Compressor surge help - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Compressor surge help within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 11blackwrx I've checked the lines many times and I don't have any leaks so it seems to ...

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackwrx View Post
    I've checked the lines many times and I don't have any leaks so it seems to be narrowed down to this and the stock bpv causing the problems. But again I'm not too familiar with turbo systems and their problems

Leaks? The lines I'm talking about are a graphical representation of what the compressor wheel is capable of. Looking at the compressor map will tell you where you would be seeing compressor surge on that particular turbo with your engine's volumetric efficiency and the pressure ratio you are running.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Leaks? The lines I'm talking about are a graphical representation of what the compressor wheel is capable of. Looking at the compressor map will tell you where you would be seeing compressor surge on that particular turbo with your engine's volumetric efficiency and the pressure ratio you are running.

Is this picture referring to what the turbo can handle as far as boost pressure?
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackwrx View Post
    Is this picture referring to what the turbo can handle as far as boost pressure?

Yes, and how efficient it is at different boost levels in accordance with the engine it is being used on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12