Do you miss your old car? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Do you miss your old car? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i miss my civic. 20$ to fill up and it would last 2 weeks. i would never go back to ...

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    i miss my civic. 20$ to fill up and it would last 2 weeks.

i would never go back to one for fear of it getting stolen but yeah. lol

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Considering that I still drive my slow ass 07 eclipse GS...I wish I had my WRX so that I would never have to think about how fast my car looks compared to how fast it really is....putt..putt..putt

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    I wish I hadn't wrecked my Brat turbo. The Discovery was a money pit but it was capable as F. I know that I will miss my Bugeye for the rest of my life when we part ways. The only thing that could make me forget it is a 911.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

I Support ClubWRX
    Hummm...

1983 s10 4x4 2.8L v6: I hope it died in a fire. But I thank it for setting the benchmark low and introducing me to mechanics. All $3800 worth at $4.15 an hour.

1993 1500 Z71: Yeah I do, but I don't want it back. I miss the sound of the custom built (by yours truly), balanced, roller rockered, non CATd, header-ed demonic 350. I miss the uncorked sound, and sliding a 6" lifted truck with knobby mud tires sideways on the asphalt while everyone else ran and hid in fear. Don't miss the horrible dash, the door handle design, or the glued on door hinges. It was the first vehicle I actually lusted after, and after a ton of work, made it mine. Met my wife in that truck.... good memories.

1997 VW Franken-golf: Yeah, but I don't want it back, when I sold it, it was tired and I was done. But that is the best handling FWD car I have ever driven. I miss the sound, the seats, the harnesses, sliding it around the 50 miles of back roads to and from work everyday. I miss the lumpy camshaft that made the whole front of the car shake. Miss the wheels. Don't miss the stupid pneumatic locking system, or the body moldings that loved to fall off.

2005 Mini cooper S: Actually yeah. I'd take another, but the 2007+ turbo version. I miss the agility, the handling prowess, the parking sorcery, its manic personality and its MPG's. It delivered a ton of smiles per gallon, and did it with a flair all its own. It was twitchier than **** above 80MPH and felt like in another 8mph time travel was possible, but damn pitch it into a corner and it was a go kart....rode like one too. I was dumb for not ordering cruise control.

1986 SAS Toyota truck on 35" tires: Yeah I shoulda got it to pass smog, but the funding wasn't there. Parted it out....damn shame.

There have been other short term owns, flips, then all the wife's cars.

I will miss the WRX when the day comes. But I wont miss not having a hatch, the factories horrible tuning, worse factory understeer than a FWD, its rattles, the 5MT.
    Last edited by 06wrx4me; 04-22-2013 at 05:21 PM.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    I will miss the WRX when the day comes. But I wont miss not having a hatch, the factories horrible tuning, worse factory understeer than a FWD, its rattles, the 5MT.
    My thoughts exactly. The sedan won't fit a growing family, the 5-speed sounds like a paper shredder in every gear but neutral, the factory tune was terribly uneven, and the body roll and plow made my wife carsick. At least I was able to fix the last two.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I Support ClubWRX
    I miss my 04 Nissan Titan. Picture this:

It's 2004. Nissan has come out with what is the new standard in pick up trucks. A factory spray-on bed liner? unheard of before. Standard 305 HP in every model? Unheard of. Faster than a Hemi by .1 seconds 0-60 according to Car and Driver. Everything from the bed to the doors to the interior button layout was designed to be big and bold. I add a 2 inch lift, timing advance, and a kick-ass Rockford Fosgate system along with grill inserts, bed rails, and some other things. And then, my job turns to crap and I take a job 37 miles away. Couldn't afford the gas for the commute. Had to trade it off. It was one of the worst days I ever had. I loved that truck for 3 years and was not ready to give it up. It is the vehicle I miss the most. Today, of course, it's outdated. No major changes in power, drive train, or design in 10 years. Every other truck has re-invented itself and power has exploded. But I'd still consider getting a Titan if I was in the truck market again. It felt like a race car with so much power off the line. THE MOST comfortable seats I've ever had in a vehicle. I could go on and on. I still have a picture of it on my fridge.
    2013 Subaru WRX named BlueRex
    2003 Jeep Rubicon, special zombie apocalypse edition

I miss all my old cars. I had a lot of good memories in every one of them. I miss my 88 RX-7 the most though. They have a lot of character. At the time i owned it i was pretty poor so i couldnt afford to rebuild the motor. I ended up getting rid of it for dirt cheap and i miss it.
    Find a low-mileage one-owner unmodified '04/'05 and you're golden.

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
    Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
    Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

I Support ClubWRX
    I miss the offroad capability of my 2001 s10 blazer Zr2.
    I miss the fuel efficiency of my 2006 impreza 2.5i.

BUTTTT...I forget about them both as soon as I open my garage door and see my 2011 STi

I never got rid of my old car. I gave it to a close friend who needed a car. She's almost at 200k now =)
    I just wish they'd take better care of it =(

Posted from a fone.

I had a 06 Honda S2000 that was tuned with bolt ons.

I miss the wreckless abandon I could toss that around corners with, but outside of that no.

It was a great car, and I loved owning it....but can't say I've looked back and regretted trading it on the WRX.
    2013 Ice Silver Premium 5 door - Stage 1 E-Tune

94 saturn-no
    96 probe gt- HELL no
    07 2.5i- meh
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

1992 Toyota Tercel. Everything was manual. I would definitely say yes.

I miss my 2007 Tacoma. It was a truck so I didn't care if I hit **** with it or ran **** over. I beat the living **** out if it and it took it and begged for more. I changed the oil like 4 or 5 times in 60000 miles. I drifted it. I ran stuff over. I clutch dropped it at every light. It was a good truck.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

miss all my jeeps the most

Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

I've had 11 cars so Ill sum it up with the cars I do miss:

1993 lifted silverado 2500: thing was a monster. 8mpg but I could do anything I wanted in it. Didnt give a ****
    2002 wrx: miss the hell out of it. I always felt so planted and I enjoyed the kick of the turbo.
    2000 Silverado: Completely Shaved, lifted, sound system, remote start, dvd players and murdered out. SICK TRUCK
    2002 camaro LS1 z28: that thing was a blast to drive, t tops cruisin down pch. Take it on the freeway, chill in 6th gear and get 20 mpg
    2006 Dodge magnum: Tons of room and pretty comfy.
    Currently drive a dodge charger srt8 Superbee: Fast as hell, comfy, all the options you'd want but trading it in for that first love of speed. Pickin up a wrx tomorrow (hopefully) It will be a much better DD and still have the fun factor. 6.1L is only so much fun in an automatic.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.