Got my 13 wrx... and it's damaged. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Got my 13 wrx... and it's damaged. within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Delnari Hell yeah! You have pretty picture from the lot and should have been caught before you ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Delnari View Post
    Hell yeah! You have pretty picture from the lot and should have been caught before you drove off the lot by the dealership. Really not too big of a deal for them to replace it. A new bumper cover is under $400 plus painting. I think they can eat that without too much hassle.

For the record, I just got a new front bumper. It was 202 for the unpainted bumper. And 250 to paint and clear coat. Took it home and installed it myself.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Very good service. What dealership was it?

Quote Originally Posted by free2be4ever7 View Post
    For the record, I just got a new front bumper. It was 202 for the unpainted bumper. And 250 to paint and clear coat. Took it home and installed it myself.
    That is a good price. Just might have to do the same next year when I get tired of all the paint chip repairs I have been making to bumper. Wish I would have put the lower lip on when it was new and I would have keep the biggest hits off it.

Quote Originally Posted by ProZach626 View Post
    I understand. I'm sure a lot of people would be upset over it, but it really doesn't bother me. I went a full day thinking it was my fault, until I checked the picture, so I'm just happy it's going to be taken care of. I was more put out that I had to drive 45 minutes to the dealership and 45 minutes home. At least they gave me a fully loaded Legacy to drive around, while I'm waiting to get mine painted. They are also filling my empty gas tank with gas and tossing in a free oil change.
    If you really want to check the paint work. Take photo from the side with it in the sunlight. The camera will catch what the eye doesn't. You might not like what you see. That is how I use to buy used cars so when they say all original parts and nothing replaced or painted the camera tells the truth.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah I'm really happy with how it came out. Color matches really well. I wish I could do a clear bra but I was quoted 3 or 4 hundred dollars. And now it's to late.

Quote Originally Posted by Delnari View Post
    If you really want to check the paint work. Take photo from the side with it in the sunlight. The camera will catch what the eye doesn't. You might not like what you see. That is how I use to buy used cars so when they say all original parts and nothing replaced or painted the camera tells the truth.
    Hmmmm. I'll have to try that. Either way, it's no big deal to me. No one will ever notice it, and the car isn't going anywhere, anytime soon.

Best way to find refinish work is to:
    Look for trash in the clear/sanding marks/inconsistent texture.
    If it's a body panel in question, run your hand along the edge. If it's perfectly smooth it's factory paint. If the edge is rough it's refinish paint. Works 100% of the time for finding paintwork. However, the edge feeling technique wouldn't apply to a bumper. The poster above had a good tip. I'll be sure to add it to my repertoire.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12