Megan Racing four piece engine mount kit question. - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Megan Racing four piece engine mount kit question. within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Ruh Roh is the aftermarket pitch stop a noticeable difference? make the engine vibrations worse or anything ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh
    is the aftermarket pitch stop a noticeable difference? make the engine vibrations worse or anything inside of the car?
    There was a distinct whine (especially during engine braking) with the Beatrush one we installed on my friends car.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    There was a distinct whine
    I thought that was Freed locked in the trunk...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I thought that was Freed locked in the trunk...
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

OK this is a odd question but how much should the factory Bleaah pitch stop, well ...stop? If I am idling in first and tap the throttle my car jerks back and forth like crazy, you can feel the motor rocking with head/neck. Feels like I need a hanz device. I would even settle for a stock piece right now

Quote Originally Posted by tirerob View Post
    OK this is a odd question but how much should the factory Bleaah pitch stop, well ...stop? If I am idling in first and tap the throttle my car jerks back and forth like crazy, you can feel the motor rocking with head/neck. Feels like I need a hanz device. I would even settle for a stock piece right now
    Do you not even have one on there at all?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3

It looks intact but the 'bushing' part in the middle is starting to crumble. I'm thinking torque solution or kart boy since nobody seems to have one here

OK...does the torque solutions pitch stop have steel inserts for the bolts to go through? I can't tell from the pictures

I Support ClubWRX
    get the group N stuff.

DONT get billet solid mounts. The NVH is WAYYY too much!

I liked my KB pitch stop
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Oh that's why they look like there's nothing in there! Thanks sinister! Ya I don't want to go solid. Group n everything else and a aluminum/ bushed pitch stop. And after romping around the big city of bozeman...probably a clutch too. Cold car its not to bad but after some city stop n go it starts to shudder really bad compounding the engine pitch. Feels like hot spots on the flywheel and I have records showing its been turned twice already. Strange I'm less concerned about replacing a flywheel/clutch assembly than the ten minute pitch stop. I've been under cars to long I think!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    get the group N stuff.

DONT get billet solid mounts. The NVH is WAYYY too much!

I liked my KB pitch stop

The problem with the Group-N mounts is that they have been shown to break down over time and end up being no stiffer than stock. I have solid billet aluminum mounts, but in my car NVH is not a concern. I wouldn't recommend them to most people though.

Kool. The billet mounts are real lookers but I am a daily driver. Right now I'd be happy with new stock bushings and mounts! That said, the misses gave me a budget and it looks like I can get into the rest of the drive line as well. Up front looks like KB pitch and Group N tranny and motor mounts. I also am looking at the rear diff lockdown kit and TIC comphy diff bushings. Cheap parts and relatively easy installs. Let see...also white line gearbox bushings and steering rack bushings. Quite a list but if I'm gonna burn plastic and replace a clutch too might as well make a weekend out of it. Anything else under there I should be prioritizing instead? I'm on a bender to stop the drive line slop. The rack bushings I don't really need but hey...I might make a scca solo event once or twice this year!

Quote Originally Posted by tirerob View Post
    Kool. The billet mounts are real lookers but I am a daily driver. Right now I'd be happy with new stock bushings and mounts! That said, the misses gave me a budget and it looks like I can get into the rest of the drive line as well. Up front looks like KB pitch and Group N tranny and motor mounts. I also am looking at the rear diff lockdown kit and TIC comphy diff bushings. Cheap parts and relatively easy installs. Let see...also white line gearbox bushings and steering rack bushings. Quite a list but if I'm gonna burn plastic and replace a clutch too might as well make a weekend out of it. Anything else under there I should be prioritizing instead? I'm on a bender to stop the drive line slop. The rack bushings I don't really need but hey...I might make a scca solo event once or twice this year!

Sounds pretty good.. as far as drive line slop, one of the main contributers is the joint in the drive shaft. Unfortunately a one piece carbon fiber drive shaft from DSS is like $1000. The aluminum one is cheaper, but you have to hammer out the tunnel to make it fit since it is larger diameter than stock (3"). A good solution is a custom steel drive shaft. Strength wise it can be smaller diameter then AL, and if you have a decent shop in your area they should be able to make you one for less than $300.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    The problem with the Group-N mounts is that they have been shown to break down over time and end up being no stiffer than stock. I have solid billet aluminum mounts, but in my car NVH is not a concern. I wouldn't recommend them to most people though.
    I had them and had no problems with my 450ish whp
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

got a final list of goods to be ordered tomarrow! TIC klunk killer kit. KB pitch stopper. group n engine and tranny mounts with KB bushings outside(the little two piece ones) toss in a full set of kartboy shifter bushings and i should be good till my new clutch/flywheel kit later this spring. gonna drive that till it goes then hallo stage one clutch and a factory flywheel. gonna be a busy weekend! WOO

Just did the clunk killer installs yesterday. They really weren't as bad as it seemed. Time consuming, yes. But just follow TiC's instructions and you'll be good. I had really bad diff clunking going on and these bushings really cleaned about 90% of it up. On top of that, the response from the transmission when accelerating after shifting is insanely noticeable. Definitely well worth the money and time spend on them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.