Do you miss your old car?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Do you miss your old car? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've had my WRX for about a year. Yesterday my buddy asked if I missed my old Mazda B 4000SE. ...

Do you miss your old car?

I've had my WRX for about a year. Yesterday my buddy asked if I missed my old Mazda B 4000SE. I summed it up like this. I loved my truck like a brother. I'd take it fishing, horse around off road and ask it to move furniture around. I love my WRX like a supermodel girlfriend , I just want to ride it every chance I get. How about you? Do you miss your previous ride?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Heck no! Drove a '97 POS S10 for a year and a half before my WRX, and a '99 Pontiac Grand Am for 11 years prior to that. This car supplants both of those by a huge margin.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

Sure bro, turbros are da bomb and all but I sho miss my veeeeeeeeeTAAAAAAAAAK.

Everything above this sentence is a lie.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Do I miss the POS '97 Mazda 626 auto with 175k, an overheating problem, blown struts, and a horrible automatic transmission that blew up and left me stranded by the highway?

Uh, no. I don't miss that at all. In fact, I'd largely forgotten I even owned it.
    I donated it to the homeless shelter, got a nice tax deduction, they shredded it for scrap, and not a single tear was shed.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38◊10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

I Support ClubWRX
    Cars I miss...I miss the '70 Impala that was my first car. The unsmogged, 350 V8 sounded glorious, and represented the freedom for me that came with having a license. I miss my '87 4Runner, beaten all to hell from backpacking trips. It was an ultra-reliable "buddy", in the sense that you were talking about with your truck. I sometimes miss my '91 MR2T. It was, quite possibly, the only true sports car I've ever owned. With the top out on a sunny day, you could hear the little turbo spool up behind your head like a dentist's drill. I kindof miss the 2005 Legacy wagon that we owned for a while as a family hauler. Just a great, all-round car, and tight enough to enjoy driving. Too bad my wife didn't like it.

I miss my motorcycles.

The other cars I've owned, I don't really miss.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Considering my last car was a 350z, I don't really miss it.

I do however miss the 07 STI Limited with 310whp/330wtq that I had before that, which I never should have gotten rid of
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I had a 350z uncomfortable seats, impractical and frankly not very fast. NO!
    Last edited by Doyen; 04-22-2013 at 02:07 PM.
    2013 WRX SWP Sedan 1600 miles!

Quote Originally Posted by Doyen View Post
    I had a 350z uncomfortable seats, unpractical and frankly not very fast. NO!
    I actually found the seats very comfortable. Plus, they were orange

What makes you say it was impractical? I could comfortably fit 3 total people in mine...if a skinny friend lays under the rear strut tower bar...

I will say that it was actually quite a quick little car, all things considered. 285hp VQ35 engine was very nice...very quick linear power delivery that the VQs are known for. Obviously completely different than a WRX/STI would be because it didn't have the boost kick in the pants. So that could comparatively make a 350z seem slow.

I liked the little car and it was fun for the 11 months I had it...but like you said. Just wasn't practical, and where I lived, it was near impossible to drive in winter. I wanted AWD and boost back.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX-Man View Post
    Do you miss your previous ride?
    Turbo AWD Mitsubishi: Never, ever again. No.
    MR2 MKI: Best Toyota ever made? Yes.
    Porsche: Not as good as MR2 MKI. No.
    Z: Ahead of its time and dated simultaneously. No small feat. Maybe.
    Celica: Slow, impractical, unreliable, costly to run. Yes.

There've been others. I should have bought a Honda. Everyone should.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Your Celica was impractical, unreliable, and costly to run?
    Wow, the 2 I had were the exact opposite of that. I'll admit that my '90 GT-S required tires that were more costly than they needed to be..but other than that, neither car cost me a cent in repairs, and got acceptable mileage.
    Last edited by RayfieldsWRX; 04-24-2013 at 06:38 AM.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I miss my previous WRX, it was reliable. 93k relatively trouble free miles.. The WRX I currently own has been the antithesis of reliable for the last five years.

I Support ClubWRX
    I miss my Integra.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

03 Sentra Spev V: I miss tossing it through hairpins
    09 Civic Si: Great build quality, but I was never passionate about the car
    08 350z coupe: I just got rid of it and I don't think I'll ever miss it. I didn't like anything about it.

Waiting on my 2013 WRX Premium Sedan to arrive.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Your Celica was impractical, unreliable, and costly to run?
    1980 US model with 20R. Carburetors are not something I miss. Finding a rebuilt unit in south LA was also not something I miss. The motor itself was robust but the ancillaries were not, and fuel use was disappointing. At one point I got a sticky valve that I corrected best I could by yelling at it. Finally I sold. The interior was small, the exterior large and I'd have preferred the opposite. It was a 1970s car to be fair, but I was driving it into the 90s. 20-year-old cars now are better than 20-year-old cars then, so my memory is tainted. I'd named it "The Antichrist" to honour the Land Rover from The Gods Must Be Crazy. Good times. I loved the car but that's subjective. Objectively it was just OK. (The FWD Celicas were far better cars. Best RWD Celica: Group B twin cam twin spark turbo "African Queen." WRC win in Coite D' Ivoire etc. but I digress).
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    There are times I miss the immediate torque available in my old 98 5.9L V8 Grand Cherokee. From to 0 to 50 it was a beast, and as an auto it was just stomp and go. Of course it had no top end and cornered like a pig, but it was fun.

I would love to go back and spend some time with my 88 RX-7 Turbo. RWD goodness with a turbo kick.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast