Laser/Radar detectors - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Laser/Radar detectors within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by rquinn19 I don't want to point fingers, but I guess I am, but someone in this very ...

Quote Originally Posted by rquinn19 View Post
    I don't want to point fingers, but I guess I am, but someone in this very thread made a comment about don't break the law don't and you won't get pulled over and about how long they've been driving without being pulled over. That very same person can be seen in a pic cutting a turn and completely crossing the double yellow lines. And truth be told I don't personally know the person, but I hold him in high regards here on this forum because he's been helpful to me as well as many others.
    High regards? Thanks!

I thought I was driving in England though for a minute...

I never said I didn't break any laws...and I never said I don't speed. I simply say if you don't want to worry about getting pulled over, then don't speed. That's all. I just personally think radar detectors are a waste of money and that's all I was getting at. I'm not gonna get all up on the "practice what you preach" wagon here, because I obviously don't have the greatest driving habits in the world. But when I do certain actions, I do make sure that nobody is going to be in danger from what I do. I'm more of a "if they don't see you, then you won't get caught" kind of a person. While I do see where a radar detector could help with that kind of a mantra, I feel like it takes away from a person's ability to have a certain mental vigilance. When I had a radar detector back near 10 years ago, I drove around thinking "ahhh, I have a radar detector...let me drive and not care how I drive because this thing will tell me when to slow down and where there's a cop." I'll be the first to admit I was a stupid teen at that time...cause I did get a couple different speeding tickets when I had it. Since getting rid of it...and through 9 further years of driving, I'd gotten a single speeding ticket, and that was being an idiot when I first got my first STI 6 years ago. I guess for me personally, it was a "false sense of security."

The particular picture was from a fun run at a meet. It was a pretty wide sweeping turn, downhill with a lot of visibility on a not very traveled road...and as we all know, cutting a turn like that is better for "performance." I know its not a racetrack...but what the hell...made for a cool picture ha.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Okay, gotta step in, here. You're putting enough specific info out there to where this could become a problem, if the "very same person" determines that you're talking about them. Let's keep things non-personal. So far, this conversation has been pretty civil...let's keep it that way.
    No harm done...I understand what he was getting at

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3

I Support ClubWRX
    All good. Just felt like putting on my spurs, for a moment.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

This is an imperfect world with imperfect drivers and imperfect law enforcement. If you drive a sports car you can be targeted no matter how you drive. While driving (slowly) in my WRX to work, early and dark in the morning, my wife was followed by a police trooper in an unmarked car who repeatedly tried to make her speed by accelerating and hard braking when very close to her tail lights. The only thing that identified the trooper was our Valentine One beeping like crazy (in concealed mode). She kept her speed and was not pulled over. I lost count of how many times my V1 have saved me from tickets (there are a lot of places in my area with ridiculously low speed limits that no one obeys) I has paid for itself many times.
    Last edited by wrightway; 03-23-2013 at 08:48 AM.
    2008 WRX HATCH W/ TORQUED PERFORMANCE STAGE 3.52

Quote Originally Posted by mcdbrendan View Post
    No they won't. The RMR has literally no jamming capability, and has been tested multiple times to prove that. Plus, they state that it is only "jamming" LIDAR (laser), not radar, which is legal.
    that's funny. yeah, our legislators have, thus far, found it difficult to put a law against manipulating a beam of light. probably the only reason laser jammers haven't been outlawed yet...

s3aturnr
    the 3 is silent...

Hmm.. I don't have a radar detector, but have been interested in one. Are radar detectors under $200 any good? Any recommendations? I don't want to buy something if it's not going to do its job. I havn't really committed to buying one yet because I'm from San Francisco and there are just so many cars around that I can't really speed too much. Well.. I can, but I don't want to be that 'guy' who swerves between cars and changing lanes constantly. Not exactly safe to myself either, and it just attracts a lot of attention. But as a lot of people say here, its a nice device to help keep you in tact when you do accidentally speed

I Support ClubWRX
    The mid tier Beltonics units are good value.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

i dont know why i come to this site. (geting addicted)
    first AP then DP now this
    now i am planning to buy V1 after reading so much on the net.
    is there any thing better at $399

Did you find a V1 for 399? Cuz I'd be all over that

Quote Originally Posted by rajalucy View Post
    i dont know why i come to this site. (geting addicted)
    first AP then DP now this
    now i am planning to buy V1 after reading so much on the net.
    is there any thing better at $399
    Nope, the V1 is the best you can get in this price range. I've used a V1 for 3 years now and it is an awesome device.

Quote Originally Posted by anthony360 View Post
    Did you find a V1 for 399? Cuz I'd be all over that
    Valentine's website has them for sale for $399 before tax.

i don't know why but it never occurred to me to look on their website...
    and everywhere else has it for 500 i thought that was its normal price.

Quote Originally Posted by hliu320 View Post
    I'm from San Francisco and there are just so many cars around that I can't really speed too much. Well.. I can, but I don't want to be that 'guy' who swerves between cars and changing lanes constantly.

it comes with every thing i need i am going to order it now but my question is can i put it on lower side of windshield or has to be upper side.
    the pain is going to be that i have to remove it every day from windshield since some AH can break my window for
    V1
    it is 494 on amazone but 399 on V1 site

I Support ClubWRX
    The Valentine website sells it for less than external websites. They recommend placing it as high up as possible.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast