'13 WRX needs engine replacement = I'm not happy - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on '13 WRX needs engine replacement = I'm not happy within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I check my oil every morning after the cars been sitting in the level garage all night....

I check my oil every morning after the cars been sitting in the level garage all night.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User Sheleileigh Law's Avatar
    I check fluids-tyre pressure generally once a week. I also get her washed once a week and mini-detailed once a month. I get oil changes every 3500-4000 miles - better more than few. And yeh, I keep oil in the boot.

Hope the OP gets everything fixed to his satisfaction-that really stinks! I'd probably make 'em give me a new car - that's just me.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rajalucy View Post
    30 minutes after the 17 miles drive
    Try checking it after its been sitting overnight. You will probably find it is lower.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

So here is where this whole thing landed. My dealer is getting me into a brand new 2013 as result of the rod bearing issue which lead to my engine failure. Needless to say I'm very pleased with this outcome and they really have gone above and beyond to ensure that I'm satisfied. There are two '13 sedans at other dealers that my dealer is currently trying to work a trade with. One is SWP and the other is same as my original one, ICM. I'll post again once all the dust has settled and I'm back on the road. I'm secretly hoping that the SWP works out...I think it looks pretty awesome.

That is awesome! Super glad everything worked out for you. Your dealer really stepped up on this one.
    Ray
    2013 WRX Limited ISM
    2003 WRX Wagon (sold)
    2013 BMW X5 Diesel

+1, that's awesome!

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice! SWP is pretty sweet. Good luck!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Excellent outcome.
    2010 WRB WRX wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Glad to hear it. Good for you for staying positive and patient through all this. It sounds like the dealer is responding as they should.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I Support ClubWRX
    That is quite frankly amazing. I wonder if the dealer thought of that or if it was suggested by Subaru. My guess is they'll take your car to some sort of lab for testing and reimburse the dealer or something. But it's a great outcome for you!
    2013 Subaru WRX named BlueRex
    2003 Jeep Rubicon, special zombie apocalypse edition

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    So here is where this whole thing landed. My dealer is getting me into a brand new 2013 as result of the rod bearing issue which lead to my engine failure. Needless to say I'm very pleased with this outcome and they really have gone above and beyond to ensure that I'm satisfied. There are two '13 sedans at other dealers that my dealer is currently trying to work a trade with. One is SWP and the other is same as my original one, ICM. I'll post again once all the dust has settled and I'm back on the road. I'm secretly hoping that the SWP works out...I think it looks pretty awesome.
    That is pretty incredible right there. Excellent outcome. Enjoy the new ride!

My dealer confirmed today that they were able to work out a trade with another dealer for the premium SWP sedan that I wanted. They should get it this weekend and then dealer install the options that I had on my previous WRX so that I can pick it up on Tuesday. Good stuff!

It got me to wondering though...what are they going to do with my old rex? They put a new short block in it, so I guess someone can get a decent deal for a car that had only had 3K miles on it...assuming the dealer discloses what happened and reduces the price down accordingly. Really not my problem I suppose, but I'm curious. Or maybe Subaru corporate takes it and the dealer gets reimbursed?

My dealer confirmed today that they were able to work out a trade with another dealer for the premium SWP sedan that I wanted. They should get it this weekend and then dealer install the options that I had on my previous WRX so that I can pick it up on Tuesday. Good stuff!

It got me to wondering though...what are they going to do with my old rex? They put a new short block in it, so I guess someone can get a decent deal for a car that had only had 3K miles on it...assuming the dealer discloses what happened and reduces the price down accordingly. Really not my problem I suppose, but I'm curious. Or maybe Subaru corporate takes it and the dealer gets reimbursed?
    My guess would be somewhere down the line someone will buy that car. Subaru isn't just going to melt it down so it's a safe bet that someone will at least have a portion (possibly all of the original parts + the new engine). You know what your car looks like so maybe they're swapping it with a dealer in a location where it wouldn't be likely you could identify it?

Apparently, there was little/no oil in my car and a potential problem with a rod.
    i'm confused. you "babied" your car, but never checked the oil level in almost 6 months?

s3aturnr
    the 3 is silent...

"Babied" is very subjective.
    Congrats on the outcome.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.