need advice on obd2 app adapter

This is a discussion on need advice on obd2 app adapter within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Review of Bluetooth OBD2 Wireless Transceiver Diagnostic Dongle - Check Engine Light - YouTube i found some realy cheap ...

need advice on obd2 app adapter

Review of Bluetooth OBD2 Wireless Transceiver Diagnostic Dongle - Check Engine Light - YouTube
    i found some realy cheap $15 and some aound $40 (BT)
    my question is if any body has any exp. with this thing
    i want to use it to monitor boost
    tx

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I just experimented with this. Maybe not the exact one you're looking at, bought it on Amazon. The one on Ebay may be a cheap chinese POS, but should work at least for a while. I connected to an Android 1.5, a bit outdated. Loaded the Torque app of a few years back, old version, as the current one is for Android 2.1 or newer. Works fine so far. Not sure yet just how exact it is, but it seems to have very little lag. If you just want to see what's going on I think this may be a decent way to go about it. You can configure and set instruments as you like. THe Pro version has a lot more bells and whistles, for $ 5 or 6. I'm not complete with this yet, see also my thread in "electronic engine control" in the tech section.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

This is the one I am using.

OBD2 OBD EOBD Bluetooth Wireless Code Reader Can Bus | eBay

Works perfectly on my WRX, C250, Volvo C70, Honda Civic, Chevy Trailblazer.

i bought mine off of amazon. I can't remember what I paid or what kind but it was most certainly under 40 bucks. Works great.

Subaru WRX 2011 Spark Silver Metallic

tx for the links
    i ask some tec friend and he said elm327 chip is a cheap made so $15 or $30 is basicaly the same thing with diffrent plastic and some stickers
    i order some small size obd bacause my snapshot device hangs quite out and my knee hits it all the time
    i paid $22.47 delivered from amazon

have an 8 dollar one from ebay, works great with torque app for android was free. works awesome, but not good for boost reading, do yourself a favour and get an actual boost controller

Mine is 100% real time, boost, RPM, MPH it's all instant, just as fast as a real gauge.

Yeah I have to agree it's fairly good at reading in real time. It might not be as precise but as soon as I step of the accelerator the RPM and boost do change. I would imagine there is some lag but it's very minimal.
    Subaru WRX 2011 Spark Silver Metallic

i will compare with my accessport that i just order
    will check max boost on both at similar rpm

See my post "torque app" in electronic engine management, in the tech section. If interested do a search for Torque (-app), ELM237, Bluetooth adapter, there's quite a lot of info, certainly enough to start with. IMHO it's a good way for a temporary set of instruments, can be removed without leaving a trace, can be used in other cars, is cheap... I'm using it quite a bit right now, just monitoring stuff that otherwise (with laptop) would be just too cumbersome. Once I've seen how everything works I'll likely take it back off and only use it occasionally to confirm things are still right or to find out whats up when things go wonky (in which case I might just go and hook up the laptop anyways...)
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?