I need to drive more! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on I need to drive more! within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by RichD514 i need to drive more as well. in 4 days i will have owned my car ...

Quote Originally Posted by RichD514 View Post
    i need to drive more as well. in 4 days i will have owned my car for a year. today i have 3271 miles on it. thats just about an average of 9 miles a day. that also includes a 350 mile road trip
    i wish i had that problem, i have had 2 road trips with my car. cant get those miles back

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by UEDan View Post
    I've been averaging 1000 miles a week lately, no bueno, =/ I envy you.
    holy hell! are you making runs to Tijuana a few times a week to average that?! i average between 400-500 in my van every week and i feel like im always in that damn thing.
    but seriously, when it come to my WRX, the downside to hardly ever driving it is that i still feel as if im just getting to know its ins and outs even after a year. like i still dont 100% trust my mirrors when i change lanes

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    holy hell! are you making runs to Tijuana a few times a week to average that?! i average between 400-500 in my van every week and i feel like im always in that damn thing.
    but seriously, when it come to my WRX, the downside to hardly ever driving it is that i still feel as if im just getting to know its ins and outs even after a year. like i still dont 100% trust my mirrors when i change lanes
    Sell WRX, buy Yugo, Profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Sorry, I'm more of a gremlin kinda guy

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Reading this book:

Got it at the dollar store. Pretty good book. Funny stuff to us car guys. AND it's got a lot of info about Subarus in here because the same guy imported the first Subarus to the USA
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Sorry, I'm more of a gremlin kinda guy
    Now thats just funny.....I was thinking Pacer.
    2013 Ice Silver Premium 5 door - Stage 1 E-Tune

are there no geo metro fans here?

I have 12,000 miles on mine and I just got it last October. Looks like I'll be racking up about 25k a year on this bad boy. Hope it can take it.

Quote Originally Posted by degobah77 View Post
    I have 12,000 miles on mine and I just got it last October. Looks like I'll be racking up about 25k a year on this bad boy. Hope it can take it.

Quote Originally Posted by clt-wrx View Post
    are there no geo metro fans here?
    First car I learned to drive on!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by clt-wrx View Post
    50 mile round trip work commute every day.
    Two 800 mile, one 700 mile and one 500 mile road trip so far...
    My oil change place thinks I'm delivering pizzas up and down the east coast.

Time to let the gf drive...

honestly dude i feel your pain/gain. i just broke the 1 year mark on my 12 wrx and i just hit 17,000. in all honesty though its been the best year of driving that i have ever had. i understand why people want low miles on there cars but a car is meant to be driven not sit in the driveway and looked at. the real gem in my eyes is not a 10 year old car that only has 1,000 miles on it. its a 10 year old car with 300,000 miles on it. you know the owner beat the crap out of it and it kept on going.

That's exactly the problem. I always want to drive it. Oh, we're going to Atlanta next weekend? No need to buy plane tickets, I'll drive! How many miles to Pittsburgh and back? Cool, let's drive!

"I'll drive!"
    "Let's take my car."
    "I don't feel like driving, but let's take mine and you can drive."

It's gotta...stop....soon...

Sounds about right... I've put 65k on my car in the three years I've owned it.

Doesn't really feel like I drive THAT much either... mostly comes from a lot of summer trips and driving up to the mountains 3-4 days a week throughout the winter to ski.

the more miles the better.. one day when gas runs out these sort of cars won't exist

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.