Which car(s) did you test drive and wish you would have bought, but didn't? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Which car(s) did you test drive and wish you would have bought, but didn't? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; haha i love commanches butttt ya know whats cooler than a commanche? a two door cherokee chopped and make to ...

haha i love commanches butttt ya know whats cooler than a commanche? a two door cherokee chopped and make to look like a commanche! a ton more work for the same looking thing! that was my plan for my last jeep and then paint it like the General Lee but plans never happened...one day...one day.
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Those had a VQ.
    Very true. The thing had some power in it and it was immediately on tap. It was a very fun car when I test drove it, but the torque steer was a bear.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    I make a point not to do a lot of test driving...dangerous stuff.

I tested an early '90's 300ZXTT...at the time it was easily the fastest car I'd ever been in, and . I didn't understand that, as a single guy, I was a fool not to go ahead and buy the car I wanted. It was a little on the heavier side for a sports car, but still handled pretty well, as I recollect.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I make a point not to do a lot of test driving...dangerous stuff.

I tested an early '90's 300ZXTT...at the time it was easily the fastest car I'd ever been in, and . I didn't understand that, as a single guy, I was a fool not to go ahead and buy the car I wanted. It was a little on the heavier side for a sports car, but still handled pretty well, as I recollect.
    My buddies dad owned one. Cool car, eventually replaced it with a Viper.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    The US didn't get a 2+2 twin turbo Z 1990 model, which was a shame. Safe cars (crashed one...) and too much car for me, even the slower models (crashed one...). Lots of money at the time and by mid decade too much money for almost anyone. Prettier than the Supra and more elegant. Never crashed a Supra so I can't compare that aspect though. Better interior then than Subaru now, better paint, less creaking.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXcritter View Post
    I've always bought the car I wanted so I really don't have any regrets. My problem is that I've made a couple impulse buys and I'm still paying for that. So, I wish I hadn't done that, and I probably could be driving an STI right now.
    Amen, The second I financed my first car I was upside down, 12% interest. I never caught up. Took a little loss on it and just bought a 2007 charger srt8 last december. Realized what a terrible dd it was and now im in the hole about 6k for it because I am trying to make my "smartest" buy so far of a wrx. Good daily but not just a boring econobox.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    The US didn't get a 2+2 twin turbo Z 1990 model, which was a shame. Safe cars (crashed one...) and too much car for me, even the slower models (crashed one...). Lots of money at the time and by mid decade too much money for almost anyone. Prettier than the Supra and more elegant. Never crashed a Supra so I can't compare that aspect though. Better interior then than Subaru now, better paint, less creaking.
    My dad has 4 Z32 300zxs. No way on Earth can you say that the interior of that car is nicer than newer subarus.

On the note of Twin Turbo 300zxs they look great, are a nightmare to work on and don't age great. Lots of gremlins.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by maus View Post
    My dad has 4 Z32 300zxs. No way on Earth can you say that the interior of that car is nicer than newer subarus.
    Good leather; T-top option; weighted shift knob, elegant instruments; major controls on pods (the environmental controls and their display in particular where very practical and easy to read and use without removing a hand from the wheel), less creaking and vibrating. Just IMO. Their engine bay isn't as nice to live with as a Subaru though. Even an oil change is more involved. 4WS answered questions nobody asked and added weight and complexity, the suspension was not as easy to access, etc. I still find those cars more elegant than the 350Z/370Z though -- they predate the catastrophically bad door handles.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by maus View Post

On the note of Twin Turbo 300zxs they look great, are a nightmare to work on and don't age great. Lots of gremlins.
    Yeah the location alone of those turbos make it near impossible to get to them!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Test drove a '93 MR2 Turbo back in '96, went home to get my down payment money, came back to the dealership to find someone else buying it….that sucked. I really wanted that car, ended up getting a '94 Integra GS-R instead. Still never got a GEN2 MR2, just an '86 I bought for $1300 and sold a year lated for $2300.

I wish I had purchased a GD STi / CT9A Evolution back in 08/09 many examples were fetching the same amount as they are today, except much younger and with lower mileage. The resale on either is absolutely absurd.

test drove a 2009 IS350...almost bought it...wanted an awd sedan....ended up getting the wrx...no regrets!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12