2013 WRX PREMIUM PASSENGER SEAT RATTLE

This is a discussion on 2013 WRX PREMIUM PASSENGER SEAT RATTLE within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i have noticed that my passengers seat has this annoying rattle , it doesnt do it when someone is sitting ...

2013 WRX PREMIUM PASSENGER SEAT RATTLE

i have noticed that my passengers seat has this annoying rattle , it doesnt do it when someone is sitting in it.
    Has anyone experienced this ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome. When the interior rattling is as distinct as the boxer rumble, it's what makes a Subaru a Subaru.

Honestly, I could care less about my squeeky interior, if you look around a little bit, it seems every single subaru rattles and squeeks. My solution? Nameless performance axleback and the COBB SF intake + my music. With all that going can't hear much besides what I'm paying attention to hear.

thanks Mike,
    i guess i won't worry about it then,kinda like my 06 mustang gt the dash in that car rattled like crazy.

I have a 12 premium w cloth seats. No rattle. Check and make sure everything is buttoned down. Bet u its a loose seat bolt or seat warmer plug. Might want to unbolt the seat, lift it up, move around wiring or tie them down, and bolt it back up.

Is it a rattle or a squeak?

I have 2011 WRX and it was doing the same thing, so I went to the dealer and they couldn't find what was wrong with it so all I did was unlocked my back seats and lock it back up good and all the rattling stopped. You may wanna try that if you haven't yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    Welcome. When the interior rattling is as distinct as the boxer rumble, it's what makes a Subaru a Subaru.

Honestly, I could care less about my squeeky interior, if you look around a little bit, it seems every single subaru rattles and squeeks. My solution? Nameless performance axleback and the COBB SF intake + my music. With all that going can't hear much besides what I'm paying attention to hear.
    +1
    2012 Wrx SWP Hatch-Traded
    2013 Limited ISM Hatch -Current

Mine does the same thing. It annoyed me at until I figured out what it was, and now im too lazy to fix it. Mine was a light metallic rattle. What is causing it is two zipper tabs hitting each other. You'll notice there is a seam in the harness cutout in the top of the seat. The two zippers are in the inside top of that seam. When a passenger is sitting in the seat they are putting pressure agaisnt the two so there is not enough space for them to rattle against eachother.

If that is unclear I can post a pic of the seam.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Here you go

Just to make you feel better

The Ten Most Annoying Flaws Of Great Cars

Read from top to bottom or you could just jump to number 1
    \_(ツ)_/
    Kunal - Ordered 2015 DGM WRX
    Photographer | Dancer | Tech Nerd | The Stink-Eye Mob #7
    First Mods: What and what not to do
    2011+ Big Mod Thread
    How to Buy a Used WRX or STI
    Complete USED WRX Buying Checklist

I believe the seat noise your hearing is the 'leather' of the seat rubbing up against the plastic siding. (at least i've read of that being an issue.)

Quote Originally Posted by Brockott View Post
    Mine does the same thing. It annoyed me at until I figured out what it was, and now im too lazy to fix it. Mine was a light metallic rattle. What is causing it is two zipper tabs hitting each other. You'll notice there is a seam in the harness cutout in the top of the seat. The two zippers are in the inside top of that seam. When a passenger is sitting in the seat they are putting pressure agaisnt the two so there is not enough space for them to rattle against eachother.

If that is unclear I can post a pic of the seam.

Do you have cloth? I have the same rattle w/ cloth seats. I'll look into this, thanks!

mine are cloth aswell i will take a look at that, thanks i hate taking it to the dealer for stuff like this, not a big fan of stealerships
    Quote Originally Posted by Esmcblur View Post
    Do you have cloth? I have the same rattle w/ cloth seats. I'll look into this, thanks!

Yes my seats are cloth.

Quote Originally Posted by kprugbyplaya View Post
    Here you go

Just to make you feel better

The Ten Most Annoying Flaws Of Great Cars

Read from top to bottom or you could just jump to number 1
    funny and true.
    my cloth 11 passenger seat does the same thing and it drives me crazy

The last 15 years I owned 95 Dodge Avenger, RSX-S, 1995 Altima, 2005 TC Scion, 03 Murano. Currently i owed 06 Honda Odyssey. But My 2012 Base WRX is the worst rattles in all of it, with leas than 17k on it. But I knew before hand the low interior quality + rattles Subaru issues in all its vehicles. I bought for Its AWD, performance and handling. That's what's matters the most.
    2012 WRX PPB sedan
    Foglights installed, Arm-rest extension installed. Upgrades: Eiback F/R sway bar, Kartboy endlinks F/R, Cusco lower chassis brace, COBB AP stage 1 map.