This is why we cant have nice things - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on This is why we cant have nice things within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I had a minor panic attack when one of my timing belt pulleys came apart and I thought I blew ...

I had a minor panic attack when one of my timing belt pulleys came apart and I thought I blew my engine two blocks from home. After finding said pulley I was happy dancing in the garage in ten below weather with frost bitten fingers. Was even happier to drive six hours to get a timing belt kit(with pulleys) and install in ten above. Never been happier to start my little engine and hear it running smoothly. I strongly believe there is a distinguished difference between guys with cars and car guys. Or car girls. I know some kick ass tech lady's that know wayyyy more than I do. PROPS TO CAR PEOPLE!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    this video makes me realize how much i don't beat on my car lol

Registered User MercWithaMouth41's Avatar
    Best part is when they open the hood and the one guy points to the intercooler and says "See look you blew your intake up, theres oil all over it."

I Support ClubWRX
    Looks like they blew the hose to the throttle body off. IDK why Subaru installs all of their hose clamps so loose - many would be surprised if they went out and checked their intake clamps right now (they really should be tight enough to not leak and screw with your A/F).

I don't see the big deal. I've worked my motor harder than that over and over for 90K on just a WRX. I don't beat cars over rough surfaces like that though.

They are still too easily parted with their money though.
    Last edited by mycologist; 04-13-2013 at 06:06 AM.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Seen that video. Always wondered about the story behind how and why you would do this to a car.

Danger zone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12