Do you miss your old car?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Do you miss your old car? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've had my WRX for about a year. Yesterday my buddy asked if I missed my old Mazda B 4000SE. ...

Do you miss your old car?

I've had my WRX for about a year. Yesterday my buddy asked if I missed my old Mazda B 4000SE. I summed it up like this. I loved my truck like a brother. I'd take it fishing, horse around off road and ask it to move furniture around. I love my WRX like a supermodel girlfriend , I just want to ride it every chance I get. How about you? Do you miss your previous ride?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Heck no! Drove a '97 POS S10 for a year and a half before my WRX, and a '99 Pontiac Grand Am for 11 years prior to that. This car supplants both of those by a huge margin.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

Sure bro, turbros are da bomb and all but I sho miss my veeeeeeeeeTAAAAAAAAAK.

Everything above this sentence is a lie.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Do I miss the POS '97 Mazda 626 auto with 175k, an overheating problem, blown struts, and a horrible automatic transmission that blew up and left me stranded by the highway?

Uh, no. I don't miss that at all. In fact, I'd largely forgotten I even owned it.
    I donated it to the homeless shelter, got a nice tax deduction, they shredded it for scrap, and not a single tear was shed.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I Support ClubWRX
    Cars I miss...I miss the '70 Impala that was my first car. The unsmogged, 350 V8 sounded glorious, and represented the freedom for me that came with having a license. I miss my '87 4Runner, beaten all to hell from backpacking trips. It was an ultra-reliable "buddy", in the sense that you were talking about with your truck. I sometimes miss my '91 MR2T. It was, quite possibly, the only true sports car I've ever owned. With the top out on a sunny day, you could hear the little turbo spool up behind your head like a dentist's drill. I kindof miss the 2005 Legacy wagon that we owned for a while as a family hauler. Just a great, all-round car, and tight enough to enjoy driving. Too bad my wife didn't like it.

I miss my motorcycles.

The other cars I've owned, I don't really miss.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Considering my last car was a 350z, I don't really miss it.

I do however miss the 07 STI Limited with 310whp/330wtq that I had before that, which I never should have gotten rid of
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I had a 350z uncomfortable seats, impractical and frankly not very fast. NO!
    Last edited by Doyen; 04-22-2013 at 02:07 PM.
    2013 WRX SWP Sedan 1600 miles!

Quote Originally Posted by Doyen View Post
    I had a 350z uncomfortable seats, unpractical and frankly not very fast. NO!
    I actually found the seats very comfortable. Plus, they were orange

What makes you say it was impractical? I could comfortably fit 3 total people in mine...if a skinny friend lays under the rear strut tower bar...

I will say that it was actually quite a quick little car, all things considered. 285hp VQ35 engine was very nice...very quick linear power delivery that the VQs are known for. Obviously completely different than a WRX/STI would be because it didn't have the boost kick in the pants. So that could comparatively make a 350z seem slow.

I liked the little car and it was fun for the 11 months I had it...but like you said. Just wasn't practical, and where I lived, it was near impossible to drive in winter. I wanted AWD and boost back.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX-Man View Post
    Do you miss your previous ride?
    Turbo AWD Mitsubishi: Never, ever again. No.
    MR2 MKI: Best Toyota ever made? Yes.
    Porsche: Not as good as MR2 MKI. No.
    Z: Ahead of its time and dated simultaneously. No small feat. Maybe.
    Celica: Slow, impractical, unreliable, costly to run. Yes.

There've been others. I should have bought a Honda. Everyone should.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Your Celica was impractical, unreliable, and costly to run?
    Wow, the 2 I had were the exact opposite of that. I'll admit that my '90 GT-S required tires that were more costly than they needed to be..but other than that, neither car cost me a cent in repairs, and got acceptable mileage.
    Last edited by RayfieldsWRX; 04-24-2013 at 06:38 AM.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I miss my previous WRX, it was reliable. 93k relatively trouble free miles.. The WRX I currently own has been the antithesis of reliable for the last five years.

I Support ClubWRX
    I miss my Integra.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

03 Sentra Spev V: I miss tossing it through hairpins
    09 Civic Si: Great build quality, but I was never passionate about the car
    08 350z coupe: I just got rid of it and I don't think I'll ever miss it. I didn't like anything about it.

Waiting on my 2013 WRX Premium Sedan to arrive.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Your Celica was impractical, unreliable, and costly to run?
    1980 US model with 20R. Carburetors are not something I miss. Finding a rebuilt unit in south LA was also not something I miss. The motor itself was robust but the ancillaries were not, and fuel use was disappointing. At one point I got a sticky valve that I corrected best I could by yelling at it. Finally I sold. The interior was small, the exterior large and I'd have preferred the opposite. It was a 1970s car to be fair, but I was driving it into the 90s. 20-year-old cars now are better than 20-year-old cars then, so my memory is tainted. I'd named it "The Antichrist" to honour the Land Rover from The Gods Must Be Crazy. Good times. I loved the car but that's subjective. Objectively it was just OK. (The FWD Celicas were far better cars. Best RWD Celica: Group B twin cam twin spark turbo "African Queen." WRC win in Coite D' Ivoire etc. but I digress).
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    There are times I miss the immediate torque available in my old 98 5.9L V8 Grand Cherokee. From to 0 to 50 it was a beast, and as an auto it was just stomp and go. Of course it had no top end and cornered like a pig, but it was fun.

I would love to go back and spend some time with my 88 RX-7 Turbo. RWD goodness with a turbo kick.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.