This is a discussion on How do you convince your spouse!? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by RichD514 After all necessary expenses are paid (utilities, bills, food etc...) Savings are taken care of, and ...
Ultimately yes, I can theoretically go do anything I want with the money that's flowing into the household. The truth is though..if I do so irresponsibly for long enough, I'm going to wind up living in a trailer somewhere, penniless while I pay child support 'til 2020.
"Bro ima get Bimota BB3 because expert. My parents have 911 turbo but awd won't let me launch, ima get 962 twin turbo Group C bro." -- SD_GR
Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon -- SOLD
2002 Subaru WRX Sedan -- SOLD
1) you can just order and be a man about it. If you cant have car parts, then she cant have her shoes, jewelry, dresses, etc. Its that simple.
2) ship the small stuff to another address(someone you know) and install there and im pretty sure she will not know about that. And for big things, you can ship home and just tell her that your car NEEDS this and without this the car will not maintain its longevity and it will hurt the engine, blah blah blah.
- And when i mean big things, I mean things that she will def notice. i.e exhaust.
3) Your friend gave it to you because he owed you a big favor from long time ago
4) lie about the price, but then that is risky, because she may ask for the receipt.
And dont buy her something just so you can buy your car part. You're just wasting more money.
Just buy "clearance" stickers and tell her you got it 80% off.
You can be creative with some things.
"An AP Stage 1 OTS tune is safer for my engine and save on maintenance later"
"Sweety with a stage 2 I'll get better gas milage even better with a protune"
"Honey I'm going green and switching to E85 because of my love for the environment"
You get the idea : P
...I just tell her to go back into the kitchen and make me a sandwich...
But seriously, I use the kids to my advantage:
Our conversation last night - while I was making her favorite meal, btw (women use sex, I use food to get what I want): Hunny, the stock exhaust rumble seems to bother josh's ears at bit (he's 2), so I think it would be smart to try to tone down the sound a bit - I read on the forum that if you get some equal length headers it sounds quiet like a honda accord or your mazda 3.
Her: "That sounds like a good idea, I have been thinking the exhaust sound is a bit loud lately." This might have been because I have been running the car in a lower gear and at higher RPMs for the last 3 or so weeks to make it louder when she's in the car - and told her the exhaust 'just bedded in'.
See - be sneaky and they think it was their idea.
2013 DGM WRX - Perrin CAI | PW TMIC | Forge BPV | Cobb DP | GS EBCS | DW 65C Pump | Perrin ELH & Uppipe | NGK One-Step Colder | Bren ProTune
Best Time (on 4.21.13): 12.26 sec @ 113 mph
My wife was actually a huge fan of the swaybars. After installing them, I took her for a drive through some mountain roads, and asked her what she thought. In her words: "I like them, the car doesn't roll through the corners, and it's much more confortable on the windy roads".
I was floored.