Got my 13 wrx... and it's damaged.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Got my 13 wrx... and it's damaged. within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello, everyone. I've been lurking these forums for years and I finally got my 13 Premium WRX Sedan on Friday. ...

Got my 13 wrx... and it's damaged.

Hello, everyone. I've been lurking these forums for years and I finally got my 13 Premium WRX Sedan on Friday.

The bad news: Yesterday I noticed a deep gouge on the driver side front lip. I couldn't figure out how I had damaged the lip, since I'm used to low to the ground cars (just came from a 350z).

Then I had the bright idea to look at the first picture of the car I ever took, at the dealership lot. Luckily, I noticed the gouge there, but it wasn't as apparent. With the rainy 300 miles I've put on the car, the paint has really peeled off. I emailed my salesman today with the original picture of the scratch, hoping I'll get some results. The gouge looks go be from the car being loaded or unloaded from the car hauler, since it came from Texas to St. Louis.

Do you guys think the dealership will replace the front bumper, even though I didn't discover the damage until after it was off of the lot?

Thanks,
    Zach

Now today:

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hell yeah! You have pretty picture from the lot and should have been caught before you drove off the lot by the dealership. Really not too big of a deal for them to replace it. A new bumper cover is under $400 plus painting. I think they can eat that without too much hassle.

Take that puppy back to the dealer. Have them fix it.

+1 bring it back.. You have all the proof you need!

Thanks, guys. I'm glad I took that picture. I emailed my salesman. I told him to call me tomorrow.

The dealership called me this morning. I'm getting it looked at/fixed next Wednesday, no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ProZach626 View Post
    The dealership called me this morning. I'm getting it looked at/fixed next Wednesday, no problem.
    Don't say "no problem" until it's sitting in your driveway Glad they're sorting it out

Glad to hear they are righting the wrong.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

This happened to my dad and after 3 months of battling he finally got it taken care of.. What happened was that my dad checked the car out before signing the paperwork to assure it was mint (which it was) then afterword while he was doing the paperwork with the finance guy the salesman took it down the street to fill it up.. The jerk bottomed it out and the salesman never told my dad. I noticed the scrape the next day and my father brought the car right back. Long story short, the salesman lost his job and my dad had a $1000 check cut to him. He just ordered a front lip and an invidia q300 so he's pretty stoked!

Id be furious to have to have aftermarket paint on a 300mile car.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd be ecstatic. Anything but factory paint.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    I'd be ecstatic. Anything but factory paint.
    Agreed. The Plasti-Dip on my wheels holds up better.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimJim8804 View Post
    Id be furious to have to have aftermarket paint on a 300mile car.
    I understand. I'm sure a lot of people would be upset over it, but it really doesn't bother me. I went a full day thinking it was my fault, until I checked the picture, so I'm just happy it's going to be taken care of. I was more put out that I had to drive 45 minutes to the dealership and 45 minutes home. At least they gave me a fully loaded Legacy to drive around, while I'm waiting to get mine painted. They are also filling my empty gas tank with gas and tossing in a free oil change.

Quote Originally Posted by ProZach626 View Post
    At least they gave me a fully loaded Legacy to drive around, while I'm waiting to get mine painted. They are also filling my empty gas tank with gas and tossing in a free oil change.
    That's quality customer service if you ask me. Yeah mistakes happen and problems come up. Its what they do to right the wrong that makes the difference in the end. Glad it's worked out alright for you.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

The car went in Wednesday and it was ready on Friday. They fixed the gouged area and repainted the front bumper. I have tried as hard as I can to look and feel for any sign of minor body work, and I can't. Also, the car still smells like new car, and not body shop. I'm pleased.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast