOU HAD YOUR WRX TODAY!*

Oh I forgot to add something: Windshield. For some reason the high pressure air pocket that forms at the cowl is very weak on our car (I think the hoodscoop causes this). This causes anything that comes your way to hit the windshield.. bugs, rocks, snow, ect. Its like the opposite of putting on a bug deflector.

I'd say using an Impreza sport as a baseline: Hood scoop < Regular hood < Bug deflector.

Quote Originally Posted by pmacey View Post
    +1

Hells yes: you hit a gnat...and it looks like someone shot a insect color paint ball @ your WRX...complete with the white ding you need to repair with SUBARU Touch Up Paint...
    ^^^^^
    The truth! unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by luckyduck View Post
    It drives me crazy that my car charger only charges when the car is running and not all the time. Must fix this
    I definitely wouldn't want it to be powered at all times... if you left anything plugged in overnight you would kill your battery. I plug my radar detector into the power socket and would have to unplug it every night when I get home and replug it every morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Monk_Knight View Post
    I definitely wouldn't want it to be powered at all times... if you left anything plugged in overnight you would kill your battery. I plug my radar detector into the power socket and would have to unplug it every night when I get home and replug it every morning.
    same here i have pluged my radar to the mirror power. also in that case lights will be on if you dont turn them off
    i forget to turn off my head lights almost every night just to realise next day when i cant see my speedo meter brightness

Quote Originally Posted by Monk_Knight View Post
    Not true all my domestic vehicles past and present have a constant 12v in the cigar lighter socket. I usually leave my phone charger plugged in 24/7 with its little red light glowing. Sometimes I use it to charge my phone for 6 hours if its dead when I get to class. Otherwise I went two weeks not even opening the door on my truck to find it still had a fully charged battery. Granted it had the battery from the towing package, but needless to say if you're going to be gone that long just unplug it.

You could pretty easily get a fuse tap to a constant 12v outlet and attach it the positive lead from your cigar lighter socket.

Every vehicle I've owned has had a constant 12v. Never once had a dead battery. I don't think you guys know how much of a small power draw a cell charger draws. Like a watt an hour. You could not drive your car for a week and it would still crank. I will end up doing the fuse tap. Didn't think of that for some reason.

It would take weeks for a phone charger to drain a car battery. You could leave your interior light on for 5 days and should not be a problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast