Megan Racing four piece engine mount kit question.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Megan Racing four piece engine mount kit question. within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Looking at purchasing Megan Racing's engine mount kit. Two engine mounts, pitch stop, and tranny mount from ebay. stuff looks ...

Megan Racing four piece engine mount kit question.

Looking at purchasing Megan Racing's engine mount kit. Two engine mounts, pitch stop, and tranny mount from ebay. stuff looks quality and Megan has a decent rep....but the price of the parts makes me think hmmmm. anybody have this kit installed? i am replacing 141000 mile old parts But i dont want to cheap out, they're kinda holding my engine down! I was going STI mounts but if this kit is good for the price it would be cool to get the trans mount too. eventually(before track season) ill be replacing All the driveling bushings and the clutch but my pitch stop is toast and needs to be replaces very Very soon!

And if its crap....ill just grab some goods from the subaru dealer in bozeman since im headed there tomarrow anyway. they have the sti stuff on the shelf

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Since when does Megan have decent rep?! Everyone and their brother knows Megan Racing is cheap ebay crap.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

you can buy it if you want your engine and trans to start driving themselves down the road after 10k miles.

I Support ClubWRX
    It is crap, and shouldn't be used. Save yourself the money it costs to get the parts, and the time to install them.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tirerob View Post
    Megan has a decent rep....but the price of the parts makes me think hmmmm.
    Dunno where you got that info from. It's not true. If the price makes you go, "hmmmm," the quality should make you go, "agh."

I don't know that the STi engine mount would even fit your engine, being that it's a 2.5 vs a 2.0. It may. Either way, however, you won't be getting a great upgrade. Go pick up the Group N mounts or I believe TiC was working on some engine mounts at one point or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Get the MSI solid billet mounts.

oops ya. sorry i meant Group N. this dealer is pro scca so they have lots of goodies. thanks guys i am going to get the stuff from the dealer. group n engine mounts and a aluminum pitch stop(with bushings) although i forget the brand of the dog bone right now. ill pass along the megan news to my friend that was considering coil overs and lower suspention just because of the cost. two days till a solid motor that wont rock me to death anymore! the trans mount can wait until my taxes get back.

so with Group N in mind, can i do the entire driveline bushings? i didnt ask about parts past the motor and pitch stop. id like to keep it matched up if i can.

Group N motor mounts while give you a little more NVH but are totally worth it.
    Also i got the Torque Solutions V3 Billet Pitch Stop. Can be had for ~$90 shipped. Totally worth it.
    Again you will get a little more NVH but it is worth it. Put a little sound deadning around your car to make up for it.

There are alot of bushing that can be replaced. I would give TiC a call or email. Tell them what you want and they will tell what to or not to get.

I Support ClubWRX
    so with Group N in mind, can i do the entire driveline bushings? i didnt ask about parts past the motor and pitch stop. id like to keep it matched up if i can.
    I would just use the Group N engine and tranny mounts, personally. Otherwise, Kartboy & Whiteline should be your go to manufacturers in my opinion. Give TiC a call. They'll always steer you in the right direction (pun intended), even if it means declining a bit of business.
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log

thanks silver i will. i already have four boxes of Boom Mat between the firewall/driver/ passenger floor boards and all the doors. leftovers went into the spare wheel tub. the NVH isnt going to bother me that much anyway...i just want a solid engine durnit lol. i can rock my motor back and forth by hand, but the factory pitch stop is still kinda intact. good to know that the extra cost pays back, now i am really excited to get on the road. wife gave me a after taxes you can have this $$$$ to spend on your car for fun allowance(LOL) and it should cover all the mounts/ bushings plus a clutch/ flywheel kit. i hope. if not, engine mounts and a stop plus the clutch kit. eithor way my big driveability issues are solved and ill have about two months to relearn how to drive a tight car before my first solo scca event. its a tiny track too but ill have freinds there with more rex wagons and ill get learn first before i flog my car.

I Support ClubWRX
    FWIW, the Group-N pitch stop mount is $45 for a reason; it's garbage (Group-N tranny and engine mounts are good, though). Get something like Kartboy, Beatrush, Ixiz, etc for that.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

ClubWRX.net Vendor Fast Tuning Products's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Looking at purchasing Megan Racing's engine mount kit. Two engine mounts, pitch stop, and tranny mount from ebay. stuff looks quality and Megan has a decent rep....but the price of the parts makes me think hmmmm. anybody have this kit installed? i am replacing 141000 mile old parts But i dont want to cheap out, they're kinda holding my engine down! I was going STI mounts but if this kit is good for the price it would be cool to get the trans mount too. eventually(before track season) ill be replacing All the driveling bushings and the clutch but my pitch stop is toast and needs to be replaces very Very soon!

And if its crap....ill just grab some goods from the subaru dealer in bozeman since im headed there tomarrow anyway. they have the sti stuff on the shelf
    I'd stay away from the Megan Mounts. If you would like a price on some Group N Mounts as well as a nice Pitch Stop mount send us a PM. I'll help you out best I can.
    Available Nights and Weekends Via E-mail and Private Message!!
    We want to Earn your Business!
    Give Us a Call Monday - Friday 10a-6p EST to order by phone!
    724-708-3044
    Need a price matched or beat? Email Us: sales@fasttuningproducts.com
    Like Us on Facebook: www.FaceBook.com/FastTuningProducts
    www.FastTuningProducts.com
    We Accept Paypal/Visa/MasterCard/American Express/AMEX/Discover

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by silvercookie View Post
    Get the MSI solid billet mounts.

Solid mounts aren't the best solution for everyone.. they are baller mounts though.

is the aftermarket pitch stop a noticeable difference? make the engine vibrations worse or anything inside of the car?
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    is the aftermarket pitch stop a noticeable difference? make the engine vibrations worse or anything inside of the car?
    I noticed a minimal difference in NVH with the KB pitch stop. Any difference I noticed may have been in my head anyhow. If anything, just vibration.
    2011 STi Build Log

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast