Can I trust my dealership for oil changes?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Can I trust my dealership for oil changes? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey everyone I am going in tomorrow for 15,000 mile service, oil change, and a recall... My concern is they ...

Can I trust my dealership for oil changes?

hey everyone I am going in tomorrow for 15,000 mile service, oil change, and a recall... My concern is they have my car listed as just 2012 impreza nothing about wrx im always paranoid they will accidently put in not synthetic oil. Am i overreacting I mean obviously they can tell that my car is a wrx right? Im just always worried they are putting in the wrong oil. Thanks everyone.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You're paranoid.
    2012 Limited Black Pearl WRX
    My Build to Destruction
    52 Week Project

They'll know its a wrx. If you are paranoid, like I was, double check with your service guy.

Posted from a fone.

I Support ClubWRX
    Well the 2012 Impreza also uses synthetic oil. Just not the same spec of the WRX.It takes 0-20W. So there. That is something else you should be worried about.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Keep your dated receipt. Done.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

haha why the hell would you tell me that man now i will be paranoid about that!!

what if the receipt says 30 and they actaully put in 20?

I Support ClubWRX
    There is one solution to this-DIY.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

What if the receipt says 30 and they actually put in 2-stroke?

I Support ClubWRX
    Lol tony....

Op You'll be fine.dealers aren't perfect but they're not that bad. As long as the technician isn't blind he's going to know its a wrx.
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

I Support ClubWRX
    I get my oil changed at the dealer and they do fine. They are also $15 less than anywhere else or if I was to do it myself.

Plus they use the correct oil filter (even with the recall on Subaru blues).
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

my car is leased can i do it my self on a leased car?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 2012PBWRX View Post
    my car is leased can i do it my self on a leased car?
    Read the terms of your lease. If it is not specifically excluded and you want to DIY I'd use the correct fluid specs and keep all dated receipts. If it is specifically excluded I would not DIY.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

On my last free oil change they left out some the clips on the undertray and cracked my back windshield. Like anywhere though, buyer beware

Quote Originally Posted by Gator0302 View Post
    On my last free oil change they left out some the clips on the undertray and cracked my back windshield. Like anywhere though, buyer beware
    How the hell does one manage that with an oil change?! Your intro thread has Renick Subaru plates, is that where it occurred?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.